Leinster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm BBC2NI/Sky Sports/TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Leinster v Ulster Sat 5:35pm BBC2NI/Sky Sports/TG4

Post by Tender »

Bowe has been utter pants all season.
The only medical staff Kiss should be talking to is a shrink. He is clearly labouring under the delusion that he’s a DOR and a defensive guru.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

rumncoke wrote:i am not LK and i don’t see any wick fix for a back row mix of slow and inexperienced players together with a backline lacking urgency in attack and only memories of how to defend .

To be honest I didn’t see any evidence of the great Cave effect much highlighted by some on Monday night I said then it is easy to look sound in defence when the opposition kick the ball to you and seldom attack ball in hand .

Munster don’t play that game Leinster do .

I have always rated Larmour and consider he his better player than Carberry who in my book is something of a skilful show pony .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Why do you hate Cave so much? He got some deserved praise last week and you cannot hack it so you single him out this week amongst the awful display of the back three. What did he do to you? Did you find your wife goggling pictures of him?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Walk away Dave...just walk away.
Turn out the lights, kiss the Mrs goodnite and don’t let him get to you.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:
rumncoke wrote:i am not LK and i don’t see any wick fix for a back row mix of slow and inexperienced players together with a backline lacking urgency in attack and only memories of how to defend .

To be honest I didn’t see any evidence of the great Cave effect much highlighted by some on Monday night I said then it is easy to look sound in defence when the opposition kick the ball to you and seldom attack ball in hand .

Munster don’t play that game Leinster do .

I have always rated Larmour and consider he his better player than Carberry who in my book is something of a skilful show pony .

Why do you hate Cave so much? He got some deserved praise last week and you cannot hack it so you single him out this week amongst the awful display of the back three. What did he do to you? Did you find your wife goggling pictures of him?
No but she loves his doughnuts
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Clancy didn't have to bad in that game by it helped

Leinster do a fine job of taking out the secondary defence by blocking the back row leaving the outside backs facing one on one at pace in space with support .

Anyone surprised at the defeat or margin shouldn't have been .

Mr p is not a full back and the backline is too predictable shuffling the ball across the line .

CL lacks Paddy's speed and length of pass thus the ball is

slow from foot of scrum to inside centre who is unable to pass to the outside centre .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Well I never, that didn't take you long Ron'n. I've been saying that for considerably in excess of a year.

I'll tell you what did surprise me Ron, the halftime score given they had 12 in the beg double quick, then that fecktard Piutau almost concedes an own-try on the stroke of halftime to set alongside his disgraceful non-tackle.

Very bad day for many many players. Wee Black was a feckin' trojan as he has been most of the season. That apart................I got nuthin.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

McCloskey carried well and Herbst put in one good hit.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:McCloskey carried well and Herbst put in one good hit.
McCloskey played like a bag of shyte

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Marco
Novice

Post by Marco »

Three derbies, aggregate score For: 46, Against: 99, bottom Province. In five out of six halves we were 'boys against men', with apologies to boys everywhere!

Free stadium (for me the best, taking into account all factors, in the game at this level),pretty much full houses guaranteed.

Because I really just don't know why this is I'm not going to attack anyone, but I do know that this matters an awful lot to a lot of people and, not unlike Stormont (btw Barry McIlduff wtf, and even if he'd had a loaf of Nutty Krust on his head wtf!), we deserve better.

Sean Reidy (a player I like) tells us the players don't listen to either the criticisms or the good stuff (really Sean?) and shut it all out - even if true Sean you (ie everyone at Ravenhill) don't get away with that, you're living the dream of professional sport (I remember David Humphreys once saying that the worst day in a professional sporting players career will beat the best day in a real job).

We need some serious hard assed leader in there to, yes, to paraphrase a man that I loathe, ''drain the swamp' that is Ulster professional rugby!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Go watch the 2013 match. That defensive line purrs like a kitten. Great linespeed and more often than not prevents the ball going wide. Everyone knows exactly where they should be and each player has confidence in the system. Currently players are compensating for a crap system and shooting up/watching the ball because they have no confidence the man inside will make the tackle. The 2013 line was rarely stretched but the current one is full of holes and so easy to stretch. Tell Les to FO and then get Andy Farrell down asap like Munster had him to do sessions with the team.

FROLK
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Dave wrote:Go watch the 2013 match. That defensive line purrs like a kitten. Great linespeed and more often than not prevents the ball going wide. Everyone knows exactly where they should be and each player has confidence in the system. Currently players are compensating for a crap system and shooting up/watching the ball because they have no confidence the man inside will make the tackle. The 2013 line was rarely stretched but the current one is full of holes and so easy to stretch. Tell Les to FO and then get Andy Farrell down asap like Munster had him to do sessions with the team.

FROLK
I called for Farrell a while back to do what he did at Munster for us. It won't happen anytime soon with 6n coming up and kiss still in charge. I honestly think if we fail to qualify for Europe quarters, kiss will be gone. Give Jonno the reigns through the 6 nations and get Farrell to help out after that till the end of the season. Gives Jonno time to put the feelers out for a defence coach.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

What's a defence coach?
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Tender wrote:What's a defence coach?
What’s an attack coach?

Set piece plays are horrific to watch.

Scrum RHS - plan A -hit stu
Plan B -hit stu

Scrum LHS - Plan A -hit Stu
Plan B - hit lele coming back blind.

It’s embarrassing how bad it is.

Peel = Howley Mark II

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

A bluffer from league who talked their way into a job with weak CEOs

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

kingofthehill wrote:
What’s an attack coach?

Set piece plays are horrific to watch.

Scrum RHS - plan A -hit stu
Plan B -hit stu

Scrum LHS - Plan A -hit Stu
Plan B - hit lele coming back blind.

It’s embarrassing how bad it is.

Peel = Howley Mark II

Worrying.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Polroger
Novice

Post by Polroger »

The problems are deep rooted.

The academy needs to be dissolved and young ULSTER talent should be playing club rugby where they may, at the very least, learn what playing for the shirt means.

An Ulster team for Ulster players...............please!!