Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

December 2018

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Who is online

In total there are 19 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 14 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, BaggyTrousers, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 658093
Total topics 19121
Total members 2928
Our newest member joe soap

So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 2 votes
  

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby therealspratt » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:12 pm

I don't know, it's getting to the point where we should accept being the 4th province.
User avatar
therealspratt
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1458
Joined: Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:53 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:23 pm

You mean you haven't already?
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Squire
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby promenader 2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:35 pm

'Connacht can have similar gripes btw'
So it's not a north-south thing then? I thought from the tone of some of the comments above that it was. Mind you, you'll not find too many Munster fans who'll agree that they are - along with Leinster - one of the favoured children. As for individual player selections, just listen to any panel of 'experts' on any sport - rugby, football, GAA, cricket - and you'll hear a range of conflicting opinions about different players in different positions. It's a pub sport. I'll believe that Ulster players are routinely ignored by Ireland selectors when we are regularly the best team in Ireland, if not Europe, and our players aren't being selected. Until then I'll continue to believe in the gospel of self-interest, which teaches that professional coaches don't ignore good players if they want to be successful and keep their jobs.
User avatar
promenader 2
Novice
 
Posts: 215
Images: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:43 pm

Maybe Les meant we are not that far away from Leinster?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18622
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby pwrmoore » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:54 pm

promenader 2 wrote:'Connacht can have similar gripes btw'
So it's not a north-south thing then? I thought from the tone of some of the comments above that it was. Mind you, you'll not find too many Munster fans who'll agree that they are - along with Leinster - one of the favoured children. As for individual player selections, just listen to any panel of 'experts' on any sport - rugby, football, GAA, cricket - and you'll hear a range of conflicting opinions about different players in different positions. It's a pub sport. I'll believe that Ulster players are routinely ignored by Ireland selectors when we are regularly the best team in Ireland, if not Europe, and our players aren't being selected. Until then I'll continue to believe in the gospel of self-interest, which teaches that professional coaches don't ignore good players if they want to be successful and keep their jobs.


agreed.
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
User avatar
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11661
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 8:51 am
Location: East Belfast

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Cornerfleg » Mon Jan 08, 2018 4:59 pm

Dave wrote:Maybe Les meant we are not that far away from Leinster?


On the UR world map anything past Lisburn is titled - There be Dragons.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
User avatar
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11565
Images: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm
Location: In Toulon ... waiting for an offer

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:09 pm

Cornerfleg wrote:
Dave wrote:Maybe Les meant we are not that far away from Leinster?


On the UR world map anything past Lisburn is titled - There be Dragons.
Welsh twunts

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28213
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Jan 08, 2018 5:59 pm

pwrmoore wrote:
promenader 2 wrote:'Connacht can have similar gripes btw'
So it's not a north-south thing then? I thought from the tone of some of the comments above that it was. Mind you, you'll not find too many Munster fans who'll agree that they are - along with Leinster - one of the favoured children. As for individual player selections, just listen to any panel of 'experts' on any sport - rugby, football, GAA, cricket - and you'll hear a range of conflicting opinions about different players in different positions. It's a pub sport. I'll believe that Ulster players are routinely ignored by Ireland selectors when we are regularly the best team in Ireland, if not Europe, and our players aren't being selected. Until then I'll continue to believe in the gospel of self-interest, which teaches that professional coaches don't ignore good players if they want to be successful and keep their jobs.


agreed.

I'll tip my hat to your ignoring of the facts I brought up in my post.
If you are denying that there has been in the past a pro south prejudice then I can't help you.
Everyone knows Schmidt is a one eyed republican bigot and you may well have his other eye.
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Squire
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:30 pm

Joe was in the ra
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18622
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:39 pm

In it??
He invented it
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Squire
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby promenader 2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm

Liz Fraser wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
promenader 2 wrote:'Connacht can have similar gripes btw'
So it's not a north-south thing then? I thought from the tone of some of the comments above that it was. Mind you, you'll not find too many Munster fans who'll agree that they are - along with Leinster - one of the favoured children. As for individual player selections, just listen to any panel of 'experts' on any sport - rugby, football, GAA, cricket - and you'll hear a range of conflicting opinions about different players in different positions. It's a pub sport. I'll believe that Ulster players are routinely ignored by Ireland selectors when we are regularly the best team in Ireland, if not Europe, and our players aren't being selected. Until then I'll continue to believe in the gospel of self-interest, which teaches that professional coaches don't ignore good players if they want to be successful and keep their jobs.


agreed.

I'll tip my hat to your ignoring of the facts I brought up in my post.
If you are denying that there has been in the past a pro south prejudice then I can't help you.
Everyone knows Schmidt is a one eyed republican bigot and you may well have his other eye.

I didn't ignore your facts, you didn't provide any - just a set of opinions, to which you're entitled. 'Madigan over Jackson at the World Cup'. Well, I agree that Paddy is a far better 10 than Mads, but Mads can also play in other positions, whereas Paddy can't. Maybe the coach decided to go for versatility to give himself a few more options, who knows. Here's the thing, though: if Joe doesn't take Ireland to at least the semi finals of the next World Cup, he'll be regarded as an under achiever, and he knows that. I would bet my house that if he could be guaranteed finishing in the last 4 by playing 15 Ulster men - including beagle - he'd do it in a heartbeat.
User avatar
promenader 2
Novice
 
Posts: 215
Images: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Tender » Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:49 pm

'Professional coaches don't ignore good players'

Darren Cave!
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2629
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:14 pm

promenader 2 wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
promenader 2 wrote:'Connacht can have similar gripes btw'
So it's not a north-south thing then? I thought from the tone of some of the comments above that it was. Mind you, you'll not find too many Munster fans who'll agree that they are - along with Leinster - one of the favoured children. As for individual player selections, just listen to any panel of 'experts' on any sport - rugby, football, GAA, cricket - and you'll hear a range of conflicting opinions about different players in different positions. It's a pub sport. I'll believe that Ulster players are routinely ignored by Ireland selectors when we are regularly the best team in Ireland, if not Europe, and our players aren't being selected. Until then I'll continue to believe in the gospel of self-interest, which teaches that professional coaches don't ignore good players if they want to be successful and keep their jobs.


agreed.

I'll tip my hat to your ignoring of the facts I brought up in my post.
If you are denying that there has been in the past a pro south prejudice then I can't help you.
Everyone knows Schmidt is a one eyed republican bigot and you may well have his other eye.

I didn't ignore your facts, you didn't provide any - just a set of opinions, to which you're entitled. 'Madigan over Jackson at the World Cup'. Well, I agree that Paddy is a far better 10 than Mads, but Mads can also play in other positions, whereas Paddy can't. Maybe the coach decided to go for versatility to give himself a few more options, who knows. Here's the thing, though: if Joe doesn't take Ireland to at least the semi finals of the next World Cup, he'll be regarded as an under achiever, and he knows that. I would bet my house that if he could be guaranteed finishing in the last 4 by playing 15 Ulster men - including beagle - he'd do it in a heartbeat.
Madigan playing in other positions was a fallacy disproven in seconds

It was close to lie

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28213
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Dave » Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:19 pm

It was a lie. He doesn't even play 10.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18622
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:05 pm

promenader 2 wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:
pwrmoore wrote:
promenader 2 wrote:'Connacht can have similar gripes btw'
So it's not a north-south thing then? I thought from the tone of some of the comments above that it was. Mind you, you'll not find too many Munster fans who'll agree that they are - along with Leinster - one of the favoured children. As for individual player selections, just listen to any panel of 'experts' on any sport - rugby, football, GAA, cricket - and you'll hear a range of conflicting opinions about different players in different positions. It's a pub sport. I'll believe that Ulster players are routinely ignored by Ireland selectors when we are regularly the best team in Ireland, if not Europe, and our players aren't being selected. Until then I'll continue to believe in the gospel of self-interest, which teaches that professional coaches don't ignore good players if they want to be successful and keep their jobs.


agreed.

I'll tip my hat to your ignoring of the facts I brought up in my post.
If you are denying that there has been in the past a pro south prejudice then I can't help you.
Everyone knows Schmidt is a one eyed republican bigot and you may well have his other eye.

I didn't ignore your facts, you didn't provide any - just a set of opinions, to which you're entitled. 'Madigan over Jackson at the World Cup'. Well, I agree that Paddy is a far better 10 than Mads, but Mads can also play in other positions, whereas Paddy can't. Maybe the coach decided to go for versatility to give himself a few more options, who knows. Here's the thing, though: if Joe doesn't take Ireland to at least the semi finals of the next World Cup, he'll be regarded as an under achiever, and he knows that. I would bet my house that if he could be guaranteed finishing in the last 4 by playing 15 Ulster men - including beagle - he'd do it in a heartbeat.

And in the absence of any facts you are supplying for that drivel I am going to have suggest you get sectioned for your suggestion that Beagle would ever play for Ireland.
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Squire
 
Posts: 637
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, BaggyTrousers and 9 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->