So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Post by Russ »

Liz Fraser wrote:There's a fine line separating success from failure.
Its called the border.
Not many positives about louth let's be honest

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Its called the border.
There is no border in Irish rugby Liz.
Bo***cks to Brexit
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Shan »

Russ wrote:Not many positives about louth let's be honest
Ravishing Rob.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Shan wrote:
Russ wrote:Not many positives about louth let's be honest
Ravishing Rob.
And dave
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

John Afoa back playing rugby. Miracle!

jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

rocky wrote:
Its called the border.
Except for the player's tax back......
and the free to air coverage of the A.I.s for our Southern brothers while we have to pay Sky.....

and the fact that of the last circa 200 internationals involving all representative sides and levels up to the women's world cup only 3 were this side of the border.

Probably just a coincidence that 180 of them were in Leinster. Nothing to do with the border ...or the fact that there are two countries involved.....Pure even handedness is such a clearly obvious characteristic of the IRFU.

I'm sure denying about one third of the population of the island access to live t.v. and actual live games is just an oversight. No border in Irish rugby. Sure don't we have Ireland's Call? :lol:
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

jackthelad wrote:
rocky wrote:
Its called the border.
and the free to air coverage of the A.I.s for our Southern brothers while we have to pay Sky.....

and the fact that of the last circa 200 internationals involving all representative sides and levels up to the women's world cup only 3 were this side of the border.

Probably just a coincidence that 180 of them were in Leinster. Nothing to do with the border ...or the fact that there are two countries involved.....Pure even handedness is such a clearly obvious characteristic of the IRFU.

I'm sure denying about one third of the population of the island access to live t.v. and actual live games is just an oversight. No border in Irish rugby. Sure don't we have Ireland's Call? :lol:
What jack said Rocky but I assume you taking the p considering also the preferential treatment other provinces get. from international call ups over the years right up to the forced selling of Ruan.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rocky wrote:
Its called the border.
Not sure I believe that anymore Rocky, I haven't believed that since there was one rule for Nacewa and another for Pienaar. People have attempted to dress that up, indeed some now think they were right because "look how well Cooney is doing". That, of course, is irrelevant. What matters is how future NIQs view a trip to Ireland other than for soft money. Will there ever be another player who buys in so much that he wants to make it his home after what happened to Ruan? I doubt it.

I don't think the FIRFU give a toss about Ulster as long as we aren't a financial liability.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Oi Liz, how do you like your borders, soft as cream cheese or harder than that diamond on your finger?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Well trimmed..?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

No lads my favourite border is the former Aussie cricket captain Alan.
A tenacious and competitive leader, the cricketing paradoxical equivalent to Robbie Diack.
Closely followed by border collies because they are friendly tame and fluffy.
The dog equivalent to Robbie Diack.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
rocky wrote:
Its called the border.
Not sure I believe that anymore Rocky, I haven't believed that since there was one rule for Nacewa and another for Pienaar. People have attempted to dress that up, indeed some now think they were right because "look how well Cooney is doing". That, of course, is irrelevant. What matters is how future NIQs view a trip to Ireland other than for soft money. Will there ever be another player who buys in so much that he wants to make it his home after what happened to Ruan? I doubt it.

I don't think the FIRFU give a toss about Ulster as long as we aren't a financial liability.
IIRC IRFU's official policy is that there is a border and any rugby north of it is still Irish rugby, but it is no longer Ireland.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
rocky wrote:
Its called the border.

IIRC IRFU's official policy is that there is a border and any rugby north of it is still Irish rugby, but it is no longer Ireland.
Hopefully someone has aleryed Mcelduff

promenader 2
Initiate

Post by promenader 2 »

Liz Fraser wrote:
jackthelad wrote:
rocky wrote:
Its called the border.

What jack said Rocky but I assume you taking the p considering also the preferential treatment other provinces get. from international call ups over the years right up to the forced selling of Ruan.
Wise up. Look at our record in the last 15 years compared to the other provinces. Why wouldn't the multiple European Cup winners of Leinster and Munster have more players in the Irish squad than us? The westies have even won a league title in that period. It's also true that since our only European success, it's been increasingly the case that our stand out players in any given season have been non IQs. When local talent has raised its head, it has generally been part of the team or the squad, even captaining the side in recent years. The notion that professional coaches with careers to further and reputations to enhance would overlook players who could help them achieve their goals simply because they're from Ulster is just so much self-pitying nonsense.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

You even highlighted the term OVER THE YEARS a clear reference not to recent times.
Or else I would have said in recent times.
However Girvan Dempsey selected on wing over Tommy Bowe.
Madigan over Jackson in the World Cup.
Earls over Cave in the centre.
The treatment of Neil Best jettisoned from the squad without a second chance despite being our player of the autumn internationals.
Just off the top of my unwise head.

Ignoring of players from North of the border in our 10 year dominance of the interpros despite the international sides underperformance still jars and was the main reason for my comment.
Even David Irwin announced "Maybe the Irish selectors will look North of the border for a change", on the Ravenhill steps after our umpteenth successive win.

The fact that Leinster and Munster have won European Cups in recent years doesn't add weight to your argument.
It just makes their bias easier and convenient as it's justified.
I wouldn't be stupid enough to suggest any of our lot not currently imvolved should be selected right now.
Only a madman would.

Interesting though that year we won the European cup without any NIQS we had just 5 out of 25 players in the 5 nations squad and we finished joint bottom.

Connacht can have similar gripes btw.
Your memory is either limited or short.
I prescribe you a dose of reality salts or a smell of strong coffee in the morning before you post again promo.