So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Post by kingofthehill »

Conor O’Shea

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The King is dead. Long live the King.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Conor would be an awesome signing ... but he's on a roll in Italy ... he'd hardly leave a job where he actually seems to have some control and power and support form blazers below him and influence and interest over clubs and schools rugby ... to come here!!!!!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Personally I'd ditch Bryn as well for the SDVM and Oh No signings....2 of the worse props I have seen in 50 years.
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

scrum5 wrote:Personally I'd ditch Bryn as well for the SDVM and Oh No signings....2 of the worse props I have seen in 50 years.
scrum... Certainly since the clarification of his own job description he must put his head more on the block than previously.. We have targeted the CiC and Kiss yet Bryn has considerably responsibility and interestingly he is only taking up this organisational strategy role in the coming months... was this previously being done by him unofficially or was it the remit of another?

It appears to me that DHump does the DoR role at Glous with a Head Coach whilst we have a DoR and an Operational Manager as well as a Head Coach. I seem to recall the liar in chief telling us a awhile back that we would be following the type of role at clubs like Glous.

On paper the Colonel is the man in charge with the IRFU yet in reality it seems that Bryn is the man doing all the work in relation to the pro side of the game..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

scrum5 wrote:Personally I'd ditch Bryn as well for the SDVM and Oh No signings....2 of the worse props I have seen in 50 years.
RAY might have been on Rory's recommendation. I'd say Bryn knows feck all about praps. Although I think anyone can see he's a poor standard.

Rory out.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:
RAY might have been on Rory's recommendation. I'd say Bryn knows feck all about praps. Although I think anyone can see he's a poor standard.

Rory out.
then Rory knows feck all about props... two poorer ones it would be hard to find.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:

Rory out.
then Rory knows feck all about props... two poorer ones it would be hard to find.

I'd be prepared to give the RAY signing a pass, if it were an IRFU directive of sorts - he is capped (alongside Rory) so they may have been keen to see if we could make him a player.

the Hond on the other hand...... although it was the DoR who said HE had been impressed by him. If there is any accountability then people need to be accountable for what they say

"Schalk is a talented player who I've been really impressed by - he was the cornerstone of the Lions scrum that dominated for a couple of Super Rugby seasons,"

"In addition to his excellent scrummaging, he will give us some much-needed physicality in the loose, and this will be a major plus for us in the seasons ahead. He has a hard edge and he's determined to work hard to nail down a starting place here at Ulster.

"His arrival will give us much improved depth at loosehead, with Kyle McCall, Andy Warwick and Callum Black also on the books. As we've seen this season, injuries, particularly in the front row, mean that at times we're required to delve deep into our pool of resources.

"With the impending arrivals of Arno Botha and Schalk, the return to fitness of Marcell Coetzee, and the ongoing development of Academy players like Ross Kane, Aaron Hall, Tommy O'Hagan and Marcus Rea, we will have a much stronger roster of forwards to select from next season."
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Cockatrice wrote:
scrum... Certainly since the clarification of his own job description he must put his head more on the block than previously.. We have targeted the CiC and Kiss yet Bryn has considerably responsibility and interestingly he is only taking up this organisational strategy role in the coming months... was this previously being done by him unofficially or was it the remit of another?

It appears to me that DHump does the DoR role at Glous with a Head Coach whilst we have a DoR and an Operational Manager as well as a Head Coach. I seem to recall the liar in chief telling us a awhile back that we would be following the type of role at clubs like Glous.

On paper the Colonel is the man in charge with the IRFU yet in reality it seems that Bryn is the man doing all the work in relation to the pro side of the game..
Just for clarification as I am a total outsider when it comes to the operation of the branch...

I'm not sure I understand how the Ulster branch of the IRFU could ever completely follow the model of Clubs like Gloucester. Does the CiC not also have responsibility for the organization and running of the domestic game across the 9 counties of Ulster - a role which would have no parallel at Gloucester and must surely take up a chunk of his time?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
kingofthehill
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by kingofthehill »

Do you reckon Bryn reads UAFC?

Very timely article based on what is being talked about on the forum.

Bryn maybe getting in there before Kiss and Logan do the same.

Bryn clearly is a smart fella.

The King is dead. Long live the King.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

pwrmoore wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:

Just for clarification as I am a total outsider when it comes to the operation of the branch...

I'm not sure I understand how the Ulster branch of the IRFU could ever completely follow the model of Clubs like Gloucester. Does the CiC not also have responsibility for the organization and running of the domestic game across the 9 counties of Ulster - a role which would have no parallel at Gloucester and must surely take up a chunk of his time?
Paul.... If not mistaken the CiC has three areas of responsibility, excuse me but I would have to dig up the evidence to support this. It was also a news article somewhere in which the CIC suggested following the model at some English clubs Glous being one. However that was the DoR role not that of CEO...
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

kingofthehill wrote:Do you reckon Bryn reads UAFC?

Very timely article based on what is being talked about on the forum.

Bryn maybe getting in there before Kiss and Logan do the same.

Bryn clearly is a smart fella.

crossed my mind bit like Gibbes putting out he was the Forwards Coach..
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ColinM wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:

Rory out.

I'd be prepared to give the RAY signing a pass, if it were an IRFU directive of sorts - he is capped (alongside Rory) so they may have been keen to see if we could make him a player.

the Hond on the other hand...... although it was the DoR who said HE had been impressed by him. If there is any accountability then people need to be accountable for what they say

"Schalk is a talented player who I've been really impressed by - he was the cornerstone of the Lions scrum that dominated for a couple of Super Rugby seasons,"

"In addition to his excellent scrummaging, he will give us some much-needed physicality in the loose, and this will be a major plus for us in the seasons ahead. He has a hard edge and he's determined to work hard to nail down a starting place here at Ulster.

"His arrival will give us much improved depth at loosehead, with Kyle McCall, Andy Warwick and Callum Black also on the books. As we've seen this season, injuries, particularly in the front row, mean that at times we're required to delve deep into our pool of resources.

"With the impending arrivals of Arno Botha and Schalk, the return to fitness of Marcell Coetzee, and the ongoing development of Academy players like Ross Kane, Aaron Hall, Tommy O'Hagan and Marcus Rea, we will have a much stronger roster of forwards to select from next season."
That is typical hyped up UR-PR horsecrap that we have come to expect, sadly.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Dave wrote:
ColinM wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
Dave wrote:

Rory out.

That is typical hyped up UR-PR horsecrap that we have come to expect, sadly.
Certainly is, but Kiss said it. If SVDM was Bryn's man he could easily made that clear in the statement, by saying he had identified the need for a player with all the above attributes and that Bryn had gone out of his way to find one who he looked forward to working with to bring the desired benefits. He didn't so I'm taking from this that Hond is Kiss's man and he can feck off with him as far as I'm concerned
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Why does the radar always escape when the blame is being dispatched to all and sundry?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:Why does the radar always escape when the blame is being dispatched to all and sundry?
That's what happens when you have too many layers to assign full responsibility to one person, it's a bit like civil service chain of command, blame the one below yourself and so on till it gets lost in the system down with some pen pusher then they blame a computer error.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best