So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

shamalicious
Lord Chancellor

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Post by shamalicious »

Inspector Brown wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:That win was in spite of Les

FOLK

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Don't talk tom kite
You can't have it both ways.
It was slightly lucky with the yellow, but credit where it's due to all concerned.
My question is why are we not delivering week in week out? A performance like that just calls into question the attitude for the last month. It could be a momentum changer, but we've seen this kind of thing before.
I'm convinced it's the Champions Cup factor. It may have lost its soul, but it appears to mean a lot to the players and they up the intensity for European rugby.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Nevin Spence 26 April 1990 – 15 September 2012 gone but never forgotten
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Ulster have a long and proud history if winning a fair few of these kinds of games against patently better opposition at Ravers/Kingspan. I think the main reason we don’t see this week in week out is that we simply aren’t good enough to consistently deliver at that level. We can do it as one off.

What concerns me more is why so many of our other performances, particularly away from home, have been shambolic. We should be a lot better than that. Loss of key personnel has something to do with it, but cannot excuse our general defence, set piece, first up tackling and failure to deal with restarts, far too often this season. What’s more, when any of these elements starts to come under pressure it capitulates.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Bart S wrote:Ulster have a long and proud history if winning a fair few of these kinds of games against patently better opposition at Ravers/Kingspan. I think the main reason we don’t see this week in week out is that we simply aren’t good enough to consistently deliver at that level. We can do it as one off.

What concerns me more is why so many of our other performances, particularly away from home, have been shambolic. We should be a lot better than that. Loss of key personnel has something to do with it, but cannot excuse our general defence, set piece, first up tackling and failure to deal with restarts, far too often this season. What’s more, when any of these elements starts to come under pressure it capitulates.
Addressed this point on another thread.
All sides are capable of investing amd peaking emotionally for occasional games but cant raise themselves week in and out.
It doesn't come down to systems and tactics as much as grit amd determination.

Last week La Rochelle would have been 20 up in the first 20 minutes of this game and the match is over.
This week the same players are battling and scrapping to ensure they hang in there so the game didn't get away from them.
Its a mental attitude but you can only play above yourselves for a limited time..
I said to win this game we would need a 20% performance swing.
That's exactly what it was.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Our linespeed is always quicker in the sdc games because the guys are more pumped. FOLK prefers the passive drift. The boys did Les a real favour.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

They did us all a favour.
Its all about backing it up