Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

August 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31

Who is online

In total there are 29 users online :: 5 registered, 1 hidden and 23 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], SemrushBot, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 648254
Total topics 19022
Total members 2919
Our newest member Malone21

So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 2 votes
  

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Russ » Sun Jan 07, 2018 7:38 pm

Liz Fraser wrote:There's a fine line separating success from failure.
Its called the border.
Not many positives about louth let's be honest

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27784
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby rocky » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:16 pm

Liz Fraser wrote:There's a fine line separating success from failure.
Its called the border.

There is no border in Irish rugby Liz.
It didn't take too long for me to reconcile my republican heritage with the diverse political and religious backgrounds of my teammates. There was no border in the Irish dressing room.
Moss Keane
User avatar
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2436
Joined: Fri Jun 17, 2005 9:50 am
Location: Dundonald

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Shan » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:40 pm

Russ wrote:Not many positives about louth let's be honest



Ravishing Rob.
It is a man's own mind, not his enemy or foe, that lures him to evil ways.
User avatar
Shan
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 10676
Images: 5
Joined: Mon Sep 24, 2007 6:55 pm
Location: Limerick

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Dave » Sun Jan 07, 2018 8:45 pm

Shan wrote:
Russ wrote:Not many positives about louth let's be honest



Ravishing Rob.
And dave
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 17011
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Russ » Sun Jan 07, 2018 9:10 pm

John Afoa back playing rugby. Miracle!

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27784
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby jackthelad » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:44 pm

rocky wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:There's a fine line separating success from failure.
Its called the border.

There is no border in Irish rugby Liz.


Except for the player's tax back......
and the free to air coverage of the A.I.s for our Southern brothers while we have to pay Sky.....

and the fact that of the last circa 200 internationals involving all representative sides and levels up to the women's world cup only 3 were this side of the border.

Probably just a coincidence that 180 of them were in Leinster. Nothing to do with the border ...or the fact that there are two countries involved.....Pure even handedness is such a clearly obvious characteristic of the IRFU.

I'm sure denying about one third of the population of the island access to live t.v. and actual live games is just an oversight. No border in Irish rugby. Sure don't we have Ireland's Call? :lol:
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
User avatar
jackthelad
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1487
Joined: Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:34 am
Location: Antrim

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:19 am

jackthelad wrote:
rocky wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:There's a fine line separating success from failure.
Its called the border.

There is no border in Irish rugby Liz.


Except for the player's tax back......
and the free to air coverage of the A.I.s for our Southern brothers while we have to pay Sky.....

and the fact that of the last circa 200 internationals involving all representative sides and levels up to the women's world cup only 3 were this side of the border.

Probably just a coincidence that 180 of them were in Leinster. Nothing to do with the border ...or the fact that there are two countries involved.....Pure even handedness is such a clearly obvious characteristic of the IRFU.

I'm sure denying about one third of the population of the island access to live t.v. and actual live games is just an oversight. No border in Irish rugby. Sure don't we have Ireland's Call? :lol:

What jack said Rocky but I assume you taking the p considering also the preferential treatment other provinces get. from international call ups over the years right up to the forced selling of Ruan.
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Squire
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:32 am

rocky wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:There's a fine line separating success from failure.
Its called the border.

There is no border in Irish rugby Liz.


Not sure I believe that anymore Rocky, I haven't believed that since there was one rule for Nacewa and another for Pienaar. People have attempted to dress that up, indeed some now think they were right because "look how well Cooney is doing". That, of course, is irrelevant. What matters is how future NIQs view a trip to Ireland other than for soft money. Will there ever be another player who buys in so much that he wants to make it his home after what happened to Ruan? I doubt it.

I don't think the FIRFU give a toss about Ulster as long as we aren't a financial liability.
SUPPORT THE TEAM, FU'CK THE REGIME - UNTIL TERRY SHAME SLOGAN IS GASSED

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29249
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby BaggyTrousers » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:34 am

Oi Liz, how do you like your borders, soft as cream cheese or harder than that diamond on your finger?
SUPPORT THE TEAM, FU'CK THE REGIME - UNTIL TERRY SHAME SLOGAN IS GASSED

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29249
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Tender » Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:27 am

Well trimmed..?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2232
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:57 am

No lads my favourite border is the former Aussie cricket captain Alan.
A tenacious and competitive leader, the cricketing paradoxical equivalent to Robbie Diack.
Closely followed by border collies because they are friendly tame and fluffy.
The dog equivalent to Robbie Diack.
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Squire
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby BR » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:48 pm

BaggyTrousers wrote:
rocky wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:There's a fine line separating success from failure.
Its called the border.

There is no border in Irish rugby Liz.


Not sure I believe that anymore Rocky, I haven't believed that since there was one rule for Nacewa and another for Pienaar. People have attempted to dress that up, indeed some now think they were right because "look how well Cooney is doing". That, of course, is irrelevant. What matters is how future NIQs view a trip to Ireland other than for soft money. Will there ever be another player who buys in so much that he wants to make it his home after what happened to Ruan? I doubt it.

I don't think the FIRFU give a toss about Ulster as long as we aren't a financial liability.

IIRC IRFU's official policy is that there is a border and any rugby north of it is still Irish rugby, but it is no longer Ireland.
No more sweet talk from the hypocrites
www.stoutboys.co.uk
User avatar
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 16879
Images: 3
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2005 11:12 am
Location: On a roll.

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Russ » Mon Jan 08, 2018 12:51 pm

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
rocky wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:There's a fine line separating success from failure.
Its called the border.

There is no border in Irish rugby Liz.


Not sure I believe that anymore Rocky, I haven't believed that since there was one rule for Nacewa and another for Pienaar. People have attempted to dress that up, indeed some now think they were right because "look how well Cooney is doing". That, of course, is irrelevant. What matters is how future NIQs view a trip to Ireland other than for soft money. Will there ever be another player who buys in so much that he wants to make it his home after what happened to Ruan? I doubt it.

I don't think the FIRFU give a toss about Ulster as long as we aren't a financial liability.

IIRC IRFU's official policy is that there is a border and any rugby north of it is still Irish rugby, but it is no longer Ireland.
Hopefully someone has aleryed Mcelduff

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 27784
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby promenader 2 » Mon Jan 08, 2018 1:44 pm

Liz Fraser wrote:
jackthelad wrote:
rocky wrote:
Liz Fraser wrote:There's a fine line separating success from failure.
Its called the border.

There is no border in Irish rugby Liz.


Except for the player's tax back......
and the free to air coverage of the A.I.s for our Southern brothers while we have to pay Sky.....

and the fact that of the last circa 200 internationals involving all representative sides and levels up to the women's world cup only 3 were this side of the border.

Probably just a coincidence that 180 of them were in Leinster. Nothing to do with the border ...or the fact that there are two countries involved.....Pure even handedness is such a clearly obvious characteristic of the IRFU.

I'm sure denying about one third of the population of the island access to live t.v. and actual live games is just an oversight. No border in Irish rugby. Sure don't we have Ireland's Call? :lol:

What jack said Rocky but I assume you taking the p considering also the preferential treatment other provinces get. from international call ups over the years right up to the forced selling of Ruan.

Wise up. Look at our record in the last 15 years compared to the other provinces. Why wouldn't the multiple European Cup winners of Leinster and Munster have more players in the Irish squad than us? The westies have even won a league title in that period. It's also true that since our only European success, it's been increasingly the case that our stand out players in any given season have been non IQs. When local talent has raised its head, it has generally been part of the team or the squad, even captaining the side in recent years. The notion that professional coaches with careers to further and reputations to enhance would overlook players who could help them achieve their goals simply because they're from Ulster is just so much self-pitying nonsense.
User avatar
promenader 2
Novice
 
Posts: 186
Images: 1
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 12:33 pm

Re: So say the 'noise' gets too loud .... and he goes ....

Postby Liz Fraser » Mon Jan 08, 2018 3:04 pm

You even highlighted the term OVER THE YEARS a clear reference not to recent times.
Or else I would have said in recent times.
However Girvan Dempsey selected on wing over Tommy Bowe.
Madigan over Jackson in the World Cup.
Earls over Cave in the centre.
The treatment of Neil Best jettisoned from the squad without a second chance despite being our player of the autumn internationals.
Just off the top of my unwise head.

Ignoring of players from North of the border in our 10 year dominance of the interpros despite the international sides underperformance still jars and was the main reason for my comment.
Even David Irwin announced "Maybe the Irish selectors will look North of the border for a change", on the Ravenhill steps after our umpteenth successive win.

The fact that Leinster and Munster have won European Cups in recent years doesn't add weight to your argument.
It just makes their bias easier and convenient as it's justified.
I wouldn't be stupid enough to suggest any of our lot not currently imvolved should be selected right now.
Only a madman would.

Interesting though that year we won the European cup without any NIQS we had just 5 out of 25 players in the 5 nations squad and we finished joint bottom.

Connacht can have similar gripes btw.
Your memory is either limited or short.
I prescribe you a dose of reality salts or a smell of strong coffee in the morning before you post again promo.
User avatar
Liz Fraser
Squire
 
Posts: 624
Joined: Thu Nov 23, 2017 11:52 pm

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, YandexBot and 12 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->