Papering over cracks, Daves and Caves....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Papering over cracks, Daves and Caves....

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:Yip I doubt we'll see him again unless there is another bout of flu ...

Imagine the nerve of a 13 playing 13 and managing to keep Big Stu in the right place ... what was he thinking ... and then the audacity to shout to the crowd after he scored and then set up Gillers with a touch of genius ...

Bang out of order ... he even did a lap at the end and waved to us and signed autographs with the fans, frig me imagine that a player interacting with the fans ... disgusting ... many of whom must have been on the píss take, cos they all started telling him he played well at 13 ... that must have hurt.
Well he obviously missed the post match review.

Drop him.

He was keeping Lyttle outside him in position throughout the first half too. You wonder what the hell Kiss is thinking at times.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Kiss thinks????????
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Yes..just like Trump.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

After that performance by Cave last night any sensible coach would be starting him in the next 3 matches, problem is we don't have a sensible coach
1 try and set up a second try is not a bad stat
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

You are wrong Rooster - I read Rum's critique of the game and have decided Cave was indeed pants ... The powerhouse was McCloskey playing 12 and kept from bolting the line by Cave who was merely 'reasonable'.

What feckin chance do we have when we've fans as braindead as Kiss!!!!!!!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

OK then back to Bowe in centre next week and toss a coin just before the match for Bowe or Ludik for the Supa Dupa matches.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Are we targeting next week?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

If that was the response to Christmas Eve's demolishing that Kiss demanded and believes he got then he is indeed fit for Purdysburn (that might be above his head)... lets set aside the second half for now.

We started poorly against a second string team who with two extra players in Peter and CJ would have had us dead and buried before the 40 was out. A big loss for Munster was Holland nothing special but probably what they needed for later in the game.

We were by and large still dysfunctional in that first 40 and there only looked one winner yet I predicted an Ulster win because I thought the response would see us through however there was none. We had two props that cant do the basic job required from them to stand up in a scrum and to lift in the line out anything else might be a bonus.

Things changes in small part due to two changes and as stated elsewhere earlier than usually expected. I actually though not taking the penalty before half-time and again after was stupid. It would have giving us something on the scoreboard going in and the second three points would have drawn us closer...

Hindsight is a wonderful thing but for the yellow and then the red I don't think we would have got much further... but credit to the players because once they senses blood they went of it and got it...

In the case of Cave isn't it lucky that but for our huge injury list of 13 options we had to pluck him out of his doughnut shop during the afternoon and tell him to get ready.. for if anyone else was fit I have a feeling that diick-brain Kiss would have selected them. I was told that Ludik already had the flu so why even consider playing a player functioning well below 100% in the first instance and this decision was last minute.

Anyway credit to Cave for I don't consider him our best 13 if all are fit and well but during the current crisis the only reason he is being tom kite upon can only be personal and as Kiss has now said at two interviews it isn't about him its about the team. So did he turn it around at half-time or did the players themselves smell blood and take the chance to play different in the second half. Whatever all done we won a game that I for one seen us winning from last week.

Just one final word for the astute Ian Hump.. reviewing his commentary he on several occasions said he seen absolutely nothing wrong with Arnolds tackle on Christian.. further emphisising that he hit him low and slid up... word to Ian wise up and learn to analysis the game properly.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

37 scored against us thus far...
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Unfortunately the result only papers over the cracks and those singing Caves praises forget he played against Connaught .

The inabilities of defence inside the 22 are still present .
Similarly the inexpérience of the back row is and will exploitable by any side willing to put the ball wide along the backs or run it down the team lines and one change in the backline won’t make a difference .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I didn't forget Cave played against Connacht ... did any of the rest of you???? Own up who is the poster suffering from amnesia ... seems this balloon is determined to start 2018 with the same quality of guff as he crashed and burned with in 2017 ...
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Who's Cave?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

He's the one who you forgot played against Connacht ...
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

What's a Connacht?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

They are the ones you forgot we were playing against when you forgot that Cave was playing.