Papering over cracks, Daves and Caves....

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Papering over cracks, Daves and Caves....

Post by big mervyn »

boringperson12 wrote:McCall going off helped as well. John Ryan destroyed him, splitting him and Herron with ease. He had no answer.
Definitely a mistake starting Brett at 2
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Inspector Brown wrote:
Dave wrote:McCall looked like a 6th former. We have major issues at loosehead prop.
McCall needs time to get back into form. Ah You was simply tom kite again.
I hope renewed form gives him some extra power in the engine room.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

McCall should have played a club match before getting chucked straight back in
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:McCall should have played a club match before getting chucked straight back in
It's something a rugby league winger would do...
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

Post by Wee Woman »

Jackie Brown wrote:Hopefully we'll see McCloskey and Cave v Leinster. I know we are on for a hiding but continuity is important.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
But, but playing 2 guys regularly in the centre together, don't they get tired and injured more easily???

I'm confused Image

Seriously though, it was great seeing some passion from Cave tonight, I hope FOLK enjoyed it too.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cave slapping his badge to the crowd had me going

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

The Good, the Bad & the Ugly.

I've just finished watching the second half, doubt I will ever watch the first half, it was dreadful muck. 2 Props & no 8 none of whom had played in 2 months, the props were decimated in all respects, they were not lifting at the lineout, our jumpers were not getting up at all, they were a waste of a jumper. Deysel tried to put himself about but not to much effect.

Black & Herbst were a call that needed to be made and halftime was a lot quicker than we have seen guys taken off when things have been pearshaped before to fair play to the coaches. Mattie Rea tonight showed why some have been talking him up, he made a huge difference & he & Jones started hovering lineout ball including a great take on their throw just before the first try. I am really warming to Timoney too, does a lot of work and hits above his weight.

Cooney is getting to the stage where when he plays well, it's almost just expected, he has a great bot of fight to him.

Gilroy did brilliantly for both tries but special mention to two players, Cave was superb, let's hope FOLK now understands what a class 13 looks like. My man of the match would have been Leali'ifano, I've been lukewarm on him as a 10 but tonight he showed what a fighter he is, cancer had no chance. Four times he was absolutely taken out. Anyone thinking Arnold was hard done by for the red needs to watch what happened about a minute before, Arnold again hit him late & high after a kick through. Christian looked a beaten docket 3/4 times with some dubious hitting but he had a heart like a lion, outstanding performance.

I have to say that second half was fantastic, what is it that we expect from Ulster? For me, if they fight the bit out and do themselves justice I can accept when they lose to a better team, but too many performances have been insipid, lacking in the heart & fight we expect. The second forty may well cover some cracks but that was a joy to behold, the fight, the heart and will to get back in the match. I can't remember when they last came back from as many points down to win so feck it, I enjoyed the win immensely................ but at the end of it all, we just beat a team we should have beaten, eh Shan? :D
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Can’t ever remember being disappointed in diddies, but he wasn’t at the races last night. Rod Ah-Feck was even worse. I’m hoping he hasn’t been offered another contract and we can wave cheerio to this bluffer at the end of this season.
How the Tinkerman can claim he got the necessary reaction to the Connaught tanking, is something I’d love our journos to ask him about. We played worse in that first half, than we did against the westies.
With 15 v 15 we were never winning that game. FIFTY EIGHT ...58 feckin minutes before we scored...AT HOME AGAINST MUNSTER’S SECONDS.
How is that the necessary reaction to a totally embarrassing slaughtering?
Are we to simply forget that first half performance? Kiss has.
We got a massive stroke of luck with Munster quite rightly going down to 14 (13), but even with the man down we found ourselves defending our try line.
The comeback win was brilliant and given the first half I don’t think even the bakebookers would have predicted it.
Great to bate the Munters, but the tissue paper is wet and it won’t hold.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

Pretty much sums things up Tender. Wonderful entertainment and I thoroughly enjoyed the 2nd half but unfortunately you have to take account that we were at home V 13 men at one stage. Cooney has done really well from what I have seen of him this season - does that vindicate the decision to get rid of Ruan? Leinster is going to be a tough game...
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Kabbadi's first touch was simply awesome ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Russ wrote:Cave slapping his badge to the crowd had me going

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
He will probably get dropped due to being too over enthusiastic
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Deysel doesn't do 'badge slapping'
He'd break something.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Yip I doubt we'll see him again unless there is another bout of flu ...

Imagine the nerve of a 13 playing 13 and managing to keep Big Stu in the right place ... what was he thinking ... and then the audacity to shout to the crowd after he scored and then set up Gillers with a touch of genius ...

Bang out of order ... he even did a lap at the end and waved to us and signed autographs with the fans, frig me imagine that a player interacting with the fans ... disgusting ... many of whom must have been on the píss take, cos they all started telling him he played well at 13 ... that must have hurt.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

FOLK
Last edited by Dave on Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.