Last KISSMAS

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Liz Fraser
Squire

Re: Last KISSMAS

Post by Liz Fraser »

Im looking at all these posts and I realise the whole set up has been put place so no one is wholly responsible for anything and therefore no one is fully culpable.
Therefore noone and everyone is to blame.
Compared to Saracens for example where the head coach small man takes it all on the chin whatever.
By contrast we are a miss mash of average daves from the top of the IRFU to the bottom rung.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Liz Fraser wrote:Im looking at all these posts and I realise the whole set up has been put place so no one is wholly responsible for anything and therefore no one is fully culpable.
Therefore noone and everyone is to blame.
Compared to Saracens for example where the head coach small man takes it all on the chin whatever.
By contrast we are a miss mash of average daves from the top of the IRFU to the bottom rung.
This. Absolutely this. Sums up the whole thing really. It's all about shifting the blame. I'm sure Les feels really sorry for the players this week.

I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

breakdown wrote:If rumour is believed he was given the title “head coach” to get him out of his Clermont contract, whether he genuinely thought that’s what he was going to do is another question

As for your question Baggy i’ve caught snippets of Kiss’ role from various people around the place, though how true it is I don’t know. The one A game i went to in the past while I seen him at so I not sure if he’s a regular at those. Anyway, from what I understand is that he has some role in player negotiation but most of that is down to Bryn, in terms of coaching the final say in tactics/selection is down to him, which I don’t get, as being an “overall coach” who doesnt seemingly work with any one group of players (forwards/backs) how he knows who is best at what

Take the above with a pinch of salt, don’t shoot the messenger etc but what I know (and most of the board know) is that he is an attrocious man manager and communicator. He’s not the most popular man from those i’ve spoken to. Again not sure of the credibility of it but apparently his previous coaching team was quite glad to get rid of him, take of that what you will

What you are describing is what my feeling has been about what he does is. I suspect that in addition to what you describe you could add in a good measure of interfering with what the coaching coaches are doing. After all, we got a distinct impression last year that he basically sidelined Doak early in the season & Clarke not long after Christmas.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
breakdown wrote:If rumour is believed he was given the title “head coach” to get him out of his Clermont contract, whether he genuinely thought that’s what he was going to do is another question

As for your question Baggy i’ve caught snippets of Kiss’ role from various people around the place, though how true it is I don’t know. The one A game i went to in the past while I seen him at so I not sure if he’s a regular at those. Anyway, from what I understand is that he has some role in player negotiation but most of that is down to Bryn, in terms of coaching the final say in tactics/selection is down to him, which I don’t get, as being an “overall coach” who doesnt seemingly work with any one group of players (forwards/backs) how he knows who is best at what

Take the above with a pinch of salt, don’t shoot the messenger etc but what I know (and most of the board know) is that he is an attrocious man manager and communicator. He’s not the most popular man from those i’ve spoken to. Again not sure of the credibility of it but apparently his previous coaching team was quite glad to get rid of him, take of that what you will

What you are describing is what my feeling has been about what he does is. I suspect that in addition to what you describe you could add in a good measure of interfering with what the coaching coaches are doing. After all, we got a distinct impression last year that he basically sidelined Doak early in the season & Clarke not long after Christmas.
The Head Coach title was required to get him out of his Clermont contract although like baggy I still wonder what if anything he was promised on the QT to take him away from a top job at a top side..

I also feel that when he called himself the Forwards Coach during a BBC interview he was sending a signal out there for future reference come the time the shyte hits the fan..

Is Kiss the defence coach? well notwithstanding it being his area of expertise maybe the podcast lads could ask that specific question of UR come the New Year as it must be over 140 points now in the last four games.. I suspect the answer will be a wish wash of ramble that everyone is doing this and that and that Kiss dabbles here and there but also that the players must take some responsibly with some blame also lying at their school coaching for not teaching them the basis back in the day... COLLECTIVE responsibility means its their fault not mine.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Do we miss Codling or Barakat more?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Dinger
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

Russ wrote:Do we miss Codling or Barakat more?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

It was pointed out to me that in the first 12 months of Barakat's time in Ulster we conceded 29 tries in all competitive games, in the 12 months since Barakat left we have conceded 74 tries in competitive games.
Someone may prove this stat wrong, happy to be corrected.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Having just watched the Munster Leinster game.....if I was LK I’d be hoping to hell for an Ebola outbreak in Limerick and Dublin this week. Both packs (reserve or otherwise) are better than ours, and god help the famed LK UR defence against either back line.....add another 4/5 tries to the tally unless Munster send up their U12s....and starting praying for the trip to Leinster. LK is sure to be working on his cliche soundbites as we speak.
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

Russ, Dave, I'd take Dinger, Bakarat and Codling back in an instant. Would love to have seen what Codling would've made if some if the academy kids without interference.
Doubt Dinger would come back, that ships sailed, and Glaws are going better these days.
Burt was a goodun we didn't recognise til he was gone.
What's the common denominator?
Exterminate all rational thought
CIMANFOREVER
Lord Chancellor

Post by CIMANFOREVER »

DHarper, agreed. A hard rains gonna fall. Kiss clock on countdown? Every cloud eh?
Exterminate all rational thought
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Barakat was Kiss' man though, and left when he was offered a more senior position elsewhere.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

therealspratt wrote:Barakat was Kiss' man though, and left when he was offered a more senior position elsewhere.
Or did he see what was ahead ?
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I wonder how many other clubs faced with a key local derby would allow their Head Coach to travel home and miss the match albeit 2 days before Christmas... where is home btw? Even if back after Xmas only a few days to sort out a pathetic forward performance for another key derby..
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Dharper wrote:Having just watched the Munster Leinster game.....if I was LK I’d be hoping to hell for an Ebola outbreak in Limerick and Dublin this week. Both packs (reserve or otherwise) are better than ours, and god help the famed LK UR defence against either back line.....add another 4/5 tries to the tally unless Munster send up their U12s....and starting praying for the trip to Leinster. LK is sure to be working on his cliche soundbites as we speak.
Agreed.
The intensity of that game was a level we haven't played near.
They shipped tries but that was a credit for the most part to the attacks which earned them rather than a defence which gave them away.
Backs wise we have the edge over Munster but I sense we need the pack to find at least an extra 10% in their performance to get competitive enough to give them the ball.

The Leinster game right now I just can't see how we can live with them regardless.
Don't think I've ever approached a domestic fixture with as little optimism.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

therealspratt wrote:Barakat was Kiss' man though, and left when he was offered a more senior position elsewhere.
If not mistaken currently forwards coach yet when here was his position not defence coach in the contact or something similarly confusing..