Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

November 2018

S M T W T F S
1 2 3
4 5 6 7 8 9 10
11 12 13 14 15 16 17
18 19 20 21 22 23 24
25 26 27 28 29 30

Who is online

In total there are 12 users online :: 5 registered, 0 hidden and 7 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], Majestic-12 [Bot], SemrushBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 655785
Total topics 19101
Total members 2927
Our newest member Bullneck

Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 3 votes
  

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby Rooster » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:37 pm

Bart S wrote:So what do people make of Darren’s comments? Has he been bought off with the promise of more gametime? :stir

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 35581.html

Perhaps a few individuals didn't stick to the game plan early on
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39807
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby Bart S » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:45 pm

Rooster wrote:
Bart S wrote:So what do people make of Darren’s comments? Has he been bought off with the promise of more gametime? :stir

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 35581.html

Perhaps a few individuals didn't stick to the game plan early on


You mean Clive Ross for example...
User avatar
Bart S
Chancellor to the King
 
Posts: 3184
Joined: Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:48 am

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:47 pm

"We'll go through the process and make sure we get the right lessons from it."
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby Rooster » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:47 pm

Bart S wrote:
Rooster wrote:
Bart S wrote:So what do people make of Darren’s comments? Has he been bought off with the promise of more gametime? :stir

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 35581.html

Perhaps a few individuals didn't stick to the game plan early on


You mean Clive Ross for example...

You would need to know the game plan before you could make assumptions on who was guilty
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39807
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby Rooster » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:49 pm

Defence though is their biggest problem and the so called defence guru has not sorted it out for whatever reason
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39807
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby Rooster » Tue Dec 26, 2017 7:51 pm

I would love to know why Barakat left as our defence and attack had both started to function pretty well until the time he was announced as going.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39807
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby Gerald the Mole » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:02 pm

Rooster wrote:I would love to know why Barakat left as our defence and attack had both started to function pretty well until the time he was announced as going.


Simple, he knew it was a bullshit setup with Clarke and Doak
User avatar
Gerald the Mole
Warrior
 
Posts: 1023
Joined: Fri Oct 10, 2014 9:44 am

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby justinr73 » Tue Dec 26, 2017 9:30 pm

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
justinr73 wrote:Ulster fans aren't any different to any other set of fans.

I wonder how many have turned up to watch North End since we were last at football's top table in 1961?

I reckon I've been to 96 different grounds to follow the lads but I would have quite fancied a world class player to have turned out for us for a couple of years.

Tom Finney?
Archie Gemmill?

A few players of yours did rather better at managing than playing if IIRC?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think most if not all of these played for PNE at some stage:
Bill Shankly?
Frank O'Farrel?
Howard Kendall?
Tommy Doherty?

Didn't Sir bobby manage them too, - a definite world class player .... unfortunately no longer playing and a pretty crap manager by the time he went to Deepdale.

BTW, I offer no apologies for keeping this off topic. The real topic needs to be wiped from the memory of every Ulster supporter, and remembered only by those involved as a lesson never to be repeated.


All correct Cap'n.

Sir Tom retired the year we went down.

Sir Bobby played a bit but obviously well past his best by then by all accounts.

We had Beckham on loan for 5 games when he was still went behind his ears.

Produced the odd decent player such as Lawro, Alan Kelly Jnr and Kevin Kilbane who all ended up playing for Ireland.

It isn't CP that's the luxury, it's guaranteed top flight and European competition.
User avatar
justinr73
Warrior Assassin
 
Posts: 1494
Joined: Thu Aug 07, 2014 1:14 pm

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby Cap'n Grumpy » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:54 am

justinr73 wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
justinr73 wrote:Ulster fans aren't any different to any other set of fans.

I wonder how many have turned up to watch North End since we were last at football's top table in 1961?

I reckon I've been to 96 different grounds to follow the lads but I would have quite fancied a world class player to have turned out for us for a couple of years.

Tom Finney?
Archie Gemmill?

A few players of yours did rather better at managing than playing if IIRC?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think most if not all of these played for PNE at some stage:
Bill Shankly?
Frank O'Farrel?
Howard Kendall?
Tommy Doherty?

Didn't Sir bobby manage them too, - a definite world class player .... unfortunately no longer playing and a pretty crap manager by the time he went to Deepdale.

BTW, I offer no apologies for keeping this off topic. The real topic needs to be wiped from the memory of every Ulster supporter, and remembered only by those involved as a lesson never to be repeated.


All correct Cap'n.

Sir Tom retired the year we went down.

Sir Bobby played a bit but obviously well past his best by then by all accounts.

We had Beckham on loan for 5 games when he was still went behind his ears.

Produced the odd decent player such as Lawro, Alan Kelly Jnr and Kevin Kilbane who all ended up playing for Ireland.

It isn't CP that's the luxury, it's guaranteed top flight and European competition.

Didn't know Sir Bobby played for yousuns, my memory was that he only (mis)managed. :oops:

Was also unaware of Becks and the Irish boys .... should have used Wiki and I might have produced a more comprehensive list. :stir:

PNE have a proud history - the problem being that it is mostly just that ... (past) history!

Now, are we still discussing that debacle last Saturday night? :banghead:
No plan survives the first contact with the enemy!
User avatar
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 13032
Joined: Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:21 pm
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby Tender » Wed Dec 27, 2017 8:59 am

The debacle on Saturday was always gonna happen. The press article is only reiterating what we’ve been saying all season.
Mr Kiss hopes our next performance will be ‘A little better’! Holygoodmotheroffeck, shoot for the stars there Les.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
User avatar
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador
 
Posts: 2494
Joined: Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:23 pm
Location: Not Spain

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Dec 27, 2017 9:28 am

Furthermore, folk (not FOLK) should realise that FOLK is attempting to pass that off as the worst performance during his time, an aberration, something from which to move on from.

We know differently, of course, it was one of many cataclysmic shambles, certainly no worse as a performance than Embra last season. The truth is that it was a commonly horrendous performance with only the quality of opposition determining the depth of the loss.

Indeed some of our wins have not been that much of a step up from the performance aspect.

It is more honest and realistic to say it was entirely in keeping with a welter of poor performances and that what is more out of keeping is a couple of decent performances this season. The way Ulster has played meant that a good kicking on the scoreboard was inevitable.

When looking for answers ask the obvious question, why are we conceding more tries than ever before? Take it from there.

In the league last year we conceded a "personal worst" 47 tries in 22 games, our worst ever. After 11 games we have conceded 34, I'd guess that after 13 games we could well be at or over the 40 mark.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29914
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby Dave » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:14 am

Tender wrote:The debacle on Saturday was always gonna happen. The press article is only reiterating what we’ve been saying all season.
Mr Kiss hopes our next performance will be ‘A little better’! Holygoodmotheroffeck, shoot for the stars there Les.
Yes exactly it was plain to see that we had a hammering coming. Take for example the performance against Quinns at home. A certain photographer came on here saying 'can you not just be happy with the win?'

Well no, because defend like that against a decent side and you will get humped.

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18201
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby Russ » Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:49 am

Dave wrote:
Tender wrote:The debacle on Saturday was always gonna happen. The press article is only reiterating what we’ve been saying all season.
Mr Kiss hopes our next performance will be ‘A little better’! Holygoodmotheroffeck, shoot for the stars there Les.
Yes exactly it was plain to see that we had a hammering coming. Take for example the performance against Quinns at home. A certain photographer came on here saying 'can you not just be happy with the win?'

Well no, because defend like that against a decent side and you will get humped.

FOLK
UR jobs for the boys.
Wonder if other photographers are allowed

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28171
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby BaggyTrousers » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:22 pm

Bart S wrote:So what do people make of Darren’s comments? Has he been bought off with the promise of more gametime? :stir

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 35581.html



The plan apparently was not to kick the ball away to Connacht was that is where they create mayhem, reasonable plan except Stockcube and Louis did so twice in the first handful of minutes and Ulster were 12-0 down and good night Irene.

Is that why we lost is another question, but no they didn’t follow FOLK’s orders.
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 29914
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Postby Inspector Brown » Wed Dec 27, 2017 12:41 pm

Rooster wrote:I would love to know why Barakat left as our defence and attack had both started to function pretty well until the time he was announced as going.

Barakat hated the confrontational culture of the coaching team, or so I was told.
User avatar
Inspector Brown
Novice
 
Posts: 35
Joined: Sat Dec 02, 2017 10:42 pm

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: AhrefsBot, Majestic-12 [Bot] and 2 guests

Recent Forum Topics

cron
!-- Piwik -->