Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Connacht v Ulster Sat 23rd Dec 7:35pm KO BBC2/TG4

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Bart S wrote:So what do people make of Darren’s comments? Has he been bought off with the promise of more gametime? :stir

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/spor ... 35581.html

The plan apparently was not to kick the ball away to Connacht was that is where they create mayhem, reasonable plan except Stockcube and Louis did so twice in the first handful of minutes and Ulster were 12-0 down and good night Irene.

Is that why we lost is another question, but no they didn’t follow FOLK’s orders.
The fact that FOLK believed that he could conceive a plan with that selection to defeat a 1st choice Connacht side in Galway, demonstrates how deluded he is. I dread to think about the team he might select for Munster.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Remember gushers comments describing the Stockdale kick as t"hat's a clever kick" when it immediately landed into the oppositons hands with an open fields he changed to actually "it's not so clever".
That led to the first try from memory.
A more experienced player doesn't allow that to effect him but Stockdale didn't kick much after that as he was doing switches in our 22 instead of clearing their lines.
You could almost hear him saying I'm not doing that again.

My problem if the instruction from Kiss was not to kick is that it's not allowing for heads up rugby.
Yes sure common sense dictates you hang onto the ball into a wind but Leinster still kicked into a strong wind yesterday, box kicking from 9 not further back from 10.
All kicks were with a view to get the ball back further up the pitch.
That was after they were pinned with no momentum and holding the ball longer would have been to their detriment

Don't think you should plan not to kick the ball but alternatively prepare to kick with purpose and with planned intelligence.
Another difference in our set ups.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Liz Fraser wrote:Remember gushers comments describing the Stockdale kick as t"hat's a clever kick" when it immediately landed into the oppositons hands with an open fields he changed to actually "it's not so clever".
That led to the first try from memory.
A more experienced player doesn't allow that to effect him but Stockdale didn't kick much after that as he was doing switches in our 22 instead of clearing their lines.
You could almost hear him saying I'm not doing that again.

My problem if the instruction from Kiss was not to kick is that it's not allowing for heads up rugby.
Yes sure common sense dictates you hang onto the ball into a wind but Leinster still kicked into a strong wind yesterday, box kicking from 9 not further back from 10.
All kicks were with a view to get the ball back further up the pitch.
That was after they were pinned with no momentum and holding the ball longer would have been to their detriment

Don't think you should plan not to kick the ball but alternatively prepare to kick with purpose and with planned intelligence.
Another difference in our set ups.
True Liz but it makes less sense when you have the howling Connacht gale behind them in the first half. The problem was not kicking, but kicking badly.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Cave only repeated what I said 12 points down before 12 minutes into the game playing with the wind away from home it's game over .

Baggy the clown shoes don't fit I wasn't talking about tackle count - the number made depends on time place and technique - right place right time it's your tackle . No my point is about spirit and effort and getting back to defend when needed . And a comparison of Cave to Stockdale and Gilroy when chasing what seem like lost causes . Reluctance or inability is a sign of players in decline to call it experience is an unwillingness to face the effects of age and injury .

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

John Muldoon
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Gilroy should have been on the lions tour.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:Cave only repeated what I said 12 points down before 12 minutes into the game playing with the wind away from home it's game over .

Baggy the clown shoes don't fit I wasn't talking about tackle count - the number made depends on time place and technique - right place right time it's your tackle . No my point is about spirit and effort and getting back to defend when needed . And a comparison of Cave to Stockdale and Gilroy when chasing what seem like lost causes . Reluctance or inability is a sign of players in decline to call it experience is an unwillingness to face the effects of age and injury .

Jesus Ron but you’re one madbastard. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

PNE drew away at Barnsley on Boxing Day.

One point gained, or two points dropped?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Two points dropped and hopefully it causes more discomfort to Healy as one of his old Club's fails to win . The Killyleagh Bluedog isn't having his best Christmas.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

not mad--- persistent .

Problem I have with players who don't chase a lost cause while others do - sometimes the cause is not lost initially - only to fail because the tackler lacks support from his team mates who have pulled up .

Pull up once and you'll do it again!!Its Heart and Commitment and the lack of it when defending is a bigger failing than failure to be a ball carrier or the occasional dropped pass .

Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

rumncoke wrote:Cave only repeated what I said 12 points down before 12 minutes into the game playing with the wind away from home it's game over .

I know how Gilroy and Stockdale feel then as a supporter of Ulster I have been following no bigger lost cause for the past few years..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cave is smart. By not chasing a lost cause you are conserving energy.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Dave....DAVE... don’t get dragged in. You’re smarter than that. Think of the children.

There’s some green triangles left in the Quality Street. Life is good .
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

All my green triangles are gone..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Tender wrote:Dave....DAVE... don’t get dragged in. You’re smarter than that. Think of the children.

There’s some green triangles left in the Quality Street. Life is good .
Why the feck do they put green triangles in Quality Street
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best