Friday Night is Quiz Night

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Friday Night is Quiz Night

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Question 1

YOU:

- have a scrum that gets stuffed
- have a lineout that misfires repeatedly
- have no idea how to deal with restarts
- have a leaking defence
- make error after error, after error

But you score 52 points, HOW ??????????

ANSWER: You play the worst professional team to appear at Spanners since the Border Reivers folded. Aironi were better than Hairyquims

Q2

KYLE SINCLAIR

Does his status as a British Lion devalue the name?

Answer: who gives a tankerswank?

Q3

MIKE BROWN

Did he enjoy his welcome?

Answer: Who fu'cking cares.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Re: Friday Night is Quiz Night

Post by big mervyn »

Did enjoy Brown coming on to that after sitting on his hole for 75 mins :lol: Was it his f*ck up that led to the final try?
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

big mervyn wrote:Did enjoy Brown coming on to that after sitting on his hole for 75 mins :lol: Was it his f*ck up that led to the final try?
Actually acknowledged on the official UR match report:

There was even time for pantomime villain Mike Brown to come on as replacement and throw a forward pass deep in his own '22', from which replacement Trimble gladly gobbled up try number six off the back of a well-worked scrum.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

big mervyn wrote:
big mervyn wrote:Did enjoy Brown coming on to that after sitting on his hole for 75 mins :lol: Was it his f*ck up that led to the final try?

There was even time for pantomime villain Mike Brown to come on as replacement and throw a forward pass deep in his own '22', from which replacement Trimble gladly gobbled up try number six off the back of a well-worked scrum.
I thought KS stepped into the role pretty well for the first hour, although his riposte to the crowd wasn't the most imaginative and certainly more of a single entendre than a double one.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

justinr73 wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

I thought KS stepped into the role pretty well for the first hour, although his riposte to the crowd wasn't the most imaginative and certainly more of a single entendre than a double one.
I predicted that card at HT.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
justinr73 wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

That card was a win for the crowd, they clearly got into his head & he was a chube waiting to sacrifice himself to a moment of villainy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brown, on the other hand, seemed to enjoy his role initially but I think it wore a bit thin on him, then he coughs up the final try.

Incidentally, got to love UR's "off the back of a well-worked scrum" the scrum was smashed but Reidy, I assume, did incredibly well to clear it whilst in reverse.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
justinr73 wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

That card was a win for the crowd, they clearly got into his head & he was a chube waiting to sacrifice himself to a moment of villainy. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Brown, on the other hand, seemed to enjoy his role initially but I think it wore a bit thin on him, then he coughs up the final try.

Incidentally, got to love UR's "off the back of a well-worked scrum" the scrum was smashed but Reidy, I assume, did incredibly well to clear it whilst in reverse.

baggy... that scrum was going backwards in double quick time.. well done to Reidy.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Inspector Brown
Novice

Post by Inspector Brown »

big mervyn wrote:

Brown didn't throw the pass it was the 15. Brown knocked on the forward pass.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Well pointed out Lionel. The fullback has clearly modelled himself on his hero, Brown the despicable, he could have a career as a lookilikey.
GLENN CORNICK
Squire

Post by GLENN CORNICK »

Sinkler won the Justin Marshall Memorial Trophy for Crowd Rapport.
Beware PC Filth of the Thought Police.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Stinkler probably took exception to someone in the crowd shouting encouragement to our scrum half...
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

Deraless wrote:Stinkler probably took exception to someone in the crowd shouting encouragement to our scrum half...
Very good >clapping

Young Cooney must have been well pleased with the Roooo-an style tribute when he came off.

Decent players either ignore the barracking or respond with a bit of humour. Seen Quinnell, Castro, Parra all do that to good effect at Ravers. Even Ashton tends to take it on the chin and has even said nice things about us.
Big Neville Southall
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

GLENN CORNICK wrote:Sinkler won the Justin Marshall Memorial Trophy for Crowd Rapport.

Justin Marshall. What sweet memories.
Last edited by mid ulster maestro on Sat Dec 16, 2017 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

In fairness to sinks he did applaud the terrace on the lap of dishonour. Maybe sitting on the bench for the last 20 calmed him down a little.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by big mervyn »

jean valjean wrote:In fairness to sinks he did applaud the terrace on the lap of dishonour. Maybe sitting on the bench for the last 20 calmed him down a little.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Somebody probably had a word.
Big Neville Southall