Ulster v Hairyqueens

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster v Hairyqueens

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:More worried about conditions of the roads around the pitch

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There are no roads around the pitch, there are terraces, promenades and Stan's.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:Rooster ...... said as much last week when they posted a picture of it covered in snow. See the stipulation is that a game must be replayed within 24 hrs can I assume that wasn’t a rule in the Pro12 when we cancelled against the Italians?
Cockers, I hate to split hairs but the rule in the SDC is actually, that the replay will be...........no earlier than 48 hours after kick-off of the abandoned match (unless both clubs and EPCR agree otherwise), with both clubs entitled to select new teams.

Obviously, tonight's game Sorrys & Clermont had the tripartite agreement.

I expect the pitch to be pristine, it's not to go below 2 degrees from tomorrow until Saturday, and I'm certain Ulster Rugby will not embarrass themselves with a postponement. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

See that Sarries have been lambasted by Clermont for their ULSTER Rugby approach to handling this issue.. best way to respond was exactly how they did by stuffing them at home and in front of no one... I say no one because Sarries originally said behind closed doors but may have had to re-think yet it seems the only ones there were Clermont..

Did the Pro 12 not have any similar rules in place when we fecked up...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Have no fear .... the Bellylaugh has just told me that Diack will be available for this week's game ... you can just hear the Quins front 5 shatting themselves simultaneously as they are told this news.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

just out of B&Q and seen UR staff leaving with 6 leaf blowers so fleg that engine from Shorts mustn't have come through... bump into Diack many a day and even his dog pulls him back..
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I've never seen Kabaddi in the ice .... this could be worth the entrance fee alone on Friday.

Those leaf blowers are just to get the wrapping off the "Big Rodney" as the boys in Shorts call it.

Though I did see some UR boys carrying big begs or lentils and curry paste out of the Asian supermarket yesterday ... so maybe we are converting a wheel barrow to trail the real big Rodders round the ground after a feast of pulses.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I was advised that if the match was this evening then the pitch would be unplayable... it is covered in snow and frozen underfoot... FACT

Ulster have however employed a high tech method to ensure we don't end up like our previous fiasco... thankfully it appears to be working for now at least and bar any frozen spells between now and Friday we will be OK.

Why if we have covers do we insist in not putting them on the pitch when the weather forecast suggests you are getting a major snow and ice warning? We were caught out once and got off with it now but for the grace of it we were heading towards it for a second time in as many years... one word AMATEURISM.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cockatrice wrote:I was advised that if the match was this evening then the pitch would be unplayable... it is covered in snow and frozen underfoot... FACT

Ulster have however employed a high tech method to ensure we don't end up like our previous fiasco... thankfully it appears to be working for now at least and bar any frozen spells between now and Friday we will be OK.

Why if we have covers do we insist in not putting them on the pitch when the weather forecast suggests you are getting a major snow and ice warning? We were caught out once and got off with it now but for the grace of it we were heading towards it for a second time in as many years... one word AMATEURISM.
I wonder how much the high tech solution cost?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

Costs nothing to hope it warms up by Friday.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

How much does it cost to put out the covers that you bought last year?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Gary
Chancellor to the King
Location: Carrickfergus and Odessa. (Not at the same time. That would be silly.)

Post by Gary »

Can confirm what Cockatrice was saying. Pitch is covered with snow...or more accurately, frozen snow. No chance of being playable even tomorrow.
Soldiers who wanna be heroes number practically zero, but there are millions who wanna be civilians
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Logan reveals best way to thaw the pitch out ....
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

jean valjean wrote:Costs nothing to hope it warms up by Friday.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Yes should have said the high tech solution is indeed hoping that it warms up.... Gary I am sure it will all come together and the pitch will be playable but feck sake the are more professional clubs in the lower divisions of local football... Why were the covers not put down? Won’t matter because we will get away with it...
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cornerfleg wrote:

Logan reveals best way to thaw the pitch out ....
Is that Logie in the picture? Did you know he re-took St Georgia on his weekend off from Sandhurst..
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Live scenesImage

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk