Image
Image
Image

Topics Calendar

December 2018

S M T W T F S
1
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
30 31

Who is online

In total there are 28 users online :: 10 registered, 0 hidden and 18 guests

Most users ever online was 454 on Sun Apr 15, 2018 7:04 pm

Registered users: AhrefsBot, Baidu [Spider], Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], pwrmoore, Rugby Nomad, SemrushBot, stu, WeeWorld, YandexBot


Legend :: Administrators, Moderators

Statistics

Total posts 657516
Total topics 19119
Total members 2928
Our newest member joe soap

Hairyqueens away

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderators: The Fonz, Moderators

  • Advertisement

Topic Rating:
  • 2 votes
  

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:21 am

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Out of the five groups, a Lionel club is propping up three of them. In our group Wasps are fighting Quins for last place. No Lionel team is topping their group.
The RFU need to get a hold of the avivabosh clubs and soon
They're in realy trouble

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
They should go provincial
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18513
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby Cornerfleg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:21 am

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Out of the five groups, a Lionel club is propping up three of them. In our group Wasps are fighting Quins for last place. No Lionel team is topping their group.
The RFU need to get a hold of the avivabosh clubs and soon
They're in realy trouble

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk




Did you get Rum's guide to English grammar for Xmas Russ?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
User avatar
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11565
Images: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm
Location: In Toulon ... waiting for an offer

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby Russ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:23 am

Cornerfleg wrote:
Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Out of the five groups, a Lionel club is propping up three of them. In our group Wasps are fighting Quins for last place. No Lionel team is topping their group.
The RFU need to get a hold of the avivabosh clubs and soon
They're in realy trouble

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk




Did you get Rum's guide to English grammar for Xmas Russ?
If you checked my blood alcohol levels one might mistake me for rum

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28199
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:26 am

Too early for Xmas pressies.

Dave
Literal
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18513
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby Cornerfleg » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:28 am

You're all about the facts Dave ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
User avatar
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 11565
Images: 13
Joined: Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:56 pm
Location: In Toulon ... waiting for an offer

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby Dave » Tue Dec 12, 2017 12:42 pm

Cornerfleg wrote:You're all about the facts Dave ...
Yes I am and that's a fact.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
User avatar
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 18513
Joined: Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby Neill_M » Tue Dec 12, 2017 5:34 pm

Was a fun couple of nights over in Richmond. V nice area with good bars and places to eat.

Weather was super baltic, but the match day experience at Quins was good, especially the Kings Bar after the game. Good band.

Nice to actually see a win for a change!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4832
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby austintranslation » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:23 pm

Anyone have a link to re-watch the match? Super game... one of the few Ulster matches in the last few seasons that I will remember... for the right reasons. Great atmosphere. Looking to relive it! Ta.
User avatar
austintranslation
Novice
 
Posts: 143
Joined: Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:07 pm

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby Russ » Tue Dec 12, 2017 8:30 pm

austintranslation wrote:Anyone have a link to re-watch the match? Super game... one of the few Ulster matches in the last few seasons that I will remember... for the right reasons. Great atmosphere. Looking to relive it! Ta.
Im yet to find one online

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28199
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby BaggyTrousers » Tue Dec 12, 2017 11:55 pm

Neill_M wrote:Was a fun couple of nights over in Richmond. V nice area with good bars and places to eat.

Weather was super baltic, but the match day experience at Quins was good, especially the Kings Bar after the game. Good band.

Nice to actually see a win for a change!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I was at the last game at Quims on the other side from that bar, eventually walked across the pitch and into the bar. Just as I arrived the Colonel was walking around the pitch phone clamped to his ear.

Move 2/3 years forward and at a pre-season event I raised the subject of some form of entertainment before and after the game, bound to put money in the coffers and I said, "like they do at Quins or Tigers, both of which are excellent". He was actually astonished, he had no idea that such things existed. I was astonished that he was astonished, surely he must be the only CEO in any sport in any country who would not be aware of that potential source of income.

My flabber was aghast, seriously how can a man charged with running a sports club not understand all potential income streams, never mind fan-friendly facilities around the major matches? How can a man running a sports club not have the remotest interest in checking out the facilities of rival clubs, especially when he is parading around the stadium, busy on his bloody phone?

Clearly, he is a man who believes he knows all there is to know. :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
Support the team and coaching staff. Forget the rest,BUT NEVER MOVE ON.

FIRFU - FU'CK YOU ONE AND ALL, CAVING IN TO SPONSORS, SACKING THE INNOCENT FOR A FEW DOLLARS MORE, SHAMEFUL BASTA'RDS. YOU'VE LOST MY SUPPORT & I HOPE MORE ULSTERMEN & WOMEN
User avatar
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 30105
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2011 6:29 pm
Location: España

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby Rooster » Wed Dec 13, 2017 12:05 am

BaggyTrousers wrote:I was at the last game at Quims on the other side from that bar, eventually walked across the pitch and into the bar. Just as I arrived the Colonel was walking around the pitch phone clamped to his ear.

Move 2/3 years forward and at a pre-season event I raised the subject of some form of entertainment before and after the game, bound to put money in the coffers and I said, "like they do at Quins or Tigers, both of which are excellent". He was actually astonished, he had no idea that such things existed. I was astonished that he was astonished, surely he must be the only CEO in any sport in any country who would not be aware of that potential source of income.

My flabber was aghast, seriously how can a man charged with running a sports club not understand all potential income streams, never mind fan-friendly facilities around the major matches? How can a man running a sports club not have the remotest interest in checking out the facilities of rival clubs, especially when he is parading around the stadium, busy on his bloody phone?

Interesting as I remember Mike Reid saying at one stage how much on average a Tiggers fan spent in the ground compared to a Ravenhill fan, it was something like £13 v 50p as a rough guess from my fusty memory. Then again Mike had been in the bar over at Tiggers and saw the draw to it. We also had the occasional small group in the beer tent years ago. Now in fairness there is live music in the Ravenspan bar I frequent for the past couple of seasons but the early kickout on a Friday night does nothing to enhance that or keep a crowd in the bar while the Quins and Tigers matches have been mid afternoon and less liable to disturb the neighbours night time activities.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
User avatar
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 39838
Images: 5
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 12:39 am
Location: Chicken coop 17

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby Cockatrice » Wed Dec 13, 2017 1:08 am

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Was a fun couple of nights over in Richmond. V nice area with good bars and places to eat.

Weather was super baltic, but the match day experience at Quins was good, especially the Kings Bar after the game. Good band.

Nice to actually see a win for a change!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


I was at the last game at Quims on the other side from that bar, eventually walked across the pitch and into the bar. Just as I arrived the Colonel was walking around the pitch phone clamped to his ear.

Move 2/3 years forward and at a pre-season event I raised the subject of some form of entertainment before and after the game, bound to put money in the coffers and I said, "like they do at Quins or Tigers, both of which are excellent". He was actually astonished, he had no idea that such things existed. I was astonished that he was astonished, surely he must be the only CEO in any sport in any country who would not be aware of that potential source of income.

My flabber was aghast, seriously how can a man charged with running a sports club not understand all potential income streams, never mind fan-friendly facilities around the major matches? How can a man running a sports club not have the remotest interest in checking out the facilities of rival clubs, especially when he is parading around the stadium, busy on his bloody phone?

Clearly, he is a man who believes he knows all there is to know. :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:


baggy.. he turned Coke into a £50M business from zilch in one short year so one would assume he knows how to make a buck or two unless Coke can sell itself... and as we both know he is a man who has been blessed with turning everything he touches to gold... his words not mine.

I have also heard others comment on the pre-match on the phone walkabouts....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
User avatar
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 7893
Joined: Sat Jun 11, 2005 11:06 am

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby Neill_M » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:38 pm

One thing they had at Quins as do they also at many French sides is a club beer mug. Usually decent quality plastic with the club's logo and their players onto etc. You buy it with your 1st beer and either keep it or return it on leaving and get your deposit back.

Anyone think this would be a good idea at Ravenhill? Would surely cut down on the waste clean up post game? Anyone have any strong negative views on the issue?
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4832
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby Russ » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:42 pm

Neill_M wrote:One thing they had at Quins as do they also at many French sides is a club beer mug. Usually decent quality plastic with the club's logo and their players onto etc. You buy it with your 1st beer and either keep it or return it on leaving and get your deposit back.

Anyone think this would be a good idea at Ravenhill? Would surely cut down on the waste clean up post game? Anyone have any strong negative views on the issue?
It's a money making grab

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
User avatar
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
 
Posts: 28199
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:27 pm
Location: Looking for George North's defence

Re: Hairyqueens away

Postby Neill_M » Wed Dec 13, 2017 2:58 pm

Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:One thing they had at Quins as do they also at many French sides is a club beer mug. Usually decent quality plastic with the club's logo and their players onto etc. You buy it with your 1st beer and either keep it or return it on leaving and get your deposit back.

Anyone think this would be a good idea at Ravenhill? Would surely cut down on the waste clean up post game? Anyone have any strong negative views on the issue?
It's a money making grab

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk


Surprised Ulster don't have it then..... ;)
User avatar
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor
 
Posts: 4832
Joined: Fri Sep 07, 2007 10:51 am

PreviousNext


  • Advertisement

Return to View frae thae Hill

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], pwrmoore, stu, YandexBot and 13 guests

Recent Forum Topics

!-- Piwik -->