Hairyqueens away

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Hairyqueens away

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Out of the five groups, a Lionel club is propping up three of them. In our group Wasps are fighting Quins for last place. No Lionel team is topping their group.
The RFU need to get a hold of the avivabosh clubs and soon
They're in realy trouble

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
They should go provincial
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:Out of the five groups, a Lionel club is propping up three of them. In our group Wasps are fighting Quins for last place. No Lionel team is topping their group.
They're in realy trouble

Did you get Rum's guide to English grammar for Xmas Russ?
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cornerfleg wrote:
Russ wrote:
They're in realy trouble

Did you get Rum's guide to English grammar for Xmas Russ?
If you checked my blood alcohol levels one might mistake me for rum

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Too early for Xmas pressies.

Dave
Literal
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

You're all about the facts Dave ...
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cornerfleg wrote:You're all about the facts Dave ...
Yes I am and that's a fact.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Was a fun couple of nights over in Richmond. V nice area with good bars and places to eat.

Weather was super baltic, but the match day experience at Quins was good, especially the Kings Bar after the game. Good band.

Nice to actually see a win for a change!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
austintranslation
Novice

Post by austintranslation »

Anyone have a link to re-watch the match? Super game... one of the few Ulster matches in the last few seasons that I will remember... for the right reasons. Great atmosphere. Looking to relive it! Ta.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

austintranslation wrote:Anyone have a link to re-watch the match? Super game... one of the few Ulster matches in the last few seasons that I will remember... for the right reasons. Great atmosphere. Looking to relive it! Ta.
Im yet to find one online

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Neill_M wrote:Was a fun couple of nights over in Richmond. V nice area with good bars and places to eat.

Weather was super baltic, but the match day experience at Quins was good, especially the Kings Bar after the game. Good band.

I was at the last game at Quims on the other side from that bar, eventually walked across the pitch and into the bar. Just as I arrived the Colonel was walking around the pitch phone clamped to his ear.

Move 2/3 years forward and at a pre-season event I raised the subject of some form of entertainment before and after the game, bound to put money in the coffers and I said, "like they do at Quins or Tigers, both of which are excellent". He was actually astonished, he had no idea that such things existed. I was astonished that he was astonished, surely he must be the only CEO in any sport in any country who would not be aware of that potential source of income.

My flabber was aghast, seriously how can a man charged with running a sports club not understand all potential income streams, never mind fan-friendly facilities around the major matches? How can a man running a sports club not have the remotest interest in checking out the facilities of rival clubs, especially when he is parading around the stadium, busy on his bloody phone?

Clearly, he is a man who believes he knows all there is to know. :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I was at the last game at Quims on the other side from that bar, eventually walked across the pitch and into the bar. Just as I arrived the Colonel was walking around the pitch phone clamped to his ear.

Move 2/3 years forward and at a pre-season event I raised the subject of some form of entertainment before and after the game, bound to put money in the coffers and I said, "like they do at Quins or Tigers, both of which are excellent". He was actually astonished, he had no idea that such things existed. I was astonished that he was astonished, surely he must be the only CEO in any sport in any country who would not be aware of that potential source of income.

My flabber was aghast, seriously how can a man charged with running a sports club not understand all potential income streams, never mind fan-friendly facilities around the major matches? How can a man running a sports club not have the remotest interest in checking out the facilities of rival clubs, especially when he is parading around the stadium, busy on his bloody phone?
Interesting as I remember Mike Reid saying at one stage how much on average a Tiggers fan spent in the ground compared to a Ravenhill fan, it was something like £13 v 50p as a rough guess from my fusty memory. Then again Mike had been in the bar over at Tiggers and saw the draw to it. We also had the occasional small group in the beer tent years ago. Now in fairness there is live music in the Ravenspan bar I frequent for the past couple of seasons but the early kickout on a Friday night does nothing to enhance that or keep a crowd in the bar while the Quins and Tigers matches have been mid afternoon and less liable to disturb the neighbours night time activities.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Neill_M wrote:Was a fun couple of nights over in Richmond. V nice area with good bars and places to eat.

I was at the last game at Quims on the other side from that bar, eventually walked across the pitch and into the bar. Just as I arrived the Colonel was walking around the pitch phone clamped to his ear.

Clearly, he is a man who believes he knows all there is to know. :scratch: :scratch: :scratch:
baggy.. he turned Coke into a £50M business from zilch in one short year so one would assume he knows how to make a buck or two unless Coke can sell itself... and as we both know he is a man who has been blessed with turning everything he touches to gold... his words not mine.

I have also heard others comment on the pre-match on the phone walkabouts....
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

One thing they had at Quins as do they also at many French sides is a club beer mug. Usually decent quality plastic with the club's logo and their players onto etc. You buy it with your 1st beer and either keep it or return it on leaving and get your deposit back.

Anyone think this would be a good idea at Ravenhill? Would surely cut down on the waste clean up post game? Anyone have any strong negative views on the issue?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Neill_M wrote:One thing they had at Quins as do they also at many French sides is a club beer mug. Usually decent quality plastic with the club's logo and their players onto etc. You buy it with your 1st beer and either keep it or return it on leaving and get your deposit back.

Anyone think this would be a good idea at Ravenhill? Would surely cut down on the waste clean up post game? Anyone have any strong negative views on the issue?
It's a money making grab

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Russ wrote:
Neill_M wrote:One thing they had at Quins as do they also at many French sides is a club beer mug. Usually decent quality plastic with the club's logo and their players onto etc. You buy it with your 1st beer and either keep it or return it on leaving and get your deposit back.

It's a money making grab

Surprised Ulster don't have it then..... ;)