Hairyqueens away

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Re: Hairyqueens away

Post by rumncoke »

it depends on who gets the money from the Bar but I think Ulster Rugby sell the rights to run the food and drink to the highest bidder .

with the hours of sale specified .

It provides a guaranteed income without the hassle of staffing insurance etc .

with defined hours of sale those running the bar have a defined max turnover since they know exactly how many pints they would expect to sell per hour in each bar and this will not be increased by the provision of entertainment .
( The bars are possibly already selling close to the expected max )
The limitation of selling hours is due to the location and difficulties providing security ( for drunks control )
Of course those wanting " better bar facilities ( more drinking time )can guarantee everybody will behave themselves and are willing to compensate UR if they don't .
As my old Da once said when the opening hours where 10 - 10
" if you can't get drunk in the hours provided your not trying "

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

You're
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rumncoke wrote:it depends on who gets the money from the Bar but I think Ulster Rugby sell the rights to run the food and drink to the highest bidder .
Tell me Ron'n, for I know we have sold off the bar receipts, but when typing that did it ever occur to you that if they can make the offering more attractive to the bidders that they will get higher bids?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???????????? Just wondering, did it occur to you that might work favourably for Ulster & their "drink partner".

Rooster, as you know well, given I stand there with you more often than not, I know we have that entertainment.

I'm not decrying it, but that came after the summer ST holders meeting I referred to, though I can't remember if it came during that season or did we need to ruminate on it a bit longer.

Clubs like Tigers & Quins may offer their superior entertainment at every game, I've no idea, I just think that for one or two, maybe all three of the SDC games & possibly any afternoon ko in InterPro games something a touch better might be done, but we seem to lack even the slightest idea of how to stage something over and above the dead basic offering.

I know in this vile little statelet any change takes several decades to bed in, maybe someday when Fit & I are dead people will get something more than just the same old dreary shyte on offer, and that's just the rugby. :roll:
Last edited by BaggyTrousers on Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:You're
I certainly am. :thumleft:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
rumncoke wrote:it depends on who gets the money from the Bar but I think Ulster Rugby sell the rights to run the food and drink to the highest bidder .
Tell me Ron'n, for I know we have sold off the bar receipts, but when typing that did it ever occur to you that if they can make the offering more attractive to the bidders that they will get higher bids?

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm???????????? Just wondering, did it occur to you that might work favourably for Ulster & their "drink partner".

Rooster, as you know well, given I stand there with you more often than not, I know we have that entertainment.

I'm not decrying it, but that came after the summer ST holders meeting I referred to, though I can't remember if it came during that season or did we need to ruminate on it a bit longer.

Clubs like Tigers & Quins may offer their superior entertainment at every game, I've no idea, I just think that for one or two, maybe all three of the SDC games & possibly any afternoon ko in InterPro games something a touch better might be done, but we seem to lack even the slightest idea of how to stage something over and above the dead basic offering.

I know in this vile little statelet any change takes several decades to bed in, maybe someday when Fit & I are dead people will get something more than just the same old dreary shyte on offer, and that's just the rugby. :roll:
Even Sorries have post match band and bar open for a few hours

Quins bar was only open 2 hours after the game but it allows public transport to ease and a warm place for a sup

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

I tell ya what might boost bar profits a little. Have a few more people pulling pints.
A serious suggestion though, What about a bar card that you can pre load cash onto like golf clubs or school have. It would help cut queing time and get more punters through the bars quicker.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

jean valjean wrote:I tell ya what might boost bar profits a little. Have a few more people pulling pints.
A serious suggestion though, What about a bar card that you can pre load cash onto like golf clubs or school have. It would help cut queing time and get more punters through the bars quicker.

Bar is sold to Mount Charles so up to them if they don't have enough staff Ulster still get their share no matter how many or few pints are sold.

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

jean valjean wrote:I tell ya what might boost bar profits a little. Have a few more people pulling pints.

Quins have that

Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Perhaps one might purchase a club "champagne" flute for the Fizz Bar?
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Which school has a pre-loaded bar card? I think I must have gone to the wrong place!!! :lol: :lol: :stout: :drunken:
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red:
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

pwrmoore wrote:

Which school has a pre-loaded bar card? I think I must have gone to the wrong place!!! Image Image :stout: :drunken:
Schools use fingerprints instead of cards now.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Neill_M wrote:One thing they had at Quins as do they also at many French sides is a club beer mug. Usually decent quality plastic with the club's logo and their players onto etc. You buy it with your 1st beer and either keep it or return it on leaving and get your deposit back.

Anyone think this would be a good idea at Ravenhill? Would surely cut down on the waste clean up post game? Anyone have any strong negative views on the issue?
Used it in France, but it tends to encourage you to only order 1 pint at a time. Prob a good thing on a French trip. Not great for any sort of serious session at the hill.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Russ wrote:

Quins have that

So do Stortford in National League 1.

But more people pulling pints is usually a better idea.