Jordi Murphy to Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Re: Jordi Murphy to Ulster

Post by Amiga500 »

Snipe Watson wrote:
Dave wrote:Anyone see the interview at full-time? Jordi basically said he was in a bad place when he decided to sign for us.
Well if he doesn't want to come here, he can stay where he is.
'Course he was in a bad place.

Why the f**k would anyone want to walk away from starting in HEC finals and league finals to us?

I'm sure he is cursing the day he signed. But, as it seems he is standing over his word, if he wants on the plane to Japan, then he knows what he has to do - he'll definitely get the chance up here to show Joe that he should be in the squad.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Jordi made the right decision to move.
He just got lucky over the last few months that Heaslip retired, JVDF wrecked himself in the France match, Ruddock who was in a rich vein of form did his hamstring, SOB did, well, what SOB does, and even Conan was out for a while.

All being fit, the Leinster back row would be SOB, Conan/Ruddock and Leavy, with JVDF, passed out by Leavy, on the bench.
So Jordi would be facing into zero game time except against Italians or Southern Kings et al.
There are more young guys like Deegan and Josh Murphy on the proverbial Leinster conveyor belt coming through.

Far better for Jordi and Joe to have him performing at top level with Ulster.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:Jordi made the right decision to move.
He just got lucky over the last few months that Heaslip retired, JVDF wrecked himself in the France match, Ruddock who was in a rich vein of form did his hamstring, SOB did, well, what SOB does, and even Conan was out for a while.

All being fit, the Leinster back row would be SOB, Conan/Ruddock and Leavy, with JVDF, passed out by Leavy, on the bench.
So Jordi would be facing into zero game time except against Italians or Southern Kings et al.
There are more young guys like Deegan and Josh Murphy on the proverbial Leinster conveyor belt coming through.

Far better for Jordi and Joe to have him performing at top level with Ulster.
Your first ever sensible post

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Jordi is your best backrow this season. All of a sudden he is shyte because he is leaving. When he and Marcell and Hendo come down and own the RDS you will eat your words.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

Leavy is our best backrow of the season. The second half of the season.
He and Jordi were a bit out of it until the gaps opened up.
Jordi is far from shyte and I never said he was.

On current form, I think Timoney would be a first choice for your backrow next season.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Last week you were moaning about Leavy because VDF was injured. I highlighted how good he has been. There is a place for him at Ulster. We would make him feel appreciated.

Jordi is world class.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

Dublin4 wrote:Leavy is our best backrow of the season. The second half of the season.

On current form, I think Timoney would be a first choice for your backrow next season.

I'd agree, Leavy has been immense in blue and green, definitely best back row of season. Timoney has definitely improved over the season, a very useful dependable player.

D4 Do you know anything of Moloney, the 2nd row? What's he up to? Does he look to fit into Cullen's plans? I think he'd be a canny signing for us, if he's up to playing for a basketcase team, that is.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

stickinout wrote:
Dublin4 wrote:Leavy is our best backrow of the season. The second half of the season.

I'd agree, Leavy has been immense in blue and green, definitely best back row of season. Timoney has definitely improved over the season, a very useful dependable player.

D4 Do you know anything of Moloney, the 2nd row? What's he up to? Does he look to fit into Cullen's plans? I think he'd be a canny signing for us, if he's up to playing for a basketcase team, that is.
Well there are a couple of very good prospects coming up behind him that will mean he's quite likely to continue to shift down the pecking order. I wouldn't really say he's the sort of 2nd row we need though to pair with AOC(/Dalton hopefully) when Hendo's away. We need some ballast.
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

therealspratt wrote:
stickinout wrote:

Well there are a couple of very good prospects coming up behind him that will mean he's quite likely to continue to shift down the pecking order. I wouldn't really say he's the sort of 2nd row we need though to pair with AOC(/Dalton hopefully) when Hendo's away. We need some ballast.
Fair point on the ballast but i was thinking along the same lines as a player like Timoney when he came, that is, one for the future, say in a year or two. Not quite making it, NiQ brought in getting in the way of his development, still young.
Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

You ask about Moloney.
I hadn't heard he was moving to you but it makes sense.
Like James Ryan, he is a product of St Michael's but Ryan, who is younger, has gazumped him from being a second row regular for the blues.
Moloney is regarded as top notch in the line out.
Sorry to lose him to you but with Fardy, Ryan and Toner in place there's not much point keeping him.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:You ask about Moloney.
I hadn't heard he was moving to you but it makes sense.
Like James Ryan, he is a product of St Michael's but Ryan, who is younger, has gazumped him from being a second row regular for the blues.
Moloney is regarded as top notch in the line out.
Sorry to lose him to you but with Fardy, Ryan and Toner in place there's not much point keeping him.
When did Fardy play in the second row last?

Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Post by Dublin4 »

24th March. v Ospreys.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Within three posts we have someone asking about a Leinster second row to signing him..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

We are well stocked
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:24th March. v Ospreys.
So two full months since the man you signed as a second row last played in the second row

LR do what they want