3 more years

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

3 more years

Post by Rooster »

Ulster have announced new contracts for Irish internationals Luke Marshall, Rob Herring and Kieran Treadwell.

The trio have agreed three-year extensions, keeping them with the province until the summer of 2021.

Marshall, who is a product of the Ulster Academy, made his senior debut against Munster in October 2010.

Herring, who joined Ulster in 2012, and Treadwell, who moved to Belfast in 2016, were both capped by Ireland during the autumn international series.

"Luke has been one of our most consistent players in recent years; he's a robust presence in our midfield and is a brilliant link man in both attack and defence," Ulster's director of rugby, Les Kiss said.

"He is a passionate about rugby in Ulster and I think that is evident not only in his performances on the pitch, but also in the way he contributes so positively to the local rugby community."

South African-born Herring qualifies to play for Ireland through residency rules and scored a try during the record breaking 38-3 win over the Springboks on 11 November.

Treadwell represented England at U20 level but qualifies for Ireland through his Irish mother and made his Test debut during the summer tour to Japan in June.

"Rob and Kieran have also been in excellent form this season and I was delighted to see them earn recalls into the national squad for this month's fixtures," Kiss added.

"Rob has really grown as a player since his arrival at Ulster five years ago and he is widely regarded as a highly skilled hooker who leads from the front.

"Kieran has made a big impression over the past 18 months and it's evident that he possesses all the attributes required to become a top class second row; he's a big, mobile unit and is a good student of the game."
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Vanhelsing
Novice

Re: 3 more years

Post by Vanhelsing »

Treadwell has played out of his skin glad he signed again
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Kiss' quotes are pure nonsense

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

Treadwell has shown slow but steady improvement since his arrival. he's toughened up rightly with more and more game time and will be improved by time with Joe at camp. delighted he's signed a new deal.

Hopefully Herring sees his own recent international time as a chance to kick on, there seems to be a gap for the 3rd 6N hooker at least. I don't think he's been at his best over the last year or so but a solid hooker on his day. Would rather not see him as captain in future.

Luke...I don't really know where he's at. A run in the side and better coaching and who knows. always a player in there so hope springs eternal.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I like Treadwell
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Dave wrote:I like Treadwell
Meh on him.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

He seemed to raise his game around the oh so short period of time Coatzee was playing. So that's one small positive to take from the sorry tale.
Luke always gives his all, but at times his hands seem unrelated to him.
Herring ...meh
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I think Herring has rediscovered his mojo of late, maybe playing for a contract does that sort of thing.

No Hands Luke is a funny one, two seasons back he was marvellous, the best centre in the club that year, last season, not so much from New Year onwards, this year..............sweet holy jebus, hands like feet.

Tredders, kid and doing alright, no-brainer to sign him up.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.