FOLK

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: FOLK

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jean valjean wrote:Don't believe cave tried to flick the ball up with his foot but was rather trying to stop the pass. It was bit of luck that it flicked up, the quality was having the awareness to find timoney on the inside.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I assume you have not taken the trouble to watch it several times before pronouncing? Should you take the trouble to rewatch it you will see that he clearly plays at the ball with his foot and there is no delay in moving to the ball, no reaction delay, no suggestion that he threw a hopeful foot out & then reacted, it was done as one movement.

Was there clearly an element of good fortune in that it worked perfectly? Of course but you are selling him short if you think he just got lucky.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Post by jean valjean »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
jean valjean wrote:Don't believe cave tried to flick the ball up with his foot but was rather trying to stop the pass. It was bit of luck that it flicked up, the quality was having the awareness to find timoney on the inside.

I assume you have not taken the trouble to watch it several times before pronouncing? Should you take the trouble to rewatch it you will see that he clearly plays at the ball with his foot and there is no delay in moving to the ball, no reaction delay, no suggestion that he threw a hopeful foot out & then reacted, it was done as one movement.

Was there clearly an element of good fortune in that it worked perfectly? Of course but you are selling him short if you think he just got lucky.
Watched it several times baggy. Cave was no more than a metre away from where the ball was flicked off the ground at pace. It then looped into the air giving him time to adjust and catch it. A good piece of thinking to block the ball but a serious stretch to say he deliberately flicked it up into his hands.

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Found a replay if anyone is interested...

https://youtu.be/nrC2KTVugC0
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

jean valjean wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:

Watched it several times baggy. Cave was no more than a metre away from where the ball was flicked off the ground at pace. It then looped into the air giving him time to adjust and catch it. A good piece of thinking to block the ball but a serious stretch to say he deliberately flicked it up into his hands.

Sorry ould hand but if you have watched it repeatedly I'm afraid your brain cannot process what your eyes see.

If someone tries to simply block the movement of the ball, the action is usually a kind of lunging or planting of the foot, that did not happen, it was fluid. It was not one movement an adjustment and a further movement following the good fortune to knock the ball up, it was as I've described as a fluid movement, no pause no thinking time just one smart piece of play.

Good fortune, of course, to work so perfectly but the thought was to do just that.

At times like this, I'm reminded of a wee brown specky lad who used produce the odd gem:

Even if you are a minority of one, the truth is the truth.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by rocky »

Baggy wrote:

"At times like this, I'm reminded of a wee brown specky lad who used produce the odd gem."

Sammy Davis Jr.?
Bo***cks to Brexit
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Les is OK - looks like the noise has now blown over the Irish Sea with all that snow.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-union/42719788
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Not in my place of employment. Still a clarion call. FOLK
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
solidarity
Chancellor to the King

Post by solidarity »

Tender wrote:Not in my place of employment. Still a clarion call. FOLK
maybe even a Carillion call.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

rocky wrote:Baggy wrote:

"At times like this, I'm reminded of a wee brown specky lad who used produce the odd gem."

Sammy Davis Jr.?

Shammy Jr was a touch special Rocky, but not as special as the wee man with the loincloth ............ and no I don't mean Johnny feckin Weissmuller :lol: :lol: :lol:
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

He means Ron Ely the Tarzan of our schooldays. Jai’s (Manuel Patilla Jnr) adopted Dad.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

John Afoa. The man Shane Logan said would never play again is to be announced as a Bristol player today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:John Afoa. The man Shane Logan said would never play again is to be announced as a Bristol player today

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Watched him last night put another performance in against Pau... instead of taking the pi$h out of his wife maybe some should look at the total lack of support she was given by her husbands employers.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Yes all very interesting but what about the man who singlehandedly has shorn up the Ulster scrum when none of us expected to see him this season? Why is he not playing against Wasps?
Where have we suddenly got two better LHs from? Why does Kiss not want him to start?

WHERE'S CALLUM

At the presser, he was said to be neither ill nor injured. Strikes me as serious insanity as calls go. If the Ulster scrum gets wrecked I'm pointing my finger straight at KISS.

It's quite the irony, people like Cave & Ludik have known what it's been like to be sent to Coventry by FOLK, now Callum Black in a strange twist has not been sent to Coventry.

Tell you what, he's not good enough for the A team either.

FOLK
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

baggy.. If Peel picks the backs then why not Gibbes picking the forwards... that like everything at UR creates the extra layer of teflon needed to insure the blame gets pushed around..

Indeed if Black isn't injured it is a big call given he looks the only prop capable of keeping our srum up at times.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Les thinks we are not far behind Leinster. In his mind it is like rotating Healy and Jack McGrath.

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?