FOLK

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: FOLK

Post by Cockatrice »

UlsterNo9 wrote:Who is bringing the Kiss and Logan Out banner to the next game?

>you_rock

Nothing but keyboard warriors the lot of you.
I'll bring my iPad to the next game..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DtoCw2iOTSc
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ColinM wrote:Said it before Les can go without needing replaced, the rest of the structure can work without a DoR. Bring in a junior coach to do defence at much lower cost
You have faith in Gibbes?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BR wrote:
ColinM wrote:Said it before Les can go without needing replaced, the rest of the structure can work without a DoR. Bring in a junior coach to do defence at much lower cost
Won't know about Gibbes and Peel till they get rid of Kiss.
As I have said before we got rid of 2 coaches last year and that was required problem was we would have kept Doak and sent Kiss in his place.
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Don't get me wrong I'm no apologist for Kiss .... but for a minute - take off the Ulster till I die hats and the we're Brill due to the divine right, and only Les and Logie are holding us back ... what makes anyone think even should we get a new DOR ... we have enough talent to be anything more than just a bit better than the Dragons ... seriously now. Dump the Lienster rejects - get rid of projects and imports ... mon now, lets have 15 Ulstermen in 15 shirts .... feck me. :duh:

I have no confidence that no matter who we get he'll just run out of turn polish very quickly.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BR wrote:

Fair question. Can't say absolutely right now but I will say he is the type of coach I prefer, a hard nosed ex-forward who you know you'd bloody well listen to if he talked to you. One who knows a thing or two about froward play (forwards win matches etc), and has a decent coaching track record, albeit as an assistant who has earned his shot at leading a side.

I'm afraid its impossible to say any of that about FOLK
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

BR wrote:You have faith in Gibbes?
There is a recurring theme here. Always blame the head coach. Its like England after every wendyball tournament.

How about facing reality. The players we have aren't good enough, both the professional and branch structures are tom kite and there is no conveyor belt of talent.

We have to import average dross because we cannot even manage to produce Dave levels of mediocrity locally.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Amiga500 wrote:
There is a recurring theme here. Always blame the head coach. Its like England after every wendyball tournament.

How about facing reality. The players we have aren't good enough, both the professional and branch structures are tom kite and there is no conveyor belt of talent.

We have to import average dross because we cannot even manage to produce Dave levels of mediocrity locally.
I have seen with my own eyes, a fair proportion of those players playing at an infinitely higher standard than they did on Friday.

Either:
they are being told to play in a particular (ineffective) manner.
Or
they are being told to play a much better game and are failing to implement it.

Whichever - I blame Kiss.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BR wrote:
Amiga500 wrote:

I have seen with my own eyes, a fair proportion of those players playing at an infinitely higher standard than they did on Friday.

Either:
Or

I think back to an interview when Gibbes was asked did the players not have a Plan B to fall back on when Plan A wasn't working.. his answer was they couldn't even implement Plan A never mind switch to Plan B.. I think that answer was very telling and is one which has been overlooked by many since and as such we have a bunch of players who are incapable of implementing the coaches plan...

now that either smacks of a bunch of players that not having any faith in the coach or that they are simply dumb players.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BR wrote:
Amiga500 wrote:

Either:
Or

Do we have a Forwards Coach who thought he was going to be the Head Coach soon realising that he isn't... and

As with my other post why can't the players implement Plan A when given to them.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote:
BR wrote:
Amiga500 wrote:

Either:
Or

Do we have a Forwards Coach who thought he was going to be the Head Coach soon realising that he isn't... and

As with my other post why can't the players implement Plan A when given to them.
Because it's a sihte plan (or to be kind - one that doesn't suit the team)
Or
They don't understand the plan in the first place.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Amiga500 wrote:

are there too many confusing layers of teflon so that nothing sticks.... if not mistaken the professional and branch structures being shyte are two of the three areas for Col Paddy Mayne's KPI's....
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
BR wrote:
Amiga500 wrote:

Either:
Or

Or
Yes.... but again was Gibbes putting it out there in a subtle way that the players can't implement Plan B because they couldn't implement Plan A and that is because Kiss is too complicated in his communication and delivers too many late changes.. the players don't understand it and Gibbes doesn't understand it.

I think that was what he also did when he dropped in the he was only the Forward Coach comment ..
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote:
BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:
BR wrote:
Amiga500 wrote: There is a recurring theme here. Always blame the head coach. Its like England after every wendyball tournament.

Either:
Or

Or
Yes.... but again was Gibbes putting it out there in a subtle way that the players can't implement Plan B because they couldn't implement Plan A and that is because Kiss is too complicated in his communication and delivers too many late changes.. the players don't understand it and Gibbes doesn't understand it.

I think that was what he also did when he dropped in the he was only the Forward Coach comment ..
Amounts to the same thing.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

FOLK then...
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

As with my other post why can't the players implement Plan A when given to them.[/quote]
Or
They don't understand the plan in the first place.[/quote]

I think that was what he also did when he dropped in the he was only the Forward Coach comment ..[/quote]
Amounts to the same thing.[/quote]

Pass it backwards, don't drop it and tackle your man.

Easy.