FOLK

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: FOLK

Post by Rooster »

If a Kiss game plan is as clear as his thoughts about Payne there is no hope of any of the players solving the cryptic clues of what sort of game the are trying to play
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

justinr73 wrote:Pass it backwards, don't drop it and tackle your man.

Easy.
This may come as a bit of a shock to some, but I think ... I'm not sure, but I think ... there may be a bit more to it than that.

Them tactics are the same as used in sevens and rugby league ..... which is why I suspect, just an inkling mind, that there may be more to it than that.

Kiss came from league, didn't he? At least he knows them basics. :duck:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Passing far too far backwards on Friday night IMHO.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:Passing far too far backwards on Friday night IMHO.
By no means the only thing they were doing wrong on Friday.

I have to say in Gibbes I trust, whilst Kiss was Cheshiring up in the box at a second fortuitous win in a row, Gibbes had a face like bluefukkinthunder.

I trust a man who can see the wood for the trees, not a clown who said he was happy with the worst performance I can remember in several decades. Even taking all the new starts into account, for me it was Gibbes charges & the 3 newbies who kept us in the game whilst the supposed strength of that team, the backline made feck up after feck up.

Furthermore, as Colin says, unlike Kiss, Gibbes has a more than credible CV with seriously good teams, Leinster at their best & consistently good Clermont in several seasons. Indeed, it was under Gibbes as the constant, under Cheika & Schmidt, that the Leinster pack went from The Ladyboys to the winners of the ERC in 3 years out of 4.

Have no doubt that Gibbes is seriously good.

Some talk about whether our players are good enough, as BR says, many of those who played in those last 2 disastrous last-gasp wins we know can play so much better.

It is also fact that players are bemused by Kiss's delivery, his performances in front of camera where he struggles to be coherent, are not simply his mode of speaking for the public, it's him, the real him, a spinner of utter bullshit which he appears to want to make as layered and impenetrable as possible. Just talks bullshit.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Would Eddie O'Sullivan be able to do anything useful with our squad.
He sounds as if he knows what he's talking about when he summarises and analyses
on the been and the 42 website, but then it is comical Eddie we are talking about and I
recall what his last lot of months in charge of Ireland were like so maybe I'm tired and delirious.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I would take EOS in a heartbeat.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

BR wrote:Passing far too far backwards on Friday night IMHO.
This is my personal bug bare at the minute. The All New Improved way to pass as explained by Topper at a recent coaching session i was at was a lazy feckin balls fir brains ballix fest .... Pass low from the hip... Forget that old school high elbow carry the ball under yer chin look where your outside player is shyte... You know that rubbish the ABs do and Ruan demonstrated each week.

Yes pass from low... The amount of high (expose the ribs) behind the runner (no hand eye coordination as you have no idea where yer pass is coming from) is palpable in our recent outings... wtf are the coaches smoking????

Im at a loss... Jimmy the reasoning may have been dressed up by some spin doctor... But just cos you stick a bunch of flowers in an ersehole doesn't make it a vase.....

Is this just a glimpse of the crap our youngsters are being coached?????
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

It's well documented that I like Les.

This is partly because :

a) I have facial hair and
b) I get paid by the word too.

Friday night was truly awful though. The defeat at home to the cab sauv and merlot blenders last season was also a cause for significant concern.

BUT Gibbes has really disappointed me.

Dai Young, Rob Baxter and Steve Diamond do the whole grumpy ex-forward coach thing far better than him AND they aren't undermining the D of R at the same time.

He looks like the same kind of smacked Brennan as Cheika does, without any discernable positive impact upon our forwards.

And his treatment of 2MP has been appalling.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

justinr73 wrote:It's well documented that I like Les.

This is partly because :

a) I have facial hair and
b) I get paid by the word too.

Friday night was truly awful though. The defeat at home to the cab sauv and merlot blenders last season was also a cause for significant concern.

BUT Gibbes has really disappointed me.

Dai Young, Rob Baxter and Steve Diamond do the whole grumpy ex-forward coach thing far better than him AND they aren't undermining the D of R at the same time.

He looks like the same kind of smacked Brennan as Cheika does, without any discernable positive impact upon our forwards.

And his treatment of 2MP has been appalling.
Ach Browne's not something I'd get into knots over. Gibbes needs time, look at what he has to work with. Kiss doesn't.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

He'd have won us some turnover ball with his cunning and well-timed steals on Friday.

He'd also, at the very least, have done some worthwhile missionary work in South Africa.
nonplussed
Warrior Chief

Post by nonplussed »

What have I missed about 2MP. A solid yeoman

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

nonplussed wrote:What have I missed about 2MP. A solid yeoman

Seems to be MIA at present
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

I think his lack of solidity may be what Gibbes takes issue with.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

therealspratt wrote:

I think his lack of solidity may be what Gibbes takes issue with.
He's dung
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

New hospitality offering :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
This hospitality package is themed around giving supporters exclusive insights into the team tactics for that day's game, featuring a presentation from Niall Malone, Ulster's Head Analysts, plus a pre-match Q&A with three Ulster players.