FOLK

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: FOLK

Post by Jackie Brown »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:Well well well, maybe Kiss is a genius .
24pointa conceded against an absolute rabble

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Did Quins not concede 50+
Quins are sh1t

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Quins worse than Zebre.

Jamie Roberts etc looking like rugby gods
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

The boys on the pod cast pointed out the 5 point win was all important so you could normally forgive a number of points conceded in the attempt of try chasing in a looser game.
However in the context of recent concerns of our defensibe structure this performance has done nothing to show any progress being made.

Shocking once again.
The pick and go from their skipper resulting in a straight run in for a score was unforgiveable when we forget to put in a pillar.
Also at times we played a narrow rush when the outside men were passive allowing a simple wide pass to unravel us.
Again idefenders isolated at times in space easy to pick off.

Just basic stuff and nothing there alleviated concerns whatsoever against a depleted unmotivated oppositon.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:Quins worse than Zebre.

Jamie Roberts etc looking like rugby gods
Maybe, but even a couple of weeks ago we didn't look like a team capable of beating Zebre or anyone like that, never mind a BP win and only letting them score 4 tries. :D . I suppose that is progress from a very low base!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Happy with the BP win of course but some of the worst defending I've seen all season.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Liz Fraser wrote:The boys on the pod cast pointed out the 5 point win was all important so you could normally forgive a number of points conceded in the attempt of try chasing in a looser game.
However in the context of recent concerns of our defensibe structure this performance has done nothing to show any progress being made.

Shocking once again.
The pick and go from their skipper resulting in a straight run in for a score was unforgiveable when we forget to put in a pillar.
Also at times we played a narrow rush when the outside men were passive allowing a simple wide pass to unravel us.
Again idefenders isolated at times in space easy to pick off.

Just basic stuff and nothing there alleviated concerns whatsoever against a depleted unmotivated oppositon.

I think it's time to add the lineout to defence as areas where no improvement has been shown. Restarts were also muck tonight. Oh and our scrum was getting seriously obliterated at the end.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

We missed Hond
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:Happy with the BP win of course but some of the worst defending I've seen all season.
It was a bit like against Zebre away and Kings away the way in which we were missing one on one hits in that first half. Really poor. Defence was marginally better in the 2nd half and of course being a loose game did contribute to that.

In isolation the 4 tries conceded and 24 points was to some extent understandable, given the type of game we were playing and sticking 50pts on (La Rochelle were widely heralded for their performance last week, when Wasps scored 29pts and 4 tries against them), but given our defensive frailties shown this season it remains a worry.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote:Happy with the BP win of course but some of the worst defending I've seen all season.
It was a bit like against Zebre away and Kings away the way in which we were missing one on one hits in that first half. Really poor. Defence was marginally better in the 2nd half and of course being a loose game did contribute to that.

In isolation the 4 tries conceded and 24 points was to some extent understandable, given the type of game we were playing and sticking 50pts on (La Rochelle were widely heralded for their performance last week, when Wasps scored 29pts and 4 tries against them), but given our defensive frailties shown this season it remains a worry.
The tries need to be analysed individually. A broad comment about the context of the game will be issued of course.

Also the entire back three went off injured. Not good.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cornerfleg wrote:We missed Hond
You won't see him again until next season when we need a tour guide in South Africa.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:
Bart S wrote:

The tries need to be analysed individually. A broad comment about the context of the game will be issued of course.

Also the entire back three went off injured. Not good.

Especially since that back 3 looked very dangerous going forward.
TheSnapper
Novice

Post by TheSnapper »

Why can't you be just happy they won
Available for weddings May to August only
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

TheSnapper wrote:Why can't you be just happy they won
Paper
Crack

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Can't you be happy you got paid
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Of course we’re happy that we won. The weekend is way better after a win, but ALL the concerns are still there.
Was it the win which transforms our season?
Will we push on and win our inter-pros and progress in Europe?
Will we ever see Cave play for Ulster again?
Who will replace Lily?

On our defensive showings thus far, many doubt it. Kiss is coaching the defence.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.