FOLK

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Re: FOLK

Post by justinr73 »

I'm hopeful that we may actually play well at some point this season and put a few tries on a decent team, although that will probably require a functioning lineout.

I suppose it's possible that we could down La Rochelle if they hump Wasps next week or Wasps themselves if they're out of it by then.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Down as in 'go down'?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cockatrice wrote:
Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:With a bp win next week and a home win against La Rochelle we will faulter at Wasps but but Kiss to the end of the year.. with the big signings coming in thick and fast ticket sales will rise and before you know it we will be looking forward to next year having had an unlucky season...
We'll beat Wasps

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

then a Q-F is looming and Kiss will start next season as the DoR.

I'm with Baggy. We had a good win yesterday but 3 wins in the next 3 euro games is a bit fanciful.

If we did achieve it somehow then we would be 5/6 in a group with one of the favourites and hard to argue this would not be a sign of progress. But like I said, i cannot see it. Even scraping a QF with 4/6 will be a tall order.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

When you are in a group with 2 Lionel teams worse than Ulster, it is not an achievement to come 10 or more points behind the best team in the group, it is what should be expected, Wassups and Hairyquims are about the level of Cardiff & Edinburgh.

That said I do not seek to diminish a good performance in difficult conditions, very good work by the pack

Final observation, for Hairyquims to have three players as hateful as Joe Marler, Mike Brown and Kyle Sinclair is a hell of a statement about your club's values. Marler with his coloured in arms and moron haircuts is the epitome of everything I detest in a Lionelwanker. Brown is just the epitome of sh1t on the back of a shovel, utter kunt.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

It was a nice win-- not a good win the difference in the scoreline is based on the errors of the opposition rather than an excellent performance .
It was a nice win -- maybe and unexpected win given the teams performance in the previous two games ,and while the performance was better the points difference flatters the performance.

Basically the weaknesses of the Ulster team still exist and were not exposed due to the weather conditions which allowed any attack by the opposition to be halted after the first or second pass because frequently the first receiver was in a ball and man situation.

To win is nice to over rate the win is foolish.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Wise words rum
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Quims won't exactly be bustin a ballik on Friday, so we've every right to expect a feckin cricket score, but who knows what Alster Team turns up?
For the record, previous to the Schtoop Schtooping, Is it in Les Kiss? (I'll get my coat), our last THREE (Thheee, in North Bullvast parlance) games were all appallingly shyte performances.

One game down, six to go.
This time last year defined our season, but dropping BPs against Pizza Pushers didn't help. No reason why we cant be two games done and dusted with five to go, but only Bakebook-Kardashians would be dreaming of winning every one of our next six games.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tender wrote:Quims won't exactly be bustin a ballik on Friday, so we've every right to expect a feckin cricket score, but who knows what Alster Team turns up?
For the record, previous to the Schtoop Schtooping, Is it in Les Kiss? (I'll get my coat), our last THREE (Thheee, in North Bullvast parlance) games were all appallingly shyte performances.

One game down, six to go.
This time last year defined our season, but dropping BPs against Pizza Pushers didn't help. No reason why we cant be two games done and dusted with five to go, but only Bakebook-Kardashians would be dreaming of winning every one of our next six games.
They will have no feck but we will endeavour to make them appear world class. FOLK will be talking them up any minute now.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Just my take.. I expected Quins to win given our recent performances but now we have gone and won I see no reason why we can't beat them again at home more so because they are out and may even rest a few. For the record from what I had seen of Quins this year they are shyte on a level only matched by the drag ends of the Pro14.

Now it is not impossible that we beat a travelling French side at home and that is as much to do with to do with what French side turns up than any crushing form from us..

That would mean an away game against Wasps with the maths depending on a BPW giving one or both sides a chance.. more likely us with the point extra even more so if 1. We get a BPW next week and 2. Depending on Wasps losing or even getting a BPW.

Wasps could go into this last game with more than one eye on their own league given their poor start and already no chance in Europe. So not impossible and more than enough to keep Kiss in a job for life.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Shhhush Cocker, we know . If we don't say it out loud, it's not real.

Anyhoo, our wheels will likely fall off and we'll be also-rans by this time next month .
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

One of our best away performances in Europe must have been when we cleaned Northampton, only to balls it up in the return fixture the next week.

Expect the unexpected.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Deraless wrote:One of our best ... performances in Europe must have been when we cleaned Leicester, only to balls it up in the return fixture the next week.

Expect the unexpected.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

So even if we win the next three, the likelihood is we may only pick up one BP (quins at home most likely). Teams that qualify in second place get more than 2 bps

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

ColinM wrote:So even if we win the next three, the likelihood is we may only pick up one BP (quins at home most likely). Teams that qualify in second place get more than 2 bps

But surely 5/6 and 21 pts would be enough to qualify? I'd be amazed if a team with what many points didn't qualify.

Anyway, i still think we'll be doing well to win 2, even after yesterday's win. Can't see us qualifying but maybe 2nd in the group.

La Rochelle could do us a big favour by beating Wasps next weekend.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Bart S wrote:
ColinM wrote:So even if we win the next three, the likelihood is we may only pick up one BP (quins at home most likely). Teams that qualify in second place get more than 2 bps

But surely 5/6 and 21 pts would be enough to qualify? I'd be amazed if a team with what many points didn't qualify.

Anyway, i still think we'll be doing well to win 2, even after yesterday's win. Can't see us qualifying but maybe 2nd in the group.

La Rochelle could do us a big favour by beating Wasps next weekend.
18 points and 2nd has always guaranteed qualification, since the current system was introduced (with one exception!!!)
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall