FOLK

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: FOLK

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Wee Woman wrote:
Vanhelsing wrote:So you want Less out and what qualities do you want from the next head coach
We need someone with a no nonsense edge.
Someone who will address poor performances and call it like it is.
A straight talker.
Someone who's not an IRFU plant / puppet.
Someone who doesn't pass off games as not important.
Someone who can get the team to actually perform.

Logan needs to go too, he has no credibility.

That's just off the top of my head.

Jeez, I've just described Mark Anscombe haven't I?
Anscombe got sacked from Canada due to his inept performances, that and training sessions that were cancelled as he was unable to make training due to being unavailable to get to sessions that he had planned, on his appointment he moved the national training camp to Victoria Island away from the mainland and the national training centre as he a had found a nice local that had great lock ins, if you think that I'd the way forward then go for it, Anscombe had short term success because of what BMcL had put in place, but he was starting to go down hill and was becoming a liability .

The buck has to stop and start with the CEO, he is ultimately responsible, he has sold the fans a pup, promised lots, and has delivered nothing. I have heard that he preaches that he has the Midas touch, everything he touches turns to gold, his words not mine. Time to go CEO.
Wee Woman
Lord Chancellor

FOLK

Post by Wee Woman »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
Vanhelsing wrote:So you want Less out and what qualities do you want from the next head coach
A straight talker.

Anscombe got sacked from Canada due to his inept performances, that and training sessions that were cancelled as he was unable to make training due to being unavailable to get to sessions that he had planned, on his appointment he moved the national training camp to Victoria Island away from the mainland and the national training centre as he a had found a nice local that had great lock ins, if you think that I'd the way forward then go for it, Anscombe had short term success because of what BMcL had put in place, but he was starting to go down hill and was becoming a liability .

The buck has to stop and start with the CEO, he is ultimately responsible, he has sold the fans a pup, promised lots, and has delivered nothing. I have heard that he preaches that he has the Midas touch, everything he touches turns to gold, his words not mine. Time to go CEO.
I’m aware of Anscombe’s back story and I’m not asking for him to come back.

His success during his time here is subjective, how do we know for sure it was only successful because of the person who went before him??

Anyway, my point was more about getting a coach in a lot like Anscombe in terms of straight talking and although being unpopular with the players (allegedly), the record shows they performed when he was here.

We need someone like that but obvs without the other external influences.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

At the risk of sounding repetitive I think we all need to remember that KISS came here after not one but two world wide searches in which every coach in world rugby at all levels was evaluated and given a score...

Who carried out that search for me needs to be exposed (note to BBC a simple question which of course will not be answered) was it the man with the 'golden touch' the man head hunted by BP to turn them around or was it some outside consultant... the reality is that process has, is and will continue to cost us.

The BBC again last night referred to Jonno as the Forwards Coach so even some there are beginning to catch on that was yet another lie we were sold.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Head Coach was an appointment to get Johnno out of contract, he could only leave CLermont to a head Coach position apparently.

However, bottom line is Decisions have been made at the very top and those decision have been both Strategically and Operationally bullshît, why on why is no one asking why, maybe a pauper is wearing the Kings cloth
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

CIMANFOREVER wrote:Sounds like Jonno then. Unlike Kiss he has proven quality. He must be dying inside. Not just Kiss, but what has Peel contributed?

Imo Dundon has improved our scrummaging. No team has done a number on us scrum time, and CB's bested some quality tightheads this year although offering little around the park.
Doak wasnt the problem then.... Hows Queens going?
Queens were 3rd in 2A but lost away to Armagh today so they are down to 4th or 5th
So Doak 0 Faloon 1 today
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

He was smiling in his glass box....fecking smiling as another Pub team embarrassed us.
I don’t give a flying fcuk who replaces him. Right now I’d take Kevin Spacey in a Jimmy Saville tracksuit with a Gary Glitter album under his arm and a Swastika draped around his shoulders.
Hell Pierce Morgan, or Clarkson would be less unpopular and could certainly handle questions better.
He may be a fine human being, but he’s destroying this club and he clearly doesn’t have a clue how to turn things around. I firmly believe we win in spite of him, not because of him. He needs to go and ANYONE who supports his retention should be culled along with him.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

He was laughing on the interview.... must have seen something funny.. it was a good win and seemingly he thinks we’ll be somewhere by the end of the season... I think it’s him that needs to be somewhere.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Wenger out

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cockatrice wrote:At the risk of sounding repetitive I think we all need to remember that KISS came here after not one but two world wide searches ...
Has someone mentioned it before? :scratch:
Cockatrice wrote: in which every coach in world rugby at all levels was evaluated and given a score...
It should have been obvious that a bung to any coach worth his salt should have been a lot more than £20. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
A straight talker.

Indeed he did Ger, some malcontent sent me a link to the audio of Logan addressing a crowd of business people who pretend to give a feck about their fellow man, something about bringing Christianity to Business.

In fairness, he spoke about his early life and career saying "everything I touched seemed to turn to gold", how is that going for you at Ulster Shane?

Still, his own testimony was not only detailing his business career, he also imparted much about his failures in life.

My credulity was stretched listening to the whole thing, I wondered are his audience deluded or is Shane?

Have no objection to folk (not FOLK) deriving whatever comfort they can from their beliefs, no matter how bizarre others may find them, it's just something I can't even begin to rationalise as being remotely credible.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:
Wee Woman wrote:
A straight talker.

Indeed he did Ger, some malcontent sent me a link to the audio of Logan addressing a crowd of business people who pretend to give a feck about their fellow man, something about bringing Christianity to Business.

In fairness, he spoke about his early life and career saying "everything I touched seemed to turn to gold", how is that going for you at Ulster Shane?

Still, his own testimony was not only detailing his business career, he also imparted much about his failures in life.

My credulity was stretched listening to the whole thing, I wondered are his audience deluded or is Shane?

Have no objection to folk (not FOLK) deriving whatever comfort they can from their beliefs, no matter how bizarre others may find them, it's just something I can't even begin to rationalise as being remotely credible.
m

Baggy... I think it is him that is diluded.... not one ounce of credibility which has since washed into UR with BS to keep us all happy.. he saved BP from closure surely he can turn UR around..
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Who is bringing the Kiss and Logan Out banner to the next game?

>you_rock

Nothing but keyboard warriors the lot of you.
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Fcuk up or I'll bate the face aff ye with my iPad.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Tender wrote:Fcuk up or I'll bate the face aff ye with my iPad.

KALOUT!!!

KALOUT!!!
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Said it before Les can go without needing replaced, the rest of the structure can work without a DoR. Bring in a junior coach to do defence at much lower cost