Moore To Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Re: Moore To Ulster

Post by therealspratt »

I'll say it quietly but when he was fit and firing(as remarkably rare as that was), Deccie Fitz was a much better player than Herbst. He was at least international level, I don't know if Herbst is.
Last edited by therealspratt on Fri Nov 24, 2017 11:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
ColinM wrote:
Dave wrote:Herbst injury prone but decent
RAY just injury prone
I'm beginning to wonder if Herbst is actually decent, I used to think so.

Sort of a Saffa Deccy Fitz
Herbst played 24 games in his first season then 15 in each of the last 2 seasons, 9 this season.

Not exactly a sick note, especially in that position, but he seems to be missing an awful lot which is not what you want from your project. Certainly, 15 games a year for a frontline player not called up for international duty is a poor return, you'd want 20 at least, 25 plus ideal.
I'm actually surprised by these stats, however maybe that aligns with my view that he started off with promise (young for a prop, but doing well), but has since become slightly more anonymous.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cornerfleg wrote:
Dave wrote:Just clear out the daves.
Or as we also refer to it ... mass genocide!
the Germans tried that it doesn't work..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ColinM wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
ColinM wrote:
Dave wrote:Herbst injury prone but decent
RAY just injury prone
I'm beginning to wonder if Herbst is actually decent, I used to think so.

Sort of a Saffa Deccy Fitz
Herbst played 24 games in his first season then 15 in each of the last 2 seasons, 9 this season.

Not exactly a sick note, especially in that position, but he seems to be missing an awful lot which is not what you want from your project. Certainly, 15 games a year for a frontline player not called up for international duty is a poor return, you'd want 20 at least, 25 plus ideal.
I'm actually surprised by these stats, however maybe that aligns with my view that he started off with promise (young for a prop, but doing well), but has since become slightly more anonymous.
I think Herbst was excellent when the scrum laws changed. He was a good shape (or.lack of shape) and was able to quickly adapt to take advantage of the new style of scrummaging. Since then, front rows have caught up and developed techniques to counteract those advantages.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

re Herbst... there was a time when he was a penalty machine that found it difficult to stay on his feet...
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I think Herbst is gash, waste a project
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

He came here with a rep that he was a quality scrummager. Another one hyped up.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:He came here with a rep that he was a quality scrummager. Another one hyped up.
Wait til u see the Hond operate.. the real deal or baggy isn’t as gay as he says.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:re Herbst... there was a time when he was a penalty machine that found it difficult to stay on his feet...
I'm pretty sure that was his second season, having persevered with him this long I'd keep him but look to cut his salary or get shot. He is just another Project who hasn't been good enough, though in fairness when we got him there was a severe TH shortage and not great depth in props all in all.

As for Hond, I have seen him play tolerably for the Kings during last SR season and scrummage well...................have also seen him look like a togged out spectator in a muddy jumper.

I'm as always "Mr Brightside" :lol: :lol: :lol: so I will wait and see but first noises about him have not been good....................indeed, rank.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Nearly everyone we sign is shyte....
Pretty much everyone we home grow is shyter....
We bulk our numbers with players Lienster said were shyte....
We've a shyte head coach...
A Shyte band...
A shyte team...
A trophy cabinet built for keeping shyte in...
7 shyte commandments....
A shyte DJ from a shyte radio station...

The only ones deluded here are us ... for some reason the brain trust here seems to think we have the potential to be awesome!
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

Great Wifi though....
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Can we sing, We’re Shyte and we know we are, at the start tonight instead of the plastic Suftum?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

We could .... but I bet we'd be shyte at it ...
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cornerfleg wrote:Nearly everyone we sign is shyte....
Pretty much everyone we home grow is shyter....
We bulk our numbers with players Lienster said were shyte....
We've a shyte head coach...
A Shyte band...
A shyte team...
A trophy cabinet built for keeping shyte in...
7 shyte commandments....
A shyte DJ from a shyte radio station...

The only ones deluded here are us ... for some reason the brain trust here seems to think we have the potential to be awesome!
Who is the Keeper of The Brain, Fleg? Are they to be mocked mercilessly or pitied.

I was one of those punters who for many tears thought that if only we could get a decent coach, a decent backrow etc etc, we might just be decent.

Now I have this in my mind every time I trudge up the steps of the Memorial Stan'
abandon.jpg
abandon.jpg (40.87 KiB) Viewed 1003 times
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Rodders is out of contract end of season, herbst is contracted til season end 2019. If MM can stay injury free it’s a good signing for UR. I trust Gibbs to rebuild the pack, and look forward to an end of season Black Friday esque “Dave clearance”.