I suppose we have a game this week...

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: I suppose we have a game this week...

Post by Dave »

Gwan the GLU
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Neill_M wrote:Jonathan Bradley‏ @JBradleyBT · 1 hour ago

Rory Best, Sean Reidy, Stuart McCloskey and Chris Henry back for Ulster this week according to Dwayne Peel.
You mean we've a game THIS week too? :shock:

Will it be on TV?

After last week's showing, will K.O. time be after 9pm watershed?

Think of the childer! :shock:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:I'm not sure the players can take a great deal of professional pride out of either performance.

I also don't buy the implication that they made Les look as silly as possible but with a view to winning both matches with last-gasp tries.

If they wanted him out, they would have lost.

Why those players don't want him out or if it's the best thing for Ulster are different questions altogether.
Justin, I think you are confusing the lads with wendyballists where I know it's accepted that the players won't bother their shitebaxes if they hate the manager's guts.

Rugby players in my experience never play to lose, times of course when they are not exactly pumped up, but they don't throw games.

I think you are confusing their will to win with their will to play for the current, soon to be gone, DR.

I believe you have been helped. :D

Speaking of help, just a shame there is no thread here called "ask the expert", for I find myself in need of assistance.

I am considering getting my arsecrack waxed in an effort to stave off acquiring a shuck full of dingleberries on these mornings where it's too feckin' Baltic to have my daily shower without perishing and icicles hanging from my great kidney-polisher, all and any advice welcomed ............ though I suspect some of it will be as welcome as a dose of the Nobbies.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I suggested that Trimble would be off, alongside Cave, simply because the fuc'king idiot who selects the team seems determined to drive both out.

I know the GLU has struggled a bit this season but never ever doubt his desire to play and play well for Ulster.

To think either player would "want to leave" would be ludicrous, I have it on good information that they have been amongst the easiest players for Ulster to retain. Heard one's agent asked Humphries for an extra £5000 on the contract, Doc H said no, player reached for a pen and signed straight away.

It's good to have guys who would rather play here for less than they know they could get elsewhere. Hendy appears to be the first since Tommy to play the "want away" game. I hope he settles for something near his market value. We will, of course, be in the hands of Mr Nucibastard. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
damianmcr
Lord Chancellor

Post by damianmcr »

After that Cairns story Kiss and Nuicfora must be good mates. Sound like they would anyway. Being a crap coach is one thing. Being a bar steward is another.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Do Ulster have a match this weekend?
Is it on tv?
Is David Humphries playing?
Is Ferris back from injury?
Does anyone give a flying feck?
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

caledoniancelt wrote:Do Ulster have a match this weekend?
Is it on tv?
Is David Humphries playing?
Is Ferris back from injury?
Does anyone give a flying feck?
Humph to start at 12 , Matt Williams is targeting this game for a bonus point win. Ferris is unavailable due to a modelling gig with D&G.

It's on all local cinemas with moving pictures.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

When's the team announced?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Can we beat the mighty Dragons? I have to say I'm filled with doubt.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

wheres the apparently indestructible Van Diesel?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Ulster Rugby‏ @UlsterRugby · 17 minutes ago

Here’s what to expect from the team announcement in two hours:
3️ players return from international duty
2️ players to start for the first time
1️ player is back from injury
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

As for the game last week, did anyone notice that it was the 3 players on the bench with more than 600 caps between them who constructed the vital score, after the nippers in the pack had kept Ulster in the game.........just about?

I wonder too, why was there no journalistic reference, all week of the game, to the unique fact that our three back subs had a combined total of approx 620 caps between them. Is it simply that every journalist in the country missed this entirely unprecedented FACT or could it be that Kiss said he didn't want a big thing made of it? Indeed might he have demanded that the assembled journalists at the weekly presser would not refer to the unique fact, not even to suggest it was a wizard wheeze by the DOR to pull the team out of any potential hole?

I happen to know the answer, but I would be interested to see how many of the class get the correct answer. :roll:

I also happen to know the answer to this question: what happens to journalists who ignore the instructions of the DOR at pressers?

A: Nothing
B: they don't get invitations to non-regular press conferences & they don't get the standard embargoed early tip-off on signings to allow them to prepare & research for when the announcement comes.

Could the class please have their answers on my desk by 9.00 am tomorrow.

As an aside, did anyone notice that the incredibly reliable Louis Ludik had his first game in two years where he was largely ineffective? Just a shame there was not a natural 13 available or I'm sure the highly intelligent DOR would have selected him. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Even Gusher didn't remark on that piece of trivia.

As an aside, I thought Gusher was absolutely terrible last week. At one point he couldn't decipher if a particular player was Darren Cave or Alan O'Connor, and that was by his own admission.

FOJN
Last edited by Dave on Thu Nov 30, 2017 12:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
caledoniancelt
Initiate

Post by caledoniancelt »

Is that the Matt Williams from Lisburn who played for Wallace?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:As for the game last week, did anyone notice that it was the 3 players on the bench with more than 600 caps between them who constructed the vital score, after the nippers in the pack had kept Ulster in the game.........just about?

I wonder too, why was there no journalistic reference, all week of the game, to the unique fact that our three back subs had a combined total of approx 620 caps between them. Is it simply that every journalist in the country missed this entirely unprecedented FACT or could it be that Kiss said he didn't want a big thing made of it? Indeed might he have demanded that the assembled journalists at the weekly presser would not refer to the unique fact, not even to suggest it was a wizard wheeze by the DOR to pull the team out of any potential hole?

I happen to know the answer, but I would be interested to see how many of the class get the correct answer. :roll:

I also happen to know the answer to this question: what happens to journalists who ignore the instructions of the DOR at pressers?

A: Nothing
B: they don't get invitations to non-regular press conferences & they don't get the standard embargoed early tip-off on signings to allow them to prepare & research for when the announcement comes.

Could the class please have their answers on my desk by 9.00 am tomorrow.

As an aside, did anyone notice that the incredibly reliable Louis Ludik had his first game in two years where he was largely ineffective? Just a shame there was not a natural 13 available or I'm sure the highly intelligent DOR would have selected him. :roll: :roll: :roll:
Ive been flagging your second question for weeks now

Disney stopped the LA Times from gaining access to press screenings of new movies because they critiscised their tax deal in Anaheim

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk