Time for Logan to go

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Time for Logan to go

Post by Cockatrice »

pwrmoore wrote:
Cockatrice wrote: Of course a quick check at Company House shows that no such person was ever listed as a Director of either the RNIB or RNIB (NI)... and as rooster says the RNIB CEO just recently retired which is the mistake I made in my original post.
But is there not a difference between being on the board of directors with legal responsibility for the oversight of a company and holding the job title of "Director" which may or many not indicate that you are on the board of directors but generally means you have significant day-to-day management responsibility for all (or part of) said company?
Paul… correct and I even know one or two that carry the same title whilst working in the corridors of government being directors of their various departments and or services.

Indeed did you know that the person in question was a Director in the Youth Justice Agency between 2004 and 2010 a not insignificant position yet one not widely reported if at all in the frenzy of information that came out at the time of the appointment.

What of course was highlighted was General Manager of H&W followed by Head of Coca Cola in Central Russia and then Managing Director of BP ending up as Chief Executive Officer for the RNIB.

Yet for six years immediately leading up to the announcement working for a body of the Northern Ireland Executive. For me I see nothing to be ashamed off in saying that is what I was and this is what I did but maybe it was the press that sold us the dream.

How many of those other big four are true and why did the press overlook six years of government employment at senior level. I would love to hear if any have changed their views since way back when one or two posters including some no longer with us exposed a few gaps in the roles above...

Anyway penned FOI to the RNIB, the RNIB (NI) and also to one of the shell companies that RNIB operate under in Norn Iron so hopefully the response will provide clarification although not pinning my hopes on the shell company getting back any time soon.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

He was a non-executive Director at Youth Justice Agency which was a part time appointment and did not include any executive duties. Not a key appointment but certainly public spirited. I met him there a few times in a professional capacity (not as young offender!). He was quite quiet at meetings I attended.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Sent an invite to a Business Leaders Forum (the document on download is interestingly called booking Shane Logan) with Shane Logan a snip at £25 per head.

He is introduced as being the CEO of UR since 2010 having worked in a number of different industry sectors. On leaving school he apparently went to study law at Manchester before working overseas. Now what does study law at university mean? does it suggest qualified or simply studied a bit and didn't pass any exams? According to Shane of course he didn't leave school and go to university he left and joined the army where he created history not once but in fact twice. His other appointments included..
Managing Director of Coco-Cola in Siberia
Managing Director BP (franchise) in NI
Head of a Blind Charity

If anyone wonders were Kiss gets the BS from then the above is a clue. Note to Gibbes you are surrounded by Walter Mitty's get on to D4 and tell them you want the overhaul that FEZ is calling for...
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

FOSL
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Vanhelsing
Novice

Post by Vanhelsing »

Baggy and what did Doc Dave bring to the table?
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Afoa, Muller, Pienaar, Wannenberg.....
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I would like to correct a mistake.... I previously suggested that our CIC may not have coached at Bangor RFC and for that I apologise... He coached Bangor U20's to a successful season in winning the U-20 cup (sorry I don't know the cup name) in 1992. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those players went on to represent Ulster...
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Cockatrice wrote:I would like to correct a mistake.... I previously suggested that our CIC may not have coached at Bangor RFC and for that I apologise... He coached Bangor U20's to a successful season in winning the U-20 cup (sorry I don't know the cup name) in 1992. I wouldn't be surprised if some of those players went on to represent Ulster...
In that case, 8 more years!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wonder how their defence was that year?

Maybe he is as talented as he suggests but we have him in the wrong position. I rather believe the "embattled CEO" may well be the defence coach miracle to save the bacon of the "embattled DOR".

G'wan Shano. G'wan, g'wan, g'wan.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Where the feck are you... you sad excuse for a leader of men..

The youngest GM in the history of H&W
The youngest commissioned officer ever in the British Army
Responsible for building Coke-Cola from ZERO to $50B in just one year
Managing Director of the world 12th biggest company (by revenue)

how in Gods name did you ever arrive at UR

You have misled many with your economics of the truth.. either get on the bike or do the decent thing any take that service pistol (the one you used in the Royal Marines during Goose Green) and do the decent thing..
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:Where the feck are you... you sad excuse for a leader of men..

You have misled many with your economics of the truth.. either get on the bike or do the decent thing any take that service pistol (the one you used in the Royal Marines during Goose Green) and do the decent thing..
Some of this is harsh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Where the feck are you... you sad excuse for a leader of men..

Some of this is harsh

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
which bit russ and I will retract..