Time for Logan to go

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: Time for Logan to go

Post by bazzaj »

Cockatrice wrote:He is simply a D4 plant long before Kiss.. he sits and passes bits of paper from one desk to another, turns up at the odd meeting, does what his paymasters in D4 expect from him but at least he now stays off the TV with stupid promises. Setting aside the big Walter Mitty stuff...

He claimed to coach at Bangor yet I know several players at Bangor that are puzzled when you ask which team he coached.

I was speaking to a guy yesterday who worked with him for a firm in Hollywood for 2-3 years yet that firm never appeared on his somewhat fluid CV.

He was never the Director of the RNIB the job from which he stepped to take this role. That job is held by the same person today as it was then.

All irrelevant shyte and others will tell me to wise up, wind my neck in and for god sake stop going over the same thing time and time again because we all know it... Well for me that sums it all up, we know it and we accept it because that is the Ulster Way.

On the Ulster Way I agree with Kofi on part-time funded jobs and I recall one person whose funded coaching job was coming to an end and they then moved him into another non coaching funded job. They made the qualifications to fit him into the job and everyone is happy..
He coached the Bangor u20s side which won the Ulster cup.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote: He was never the Director of the RNIB the job from which he stepped to take this role. That job is held by the same person today as it was then.

Cockers me ould mate, I'm afraid you are wrong on this one, the current Director of RNIB NI has been in post since 2012, The Commander in Chief has been in post at UR since Jan 2010.

INdeed it appears that another individual had the post between the two.

Of course this in no way influence whether or not Il Supremo has been in post too long, with little tangible benefit on the pro team playing side of things, and there can be no doubt that things have happened on his watch that has been outrageous, the most obvious being the long-running coaching feud, but the shambles in the Academy took far too long to get to grips with & many would suggest it is not yet Fit for purpose, though at least it is an area that has significantly improved, albeit the report card would read: "Must do better".
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_u ... 382867.stm

there you go... Seems that I made the simple mistake of suggesting that he had called himself Director of the RNIB when in fact what he had called himself (or at least we can once again blame the press) was Chief Executive of the Royal National Institute of the Blind (position that probably doesn't exist in Northern Ireland but nonetheless)..

Probably all very similar to signing the wrong Fijian prop as there is of course the position of Director RNIB (NI) which of course isn't CEO of the RNIB.
Last edited by Cockatrice on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Just can't trust the press, eh? :roll:

Who'da thunk?
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

DIRECTOR OF THE RNIB OUT
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

The CEO of RNIB for the time in question was Lesley-Anne Alexander until she retired last month, job for Logie ?

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Just can't trust the press, eh? :roll:

Who'da thunk?
No you certainly can't trust themuns...

Director, NI or otherwise, CEO or whatever is nearly as hard to get ones head around as the number of job title changes shared out at KIngspan... I mean some people still think Jonno is the Head Coach and no one will own up to Defence Coach for gods sake.

Of course a quick check at Company House shows that no such person was ever listed as a Director of either the RNIB or RNIB (NI)... and as rooster says the RNIB CEO just recently retired which is the mistake I made in my original post.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:Just can't trust the press, eh? :roll:

Who'da thunk?
I've seen more accuracy in an Ulster team

Just not recently
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Is he out yet?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Yes, he first met Gerrard when in Dubai scouting locations for the next RWC. He was sent because of his local knowledge and linguistic prowess. Gerrard, a set designer for Heinz commercials, was with his then partner Simon a Poodle Groomer from Paddington.
Gerrard and our chief became firm friends when Gerrard's purse accidentally fell from a nightclub balcony onto the CEO's table and they discovered a mutual interest in rare coins and scented French letters.
They'be kept their love a secret up to now, but felt empowered by Kevin Spacey's recent admission of his preference for fudge and fiddling, thus deciding to declare their love and apologise to the Poodle Groomer, who has withdrawn from public life entirely and taken up a post with Ulster Rugby's PR Dept where he will see out his remaining days in silent obscurity.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

I had been wondering what Stevie G had been doing recently.
I'm not arguing -
10 or 15 only
Initiate

Post by 10 or 15 only »

Have you been looking around the Killie's rugby park then, good Captain.
Don't think he made the transfer this week.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:I had been wondering what Stevie G had been doing recently.
The DJ in the coach or the liverpudlian?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
pwrmoore
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by pwrmoore »

Cockatrice wrote: Of course a quick check at Company House shows that no such person was ever listed as a Director of either the RNIB or RNIB (NI)... and as rooster says the RNIB CEO just recently retired which is the mistake I made in my original post.
But is there not a difference between being on the board of directors with legal responsibility for the oversight of a company and holding the job title of "Director" which may or many not indicate that you are on the board of directors but generally means you have significant day-to-day management responsibility for all (or part of) said company?
Paul.

C'mon Ulsterrrrrrrrr! :red: