The Disappeared 2018-19 season

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Re: The Disappeared 2018-19 season

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Sue Dename wrote:Bulk or skill- what comes first?
Two years ago Sid Millar ripped Kieran Campbell to shreds over the obsession of bulk over skill.
He used the NZ model of teaching and developing skill first, and bulking up later.

There is probably a happy medium, only our beanpoles don't have natural Maori physicality.
Link to that story please ?
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Cockatrice
You recognised the Fit speech as B/S the first time you heard it.

The world and his neighbour knew then, what is obvious now,at the time the speech was made Ulster underage was never producing enough players to create an all winning side that would dominate for decades .

The management brought in Muller and Peinaar and Payne to boost the available squad it nearly worked, but players of that quality don't become available to often.

So give it a rest FFS.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Tell that to F1
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

There is a F1 thread.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:Nicely put Ger. I suspect many or a few are taking the FOLK approach, trying to sound like they know what they’re saying whilst being half-assed or at best sketchy about the actual processes.

I have note a single lulu about how we attempt to develop kids and for that reason....I’m out.
you and Kiss both.....
Yes Cockers, but only I am out ........................FOLK.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:There is a F1 thread.
There are 2 now

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Two years ago Sid Millar ripped Kieran Campbell to shreds over the obsession of bulk over skill.
He used the NZ model of teaching and developing skill first, and bulking up later.

There is probably a happy medium, only our beanpoles don't have natural Maori physicality.
I witnessed it!
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Sue Dename wrote:
Gerald the Mole wrote:

I witnessed it!
Is there a link for you witnessing it? lol
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Jackie Brown
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Jackie Brown »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Jackie Brown wrote:Nope, I have a life

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Then your talking out off your hole

I don't see how we can compare Matty Rea with O''Donohuhue with 70 plus caps for Munster

Ps, Matty Rea is not from a Belfast school, shock horror , there goes the myth.
The fact he was AWOL against by far the weakest team in the league says more than I ever could. Hope I'm wrong but looks to me like he can only dream of reaching Clive Ross's level.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
Gonna Party Like It's 1999
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

There is more in Rea -- than there is in you Jackie.

To be honest when Professional Rugby started I never had great hopes in Ulster but was looking forward to seeing professional and International players on a regular basis and that is what the Pro14 and the ERC does on a weekly basis.

Sometimes the games will be good and frequently they will be dross ( because the game is played at a pace where mistakes will occur and because of this it instills a low risk approach to the game ) but in every game there maybe a moment to savour.

And rugby is the only professional sport in Ireland which ensures that International players maybe watched every week - Irish league football, Hockey, Ice Hockey .

Learn to expect just a moment of magic in 79 minutes of dross.
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

O'Donoghue and Rea is a silly comparison really, O'Donoghue had been on the radar for a long time as a top tier back row prospect for both Munster and Ireland. Rea on the other hand came through our system as a 2nd rower playing for the Ulster u20s there, but was ultimately passed over by the academy possibly to do with his size as a second rower, he's worked very hard since it would seem and here he is now.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Surely it's only a matter of time until a paramedic puts a blanket around his shoulders and ushers him safely back to whatever care facility he wandered away from.
One reasonable post amongst 79 turds
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Wise words Ron’n
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dharper
Steward

Post by Dharper »

Talking of blankets around shoulders, and ushering back to care facilities.....Les looked and spoke like a man “right on the edge”, during his post kings match interview. Really didn’t give off the impression of a leader with a strategy, more “dead man walking” territory.....don’t think I’ve seen him any more desperate in an interview....and he has had some shockers!
againstthehead
Lord Chancellor

Post by againstthehead »

rumncoke wrote:There is more in Rea -- than there is in you Jackie.

To be honest when Professional Rugby started I never had great hopes in Ulster but was looking forward to seeing professional and International players on a regular basis and that is what the Pro14 and the ERC does on a weekly basis.

Sometimes the games will be good and frequently they will be dross ( because the game is played at a pace where mistakes will occur and because of this it instills a low risk approach to the game ) but in every game there maybe a moment to savour.

And rugby is the only professional sport in Ireland which ensures that International players maybe watched every week - Irish league football, Hockey, Ice Hockey .

Learn to expect just a moment of magic in 79 minutes of dross.
We've been lucky to have the likes of Ruan and even big fat Nick Williams. Pure entertainment. Charlie is good value when he is on form. Up front we lack players that can smash someone or go on a rampaging run which is a shame. You could always guarantee a big home performance in the hec but I fear we are too weak now to even achieve that against top sides.
Climb up onto the top of your house and start screaming: 'stand up for the Ulstermen, stand.......'