Kings vs Ulster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Kings vs Ulster

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:which is worse the real one or the continuity one?
Continuity is basically only us in there

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Deraless wrote:Let's get behind the URSC bakebook page come what may, like true fans. Stop being so negative, they're doing their best.

I'm glad I think that as it's exactly what I think.
I'm easily confused at my age, I thought the buck eejits hung out on Ulster Ragby's bakebook, but it appears that either there is another asylum of loons on URSC bakebook, or there 2 factions of clart or are they one & the same people or indeed, the final option, confined to URSC?

Being a member of URSC (but not its bakebook) I am somewhat concerned in the most Grouchoesque way that I don't wish to be a member of any club that would have a man such as I, but more importantly, I feel association with the such a gang of gargoyles may damage my reputation as a serious rugby commentator................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
There is indeed a URSC Bakebook Baggy, but being a member of URSC neither requires nor expects you to even know that (although clearly you now do) let alone join it.

Like you, I am a member of URSC, but wouldn't know a Bakebook page if it hit me up the bake! I don't feel I'm missing anything.

And just to confuse things even more, there are actually several thousand bakebookers on URSC bakebook who are not members of URSC, but just hang out there for some reason without ever feeling the urge to join URSC. And the nice URSC members who are also URSC Bakebookers, allow them.

Is the "Nice" thread still around?
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Cockatrice wrote:which is worse the real one or the continuity one?
Continuity one is just a pisss take for when the other closes down to clean up drunken posting.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Dave wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:I like the one debating why McBurney and Locan Dow are not getting game time, "oh he is injured and if not why is he not getting game time" when mentioned that he was in squad and came on the last 10 he stated , Oh, I had my fingers over my eyes as I could not watch the last 10 minutes , right go fûck off you lying piece of shít, obviously you never watched the game and are a Mr Knob. No one else cared to mention Dow got the chop last year, because they are morons.

Any way the sooner Ian Humphries is fit the better, great 12 and we miss him
There was a bakebooker who slated everyone complaining about the Treviso performance a few weeks back. When asked if he actually watched the game, he stated that he did not because he was at the Giants.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Was that on the official bakebook?

I assume you mean Zebre performance.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

thecrouch wrote:
Dave wrote:
Kofi Annan wrote:I like the one debating why McBurney and Locan Dow are not getting game time, "oh he is injured and if not why is he not getting game time" when mentioned that he was in squad and came on the last 10 he stated , Oh, I had my fingers over my eyes as I could not watch the last 10 minutes , right go fûck off you lying piece of shít, obviously you never watched the game and are a Mr Knob. No one else cared to mention Dow got the chop last year, because they are morons.

There was a bakebooker who slated everyone complaining about the Treviso performance a few weeks back. When asked if he actually watched the game, he stated that he did not because he was at the Giants.
Image Image Image Image

URSC bakebook. I think it was the Treviso game because he couldn't understand the complaints because we won. Despite an atrocious second half in which we almost through it away.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

Dave wrote:
thecrouch wrote:
Dave wrote:

Image Image Image Image

URSC bakebook. I think it was the Treviso game because he couldn't understand the complaints because we won. Despite an atrocious second half in which we almost through it away.
Ah I remember that post now.

The people on URSC probably think I'm a Warren Gatland, but it's just because I can't help but reply to the goons who think we'll be able to happy clap our way out of this current mess, or that we just need to post a few more SUFTUMs to turn ourselves into the next Saracens. :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

The one that seriously triggers me is when the words "not", "true" and "fan" are placed in juxtaposition when someone dare criticise "the lads". They believe when SL blows the whistle we should all run unquestioning into the mustard gas.
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

The word 'Fan' I normally associate with Sofa Soccer stars, who seldom make the effort to see the team which they think they support. The same team they refer to using the possessive plural 'We' or 'Us' and in most cases a team chosen at random because of that teams perceived success.
I'm a fan of Tayto Cheese'n'Onion, Guinness, Fillet Steak, Lamb Madras, Man Love, Blue Planet11, B.B.King, R.E.M, Early Snow Patrol and Lynyrd Skynyrd etc, but when it comes to Ulster Rugby I count myself as a supporter.
Most of us on here are likely not fans, but ardent Supporters of Ulster Rugby, so for some Bakebookballix to spout 'Not a true Fan' because we exercise the right to be critical of the team we actually SUPPORT, is just one more reason to stay away from Bakebook,Twatter et al.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Tender wrote:The word 'Fan' I normally associate with Sofa Soccer stars, who seldom make the effort to see the team which they think they support. The same team they refer to using the possessive plural 'We' or 'Us' and in most cases a team chosen at random because of that teams perceived success.
I'm a fan of Tayto Cheese'n'Onion, Guinness, Fillet Steak, Lamb Madras, Man Love, Blue Planet11, B.B.King, R.E.M, Early Snow Patrol and Lynyrd Skynyrd etc, but when it comes to Ulster Rugby I count myself as a supporter.
Most of us on here are likely not fans, but ardent Supporters of Ulster Rugby, so for some Bakebookballix to spout 'Not a true Fan' because we exercise the right to be critical of the team we actually SUPPORT, is just one more reason to stay away from Bakebook,Twatter et al.
I am not a real fan, you are right Tender, I don't believe that I've ever called myself a "fan of Ulster Rugby", who knows I may have but I do regard myself as a supporter given my money over the counter allied to guldering and travelling occasionally when my meagre stipend stretches to it.

More seriously, "Early Snow Patrol" would that be before Mark McClelland left after "artistic differences" with Gary Lightbody otherwise known as "Mark not wanting to play commercial pop shyte"? In fairness to Gary, I like his writing and the music is ok, some excellent.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I hope those of us who profess to be supporters rather than fans also strive at all times to eschew the use of "we" when discussing the team. Does my head in that.

Can't be doing with Snow Play or Cold Patrol btw. It's my fear that they'll be playing that anodyne shyte when I'm dribbling in the nursing home.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I am most certainly guilty of using "we", not the Royal "we" of course, "we" as in weesins as distinct from themins.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

I associate "we" with middle-aged norn irn wendyballists discussing Man U and Liverpool on Monday mornings. It's only ever "we" if you were on the fecking pitch.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I guess Snow Patrol pre Simon's Stangulated Trousers Cowell.
They basically sold out for the wonga and haven't had a credible album since Eyes Open, which was more than ten years ago.
Re-fans, it boils my urine when toy tankers rave about ManUre and Chelski when they've never once made the effort to put down their fegs and the remote for their DLA funded (now universally capped at £25000) 63inch TVs and make the effort to go and gullder for 'Their Team' instead of scaring the cat and causing their plastic wives to spill their prozzshekkow or Penis greasio, whenever the commentator's hysterical screams momentarily lifts them outta their semi-comatose state.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Feck me Tender, I used to think I was an angry ould-lad but you are reaching places I can only frown at in my dreams. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Despite arguments on the use of "we" I've been invested in the occasional success & regular failure of Ulster for more decades than I can easily remember, so "we" it is for me, I'm entirely invested in it, if it goes well I've a skip in my step, when it's shyte I can be depressed for months.

I'll let you into a secret, when everyone goes apeshit over a poor performance & wants the entire organisation euthanised ................. I don't like it, not everyone involved is a useless ballix who doesn't care less about "your" happiness. I have no problem having a pop at those I feel are not good enough in whatever capacity they have but overall I hate the tarring of all with the wan brush. Selective hate is the way to go, not thrashing all round ye like a demented toddler. FOLK.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Being a child of the sixties, I was brought up to 'Spread the Love' and I do give it a go, but it can get thrown back in yer bake. So I believe in yin & yang, spread the love with equal amounts of hate.
If I'm honest, I don't really hate or love many things, but I'll vent and rant about everything, but mostly to get a rise outta those who are sleepwalking towards death.

Love ; Mrs, Son, myself, family, sex, good grub, Ulster, good music and good weather.

Hate ; Laziness, Politicians/Liars, Clarkson, I'm strictly a celebrity baking off on ice shore with no talent or voice in the X jungle, Nucifeckerwankbag, FIRFU, linfailed and cats.