Ulster v Leinster

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster v Leinster

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

BaggyTrousers wrote:Hold on Grumps, are you saying yer missus is turning out 3-4 year-old brickies. Did you mean 34?
nah - just meant motor, not mortor. :oops:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'll tell yis this, when I've shaken off my mortal coil and joined the bleedin' choir celestial, there will still be buys burning and grumping here for Ulster Ragby is the original Groundhog Day, same old shït year in year out.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

big mervyn wrote:
Rooster wrote:
bazzaj wrote:
I remember mine closures being blamed for the woes of the Welsh packs.
Similar we seemed to have lost our big farmer types.

Has something happened to cut our traditional supply of to Ballymena tough as teak farmers?
Question for Rooster I would have thought.
Less farms for a start also kids on farms and fathers getting older leading to lads having to make the choice to farm or not earlier and those who farm can just about handle training for club matches but not the time for academy, I know 2 who turned down academy selection but still play club rugby, hard as nails a prop and a back row.
More mechanised farming also leads to less natural muscle build up, used to be chucking bales of hay, cleaning out calf houses with graip and barrow now it's big round or square bales handled by loaders and calf pens cleaned out with machinery as well, less workers required for same end result, a six stone girl can do most farming jobs these days.
I was talking to a GAA clubman from South Down last week and he was complaining about exactlythe same things. No big strong country lads (or girls). He says they're all indoors playing computer games like the townies.
No more 50 kg meal bags and very few fertiliser bags, all bulk or 500kg stuff now except some 25 kg bags, but sure you carry one with each hand and if you need to carry 3 put one under one arm as well.
Feck it not even a crunch and grind gearbox to strengthen your wrists all automatic or semi automatic boxes now.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Amiga500
Warrior Chief

Post by Amiga500 »

Rooster wrote:No more 50 kg meal bags and very few fertiliser bags, all bulk or 500kg stuff now except some 25 kg bags, but sure you carry one with each hand and if you need to carry 3 put one under one arm as well.
Feck it not even a crunch and grind gearbox to strengthen your wrists all automatic or semi automatic boxes now.

How many fellas dung out a house now with a grape? Or spend a few hours on the hatchet cuttin wood for the winter? Or on the end of a sledge firing in posts?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Amiga500 wrote:
Rooster wrote:No more 50 kg meal bags and very few fertiliser bags, all bulk or 500kg stuff now except some 25 kg bags, but sure you carry one with each hand and if you need to carry 3 put one under one arm as well.

How many fellas dung out a house now with a grape? Or spend a few hours on the hatchet cuttin wood for the winter? Or on the end of a sledge firing in posts?
Very few if any
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
mid ulster maestro
Warrior Chief

Post by mid ulster maestro »

Thanks Russ.
When the bottom has fallen out of your world.
Take Enos and let the world fall out of your bottom!
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

There is a lot of sledging in posts on here.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
pg106
Initiate

Post by pg106 »

The province of Ulster has a fairly distinctive history of breeding fearless barstewards who are hard as nails and have a flair for leadership. Think Blair Mayne and Willy John McBride. We just don’t seem to make them the same anymore.
Kofi Annan
Lord Chancellor

Post by Kofi Annan »

pg106 wrote:The province of Ulster has a fairly distinctive history of breeding fearless barstewards who are hard as nails and have a flair for leadership. Think Blair Mayne and Willy John McBride. We just don’t seem to make them the same anymore.
I would still put Rory in there with that group to be fair, even the old warriors Jimmy McCoy, (he is still alive, isn't he?)

But then at the other scale you do have the likes of Shane Todd aka McGold dick, as weak as pîss after a night on harp.

I still hammer the odd post in, and use me chopper a bit, that wood won't cut its self.
“For the liespotter who knows how to listen well, the random words, sounds, and phrases in a person's speech are never as random as they seem. They offer a clear sightline into the liar's psyche.”
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Dennis McB, Robinson, McCoy, Hamilton, Smith, McKinney, Goodall, John's, Anderson, Miller, Carr, Matthews, Ferris, Wilson, Thompson, Davidson,Jimmy D, Best, Best, Lamont, I mean I could go on.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Yes Kofi, Jimmy still looks like he'd hold his own in the scrum. I see him around Bengor from time to time.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

One for the elderly in Co Down - you don't get too many Crosby Clelands to the hundredweight. Nor a whean of Neville Edgars or Calverts. Those were hard boys.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BaggyTrousers wrote:One for the elderly in Co Down - you don't get too many Crosby Clelands to the hundredweight. Nor a whean of Neville Edgars or Calverts. Those were hard boys.
There is essentially 3 parts to Co Down

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I know four verses.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.