La Rochelle Vs Ulster Sun 22/10/17 15.15 Sky Sports Action

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dublin4
Warrior Assassin

Re: La Rochelle Vs Ulster Sun 22/10/17 15.15 Sky Sports Acti

Post by Dublin4 »

While I was realistically optimistic for Ulster last week, I am realistically pessimistic this time round. I know little of this French team but they must have something to be going so well in the Top 14. Is this the first time a team so north of the rugby heartland and outside Paris has been in the European Cup?

You have nothing to lose and zero expectations from folk outside Ulster, so go for it

La Rochelle is a lovely place on the Atlantic with lots of history and the Ile de Re nearby. i have been on family holidays around there years ago.

i hope Leinster get to play there sometime.
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

Apart from his broken penis?
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:With potentially no AOC, I'd go for the following pack:

McCall
Herring
Herbst
Hendo
Treadwell
Reidy
Henry
Deysel

I wouldn't actually change the backs too much. DC in for Luke would be my personal preference. Although I thought Luke had a good game against Wasps. He could be used as impact.

I have to say that although I am mostly against it, Piutau at fullback and Stockdale on the left wing has seen both players combine together excellently. They are building up a good understanding and it's a combination that has reaped a few rewards.
AoC and Saft Saffa did the presser

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dublin4 wrote:While I was realistically optimistic for Ulster last week, I am realistically pessimistic this time round. I know little of this French team but they must have something to be going so well in the Top 14. Is this the first time a team so north of the rugby heartland and outside Paris has been in the European Cup?

You have nothing to lose and zero expectations from folk outside Ulster, so go for it

La Rochelle is a lovely place on the Atlantic with lots of history and the Ile de Re nearby. i have been on family holidays around there years ago.

Go away

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:

McCall
Herring
Herbst
Hendo
Treadwell
Reidy
Henry
Deysel

I wouldn't actually change the backs too much. DC in for Luke would be my personal preference. Although I thought Luke had a good game against Wasps. He could be used as impact.

I have to say that although I am mostly against it, Piutau at fullback and Stockdale on the left wing has seen both players combine together excellently. They are building up a good understanding and it's a combination that has reaped a few rewards.

200 caps or something for Kabbadiack
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

:shock: :shock: :shock: >crazy1
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:Previewing the LaRochelle game on FB live, so maybe he is considering going into punditry. Probably radio as his face might not fit TV.
I hope your Da is bigger than his Da. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:

McCall
Herring
Herbst
Hendo
Treadwell
Reidy
Henry
Deysel

200 caps or something for Kabbadiack
Is he related to Babbaganooooooooooooooooooooooooosh?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dave wrote:The Hond will make his debut. Off the bench probably.
He'd do well to get in front of Diddies, I love diddies................... in a manly sort of way.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

McCall
Herring
Herbst
Hendo
Treadwell
Reidy
Henry
Deysel

I concur entirely.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Dublin4 wrote:While I was realistically optimistic for Ulster last week, I am realistically pessimistic this time round. I know little of this French team but they must have something to be going so well in the Top 14. Is this the first time a team so north of the rugby heartland and outside Paris has been in the European Cup?

I think you are correct on the geography question D4, interesting that Lyon are heading the Top14 early doors, also removed from the southern heartland ............though they do have fabulous wine to their credit.

Ulster this weekend? Absolutely no chance, anything other than 5-0 will astonish me, I expect Stade Rochelais to win this group at a canter, comprised as it is with three mediocre teams and the most fluent attractive side in France.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
Dave wrote:The Hond will make his debut. Off the bench probably.
He'd do well to get in front of Diddies, I love diddies................... in a manly sort of way.
He will but it will be nice to have two decent loosies. Hopefully that is, provided he's not a dave. Warwick appears AIL standard and Black is coffee shap material.
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

You can read what you want into these stats:

La Rochelle at home this season:
v ASM W 51-20
v Oyonnax W 57-12
v R92 W 16-9

Ulster away this season:
v Treviso W 14-21
v Zebre L 27-23

As mentioned above, any points would be a bonus from this game.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Neill_M wrote:You can read what you want into these stats:

La Rochelle at home this season:
v ASM W 51-20
v Oyonnax W 57-12
v R92 W 16-9

Ulster away this season:
v Treviso W 14-21
v Zebre L 27-23

As mentioned above, any points would be a bonus from this game.
According to the Bel Tel, they lead the way in meters gained and offloads in the top 14.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:[quote="
... interesting that Lyon are heading the Top14 early doors, also removed from the southern heartland ............
Although i would suggest only 4 clubs in the T14 are now from the southern heartland. A sad reality, that there is only so much money any region can obtain from benefactors.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk