Team to play Zebre.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Team to play Zebre.

Post by Cockatrice »

Bart S wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:ahhh ..... if only our players could open defences like they can open coffee shops.
Well as long as the boys were able to bring back a couple of new types of coffee bean for Guilt Trip, then the Italian weekend was a success for them... :roll:
we have some of the best Baristas in the Pro 14.. minimum requirement for a job with UR these days.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The players attitude was fine but we tried too hard:

Elaborating on making so many mistakes, Kiss said: “I think it’s a collective of things. “I think the guys’ attitude was fine, and maybe they tried too hard at times and forced elements of the game to try and break open Zebre."

FOLK
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:The players attitude was fine but we tried too hard:

Elaborating on making so many mistakes, Kiss said: “I think it’s a collective of things. “I think the guys’ attitude was fine, and maybe they tried too hard at times and forced elements of the game to try and break open Zebre."

FOLK
I agree - their attitude was grand. It was their feckin handling and tackling that was the problem. Their P7 coaches should hang their collective heads in shame.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:

FOLK
I agree - their attitude was grand. It was their feckin handling and tackling that was the problem. Their P7 coaches should hang their collective heads in shame.
Tried too hard though. The answer is, don't try.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:
BR wrote:

FOLK
Tried too hard though. The answer is, don't try.
Did he mention WHAT they were trying to do?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote: Did he mention WHAT they were trying to do?
To the players? Did he forget to mention they should catch and tackle?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

BR wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:We were told this year that the players would be allowed the freedom to play what is in front of them... I presume some of that involves being able to adapt and adjust accordingly.. we are headless chicken.
Indeed, but obviously that doesn't/shouldn't mean 15 players doing their own thing.

As one example, on a number of occasions the Zebre 9 sniped down an unmanned blindside from a set scrum. That takes more than one player changing what he does in order to counteract.

Did the coaches highlight it, but the players didn't respond? Did the coaches provide the team with a viable defensive system to use in such circumstances, but the players failed to implement what was in their arsenal?

Signs this season that players are playing heads-up, but that needs to variation within a wider plan (especially in defence). If wider plan A is found wanting can players (as a unit) swap to wider plan B? Do they need approval from the sidelines? If they don't have the smarts to change, can the coaches make the call for them and will they respond?

Like i said, the root cause of that problem could lie in one or more of many places.
Went out for drinks with the Zebre nine after. He's a top lad who loves his rugby

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

I once dated twin sisters who happened to be nurses...
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.