Team to play Zebre.

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Team to play Zebre.

Post by Cockatrice »

5 more years baggy 5 more years.... I reckon Gibbes will go first
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:Where does the buck stop?
For everything: Fit who should now sack KISS asap ....................and then resign for his utter failure to dominate World Rugby.

For Rugby: FOLK - soonest sacked, soonest mended.

Oh, and we don;t need a DOR, let coaches coach & Bryn look after the rest of it.

FOLK
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
scrum5
Lord Chancellor

Post by scrum5 »

Cockatrice wrote:5 more years baggy 5 more years.... I reckon Gibbes will go first
If Gibbes goes before Kiss, then I will be joining him.... :shock:
In memory of Nevin Spence 1990- 15th Sept. 2012
Axel..... 30 October 1973 - 16 October 2016
Pedrie Wannenburg. 2 January 1981 - 22 April 2022.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

solidarity wrote:I feel the same Crouchie. Of all the defeats recently in recent years, this ranks among the very worst. Rugby can be as complex a game as any, but catching a ball and running with it, then giving it to someone wearing the same coloured shirt is not rocket science. The defeat may have something to do with team selection or tactics, but while Ulster players cannot catch a ball, run with it and give it to another Ulster player, we haven't a hope.
Nah - doesn't compare to Edinburgh last year.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Cockatrice wrote:5 more years baggy 5 more years.... I reckon Gibbes will go first
If he has any feckin sense.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote:
solidarity wrote:I feel the same Crouchie. Of all the defeats recently in recent years, this ranks among the very worst. Rugby can be as complex a game as any, but catching a ball and running with it, then giving it to someone wearing the same coloured shirt is not rocket science. The defeat may have something to do with team selection or tactics, but while Ulster players cannot catch a ball, run with it and give it to another Ulster player, we haven't a hope.
BR you really have a blind spot about that Embra game last season, we played 25 minutes of good rugby once that dullard FOLK made the obvious changes and ditched Babs & Heron.

In Treviso & Parma combined we didn't come close to 25 minutes of good rugby, maybe 10 maximum in 160 minutes of utter shyte.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:
BR you really have a blind spot about that Embra game last season, we played 25 minutes of good rugby once that dullard FOLK made the obvious changes and ditched Babs & Heron.

In Treviso & Parma combined we didn't come close to 25 minutes of good rugby, maybe 10 maximum in 160 minutes of utter shyte.
That Edinburgh game was a new low to what was already a feckin abysmal season.

This season has been different.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
thecrouch
Chancellor to the King

Post by thecrouch »

BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:

This season has been worse than last season results wise so far.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

And we still have two spankings to look forward to in Saffrika. Mid table mediocrity awaits.

FOLK NOW
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Some serious points

Ref watch He must be the worst ref we have had in a the last 3 years refereed the scrums as if it were the under 13s . Never stop Zebre from being offside Nigel Owens at least tells poeple to get back to avoid giving penalties and to let the game flow. The game was stop start full of minor infringements being penalised and big ones being missed.

The biggest being the Ludic incident having watched it a number of times there are possibly 3 offences

1 Ludic was tackled with out the ball ? ( not very clear as to whether he had it )
or
2 Ludic was subject to a high tackle
or
3 ludic was subject to a no arms tackle

OF the 3 the last is the most obvious any of the 3 are a penalty offence and the the last two a card offence because there is no way in the world the Zebre player was going for the ball at the time of contact.

In the last try a Zebre player deliberately interfered with CP when he chasing two things are evident being a deliberate act ( it should have been a penalty offence regardless of the question would CP have stopped the try {which I doubt } and CP doesn't even ask the ref to look at it because he realises the ref is a dough head .

I have yet to review the disallowed Ulster try (but I'm seriously believe he made the wrong call for a number of reasons to be continued .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Some serious points

Ref watch He must be the worst ref we have had in a the last 3 years refereed the scrums as if it were the under 13s . Never stop Zebre from being offside Nigel Owens at least tells poeple to get back to avoid giving penalties and to let the game flow. The game was stop start full of minor infringements being penalised and big ones being missed.

The biggest being the Ludic incident having watched it a number of times there are possibly 3 offences

1 Ludic was tackled with out the ball ? ( not very clear as to whether he had it )
or
2 Ludic was subject to a high tackle
or
3 ludic was subject to a no arms tackle

OF the 3 the last is the most obvious any of the 3 are a penalty offence and the the last two a card offence because there is no way in the world the Zebre player was going for the ball at the time of contact.

In the last try a Zebre player deliberately interfered with CP when he chasing two things are evident being a deliberate act ( it should have been a penalty offence regardless of the question would CP have stopped the try {which I doubt } and CP doesn't even ask the ref to look at it because he realises the ref is a dough head .

I have yet to review the disallowed Ulster try (but I'm seriously believe he made the wrong call for a number of reasons to be continued .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Cornerfleg
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cornerfleg »

I doubt even his mother would go on record as saying that this ref was anything less than a total weapons grade muppet.

However until we come off a field having played or tried to play quality rugby and been gelded by a total imposter and having been robbed of a victory by the man in the middle I think it sounds very childish and sour grapes to focus on that clown when we put on a Keystone Cops performance of such incompetence that the ref made no impressionable difference.
Always ask yourself, "What would Big Rodney do"... And every time the answer is... "Eat It"
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

thecrouch wrote:
BR wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:
BR wrote:

This season has been worse than last season results wise so far.
Results-wise, I'll concede that.
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

BR wrote: Results-wise, I'll concede that.
And in a gesture of goodwill, I'll agree with you that there have been some good signs, but they have not been consistent which is the problem. Notably, there have been none away from home, unless you point out Cave at least having the brains to take a quick dropkick conversion.

Two away games, that we always seem to make a meal of, have been appalling but it should be recorded that the only ever previous defeat in Italy before this came when Fat Deccie got himself red carded after 5 minutes or so.

So this genuinely marks a new low because it is stretching credulity to say we deserved anything more than we got, notwithstanding the obvious issues in at least 2 of their tries and the outrage of Patterson's adjudication for the rolling maul.
LegsLikeSausages
Warrior Chief

Post by LegsLikeSausages »

Tender wrote:And we still have two spankings to look forward to in Saffrika. Mid table mediocrity awaits.

FOLK NOW
No we don't. Just the one.