Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

muscles
Novice

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by muscles »

Deysel wasn’t injured, didn’t feature in squad or for ‘A’s. What’s the story? Have the coaches lost confidence in him or is he the latest to be placed on the Kiss naughty step? Hasn’t been very impressive when he has been fit to play bar first game but that was with Marcell. Bit of a penalty machine also. A bad signing along with Schalk van der Merwe?

The youngsters did well. Must integrate the youngsters in a planned but bold manner.

Surely Cave must play 13- a 13 in the 13 position?

Would you not have Louis at 15 and Charles on one wing & Stockdale the other?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

damianmcr wrote:
Russ wrote:How does one get this on Alexa?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Im running in on my Amazon Tap through bluetooth :thumleft:

Got it on my holibobs
Damo, you know I'm incredibly old.

Do a chap a favour and explain what in blue jaysus that sentence means in English. I have various bit and bobs like amazon prime, Netflix & suchlike, but I wouldn't have a baldy notion on how or even what running anything in on them means, though I have grasped the simple facts of Bluetooth, I had no idea Amazon had a tap. :shock:

Confused of Bangor.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Usual questions Adam:

Kiss untenable?
Do you need to be an utter halfwit to fail to recognise Cave's value at 13?

and this week

Barring Marcell making an astonishing recovery can anyone think of a good reason why the no 8 shirt should not be printed with the name Timoney on it? He really is making leaps and bounds, big quick & athletic, may look as if he lacks a touch of grunt but doesn't.

Callum Black. What? Eh? I mean I've been shouting all season about how good he has been within his limitations but really, what? Bloody superb season and yes your eyes are not deceiving you, he has got better in the loose, especially his hands and solid recycling. (NB this is a statement for the education of the unwashed, not a question) >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

It can't last. Sure it's only a few months since we thought Diddies had turned a corner and was looking like he could do the job. I'm still hoping he'd been listening to the praise (like OxO) and he thought he didn't have to put in a shift.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

No point me asking anything ..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Please please please Adam and friends can you fix it for Cockatrice to get a question asked on your show.
If you don't I will boycott your show and put in a victimisation claim against you including hurt feelings, on his behalf.
Try me.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Is the Jonno effect in full swing now?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

why do ulster have a never say die attitude at home, yet roll over and have their tummies tickled as soon as they move outside a BT postocde?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

If all available for selection, then on current form, who would rate as our 1st choice props and who would you have as back up?
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

It's that time of the week again as EPISODE 16 has dropped for you to enjoy!

On this week's podcast:
- A retirement
- A win
- A contentious quote
- A trip to Coventry
- A few listener questions
- A club round-up

As always, give us a listen and your honest feedback!

Also available on Soundcloud and iTunes.

:red: :fleg:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Did you hear anything about Les receiving his 'cards'?

If Whiff of Cordite have more inside info knowledge than you guys, are your positions now untenable?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

There appears to be a load of ballix doing the rounds about "a meeting of the Grandees" and what these "eminences grise" are or are not calling for.

Let's just say I know a man who knows at least one and probably many more who would have likely attended such a meeting. Flat denial.

So unless someone can state with clarity that such a meeting took place then perhaps Whiff actually got a scent of something more like bullshit and got confused?

So questions to the panel:

1) so, did such a meeting occur
2) Is Kiss's positional tenable
3) Did anyone really think we could win an important away meeting given we had managed only Treviso Kings & Hairyquims away and more importantly had our arses handed to us in a wet clout in mighty Zebre, a record humiliation in Galway, and a serious tanking in d'RDS?
4) Are we all glad that decent player S Donald Esq is not coming, why waste the money FFFS?
5) Will they stick with McPhillips or be tempted to look back to Admirable Nelson?
6) will anyone have the brains to play McPhillips with Michael Lowry on the bench against the Kings given I could steer us home against the Kings, or will we be in safety first mode?
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

I would just want to give the panel an opportunity to reevaluate their assertion that we are a better side than Connacht.
Given the fact they nearly beat Leinster away and stuffed us last time out.
Could you realistically have seen Connacht go to Wasps under the same circumstances and capitulate in that manner?
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

Are we now the 4th placed province in Ireland?

Based on
Current on pitch performance - playing & coaching (4th)
Current off pitch - non playing, Logan and co... (4th)
Academy (2nd - Behind Leinster, up 2 places in the past 18 months)
Fans (2nd - Behind Munster)

My own ranking is in brackets
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
muscles
Novice

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcas

Post by muscles »

Please answer Baggy’s questions above please!