Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

stickinout
Warrior Chief

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by stickinout »

Liz Fraser wrote:Do you think Rodney is the poorest ever Ulster signing particularly in terms of lack of effort?
I've seen some average Joellis in my time and would say that Rodney just takes the biscuit if it wasn't more like the whole fecken factory.
Jeeez.... how long do you have Liz? We've signed some muck over the years, at least Rodney makes it to the pitch. I recall there was a very good discussion on it a while back, do a search and you may be entertained.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

I don't know stickers I think there are post pads that contribute more in matches than fat Rod.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

What should be expecting as a minimum for the coaching team to deliver for the rest of the season, results or performance wise?
stickinout
Warrior Chief

Post by stickinout »

[quote="Liz Fraser"]I don't know stickers I think there are post pads that contribute more in matches than fat Rod.[/quotet a

I wouldn't argue with that at all Liz. He never impressed me at Connacht but i guess being irish qualified and an Irish international goes a long way in making a player attractive to the provinces. How in all that is good and wonderful did he get 3 Irish caps? He's squad filler at best.

Just read on Wiki he took up rugby at 16 (that bit figures) and he played originally in the back row! :shock: :shock: :shock: :lol: :lol: Can't believe he played for NZ u19s and u20s. Presumably surfing the pine.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Are me and the wife going to be the only Ulster fans there?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

justinr73 wrote:Are me and the wife going to be the only Ulster fans there?
You and wife featuring on the podcast this week, Lionel? Well, blow me down. :shock:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Kofi Annan wrote:What's the chances that we could lose all our remaining games
Very close to even money, I don't see us winning away, Weegies will rape us, that leaves Allen Clarke's Ospreys as the only possible win.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

We need to arrange a fixture with a Purdysburn select to make us look good and provide a win.
You know the same thing they did with the King's until that nearly backfired.

I have family connections at Purdysburn and I'm sure I could call in a few favours.
It would be a bit like the mean machine but with nut jobs like in one flew over the cuckoo nest.
I'd be the Burt Reynolds character obviously.
Is anyone else picturing Baggy as the Danny Devito character?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Liz Fraser wrote:We need to arrange a fixture with a Purdysburn select to make us look good and provide a win.
You know the same thing they did with the King's until that nearly backfired.

I have family connections at Purdysburn and I'm sure I could call in a few favours.
It would be a bit like the mean machine but with nut jobs like in one flew over the cuckoo nest.
I'd be the Burt Reynolds character obviously.
Is anyone else picturing Baggy as the Danny Devito character?
Liz, wee Danny is a funny muthafukka but I think you can tell from my language that I'm 100% Joe Pesci.
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

EPISODE 20 is up and ready for you to listen to!

This week:
- Was the loss to Edinburgh acceptable? (hint: no)
- Are we at a real risk of missing the Champions Cup next season? (hint: yes)
- How to beat the Scarlets
- How to beat Wales
- A tight run-in for the 1B title
- Nippers rugby

Usual fare, all feedback is greatly welcomed either positive or negative!

:red: :fleg:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

If nippers isnt about mccalls wabs I'll be royally fecked off

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ I'd bet good money that Diddies has a single solitary wab.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I've given up listening, if they can't answer s simple question there is no point in asking any. And for that reason, I'm out.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

I will say lads it's a couple of times you've said that McPhillips isn't known for his kicking game, but my abiding memory of him for the u20s was as a rather staid deep sitting, kicking outhalf. This running game he's developed has been a bit of a surprise.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I've given up listening, if they can't answer s simple question there is no point in asking any. And for that reason, I'm out.
They answered two of mine! Clearly you are asking the wrong questions aul han!!

Excellent podcast this week lads.