Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

bazzaj

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by bazzaj »

ADM wrote:Here we go all, Episode Six is up and available HERE!

This week we discuss errors from Ulster in La Rochelle, Levani Botia's legs, why it doesn't get any easier this week, the Junior Cup quarter-finals and we answer four listener questions!

Don't forget, we are available on iTunes and Soundcloud.

Feedback is appreciated as always!
Tuned in for the first time and enjoyed the chat

Heard you guys reckoning we'll get out of our European pool this year when you are at pains to point out we've got feck all out of our last 5 European games
My question would be why are you ignoring your own evidence?

Presumably you will be doing a live show from Purdysburn any time soon.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

bazzaj wrote:

This week we discuss errors from Ulster in La Rochelle, Levani Botia's legs, why it doesn't get any easier this week, the Junior Cup quarter-finals and we answer four listener questions!

Heard you guys reckoning we'll get out of our European pool this year when you are at pains to point out we've got feck all out of our last 5 European games

I think it was more of a COULD than WOULD, but I also struggle to see it. if I thought we could beat Quins away then i'd say we have a reasonabke chance, but I can't see that.

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Enjoyed listening to it Adam and it is becoming a slick operation with some humour thrown in as well. I did laugh at your comments about Baggy!

On the question about expectations and particularly progress i would add that i would want to see the real emergence of a couple of forwards during the season who look like they belong at this level and can actually stay injury free for 3 weeks in a row and progress would have to be a semi final in the pro14, which probably means finishing ahead of Leinster or Scarlets during the regular season.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Bart S wrote:
bazzaj wrote:

I think it was more of a COULD than WOULD, but I also struggle to see it. if I thought we could beat Quins away then i'd say we have a reasonabke chance, but I can't see that.

I of course meant last 5 AWAY matches.
Bart think their language was a little stronger than could.
However I even find the word 'could', too strong.
I think winning our last 3/4 games required to qualify for the quarters is the stuff of fantasy in anyones language.
Ridiculous in fact.

Please don't abuse me for being a pessimist or non supporter just a realist.
We are kind of regressing into the pony side that we were post 1999 up to the signing of Pienaar and Muller.
Give it large at home and melting away.
Their era is now looking distinctly like a blimp.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Bart S wrote:

Enjoyed listening to it Adam and it is becoming a slick operation with some humour thrown in as well. I did laugh at your comments about Baggy!

On the question about expectations and particularly progress i would add that i would want to see the real emergence of a couple of forwards during the season who look like they belong at this level and can actually stay injury free for 3 weeks in a row and progress would have to be a semi final in the pro14, which probably means finishing ahead of Leinster or Scarlets during the regular season.
What????????????? I demand the right to reply, Adam, you'll be hearing from my solicitors.

Houl'on, suppose I better listen to it first. >threaten >threaten >threaten >threaten >threaten
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

No they got you bang on.
You'll be laughed out of court if you fight those accusations.
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

Predictions of pundits are very ambitious even before factoring in Christian Lealiifano leaving soon enough.

This year surely cannot be worse than the standard of rugby we watched last season, so improvement suggested is less than minimal given arrival of Gibbes. But I agree that there seems to be a better motivation this season. Yet skills have been poor. We must expect better, Christian & John are not 10s. Over relying on Christian with little game time for Nelson or whoever is to take over.

We need to be planning for next season now & introducing a progressive strategy during this season or it will be same story next season. Can’t ‘rely’ on old guard. Change now in a phased way. Need to be prepared to take much higher level of (controlled) risk.

For next podcast, the performance of Kiss should be addressed. I know the fair approach is to say he should not be judged until the end of the season so assessment can be based on a season with the coaches he recruited. But he picks the team each week & if he continues to allow the ageing/out of form heroes blocking whoever will be taking their place next year, then we know what next season will bring. I guess our fate is pre-determined as Kiss will see out his contract. :shock:

I’m getting old & impatient. Can’t wait for another decade to pass me by. Perhaps I should just get BT Sport, having given up the season ticket, & watch Saracens! :banghead: Just kidding!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

I agree and it's been suggested before about discussing Les Kiss.
To do an entire 48 minute show without mentioning him or the coaching staff would seem a little strange given the chat was about the teams performance.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

bazzaj wrote:I agree and it's been suggested before about discussing Les Kiss.
To do an entire 48 minute show without mentioning him or the coaching staff would seem a little strange given the chat was about the teams performance.
There is a lot of kissing ass you might say.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

No Dave, you wouldn't say that. Go stand in the corner.

How many mice does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Just the two, but the trick is getting both of them in there...

I'm here all week, try the veal.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Tender wrote:No Dave, you wouldn't say that. Go stand in the corner.

How many mice does it take to screw in a lightbulb?

Just the two, but the trick is getting both of them in there...

I'm here all week, try the veal.
Lele tried to kick me into the corner but I ended up on the end of a banana kick to halfway line.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

We'll at least he didn't put u into touch...

The Podcast has improved and just like any discussion, there are different opinions, or as Baggy calls them 'Arsefoonery' but as another catalyst for debate it's worth a listen and I don't have to buy a round or share my Tayto.
Adam and the lads have to walk the line and don't enjoy the freedoms which we abuse on here everyday, but I'd like them to discuss the contribution of Tommy and GLU so far this season and if their continued weekly inclusion can be justified given their awful form?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Just listened in. I got my fcuking question asked!!!

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Tommy Bowe and Andrew Trimble
Sponsors photo op
Discuss

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Dave wrote:Just listened in. I got my fcuking question asked!!!

Yes Dave but it was a question.so banal I can't even remember it.
Something akin to what's your favourite colour.

Not as bad as Baggys though.
Disgusted with the pair of you glory hunter sell outs.
Never forget where you come from.