Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I've got a question.

"What's the capital of North Dakota?" (copyright Groucho Marx)

You know what's interesting in the Dakotas? - that one's mine, the answer is absolutely nothing, two desolate holes.

Possible answer: That's where the FBI & CIA send agents who have badly screwed up.
I've been researching wierd roadside Americana for my upcoming road trip thru the Western states. I won't be visiting the Dakotas but I can tell you that N Dakota has the world's largest Holstein cow and S Dakota has a 6 ton prairie dog.

That’s what I mean Merv, they are so bored they build nonsense with concrete.

Where are you heading, I’ve been out west a few times?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Gerald the Mole wrote:
Russ wrote:Let's just remind everyone Sean Cronin has a 6 Nations Winners medal
As does Fergus McFadyen

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Who the fûck is Fergus McFadyen , anything to wee Andy McFadyen and his funky five piece band
Man who singlehandedly beat Italy once

big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I've got a question.

"What's the capital of North Dakota?" (copyright Groucho Marx)

You know what's interesting in the Dakotas? - that one's mine, the answer is absolutely nothing, two desolate holes.

Possible answer: That's where the FBI & CIA send agents who have badly screwed up.
I've been researching wierd roadside Americana for my upcoming road trip thru the Western states. I won't be visiting the Dakotas but I can tell you that N Dakota has the world's largest Holstein cow and S Dakota has a 6 ton prairie dog.

That’s what I mean Merv, they are so bored they build nonsense with concrete.

Where are you heading, I’ve been out west a few times?
Flying to Vegas. Nip out to Death Valley and then back thru Nevada, Arizona, Colorado, Utah, Wyoming, Montana, Idaho Washington state stopping with the brother in law in Seattle for a week before flying home.
Taking in the Grand Canyon, Monument Valley, Mesa Verde, various national parks in Utah and Yellowstone. Been once before but covering some new ground this time.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

You guys have little faith.

Ulster to win this coming weekend, regardless of selections. Mark my words! :red: :fleg:
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Bart S wrote:You guys have little faith.

Ulster to win this coming weekend, regardless of selections. Mark my words! :red: :fleg:
It's bate out of us Bart.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Having confidently predicted an ulster win at the weekend and therefore proving that i know nothing about pro rugby i feel i am entitled to get some questions asked this week :-

- Will ulster win another game this season?

- In his soliloquy the other week Shane Logan mentioned players potentially coming in and presumably there may also be some departures. Who is dealing with this and making decisions where required in our rudderless ship?

- If Marshall and McCloskey had been playing fir Munster this season and Farrell and Arnold were the centre partnership for Ulster, which 2 of the 4 do you think would have been getting the Ireland squad call ups?
Last edited by Bart S on Tue Mar 27, 2018 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I resign.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

To be fair we have been banging the same drum on here for quite some time now.
We have seen this nightmare unfold for the last few seasons unlike most of the media and supporters who thought we were a signing or two away from world domination..
Sadly it's proven that some of us on here know a thing or three.

Question for the casters and others.
When did the sledgehammer of reality kick in?
Was it a specific performance or a series of games?
Maybe a press conference a team selection a signing an appointment?

When we're your worst fears confirmed?

Mine personally was the away drubbing to Connacht.
We weren't just a side playing badly we were a bad side and there was no escaping it.

Lighter question you have a time machine and you can go back to pick any Ulster player from history and bring them back for this side
Who would they be?
One forward, one back.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Whatever happened to last week's episode?

ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

Russ wrote:Whatever happened to last week's episode?

It happened, I may have just forgotten to post it up :duh:

Instead, how about some listener questions for this week? I see we’ve already got some good ones in so far.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Why would Shane Logan not write a memo to all coaches, players, staff and volunteers but leave it up to someone below him?

Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

I'd be curious to know (though it might not be answerable):

Just how far from reality are people within the club? Bryn gives good spiel but I get the impression from afar that there's a feeling this is just an off year. Is it genuinely recognised (at a series of levels) that we're a solid 4-5 years behind where we should be?

Do the powers that be realise that the changes to 'the matchday experience' (boke) coupled with signing absolute dross is alienating s/t holders? Do they think S/T holders are impressed with the product as a whole?

Have the players downed tools in response to the ever widening cluster-ballix that this season has become? I don't see much evidence that we'll win another game. If that's the case did binning LK midseason have any positive effect at all?
stu
Novice

Post by stu »

Re the Academy. It's clear that we're not producing enough home grown players to supplement the established players and what ever imports we have. What can be done about it? Replace the schools cup with a competition for all schools/clubs sides to cast the net wider?
ColinM
Lord Chancellor

Post by ColinM »

Loki wrote:I'd be curious to know (though it might not be answerable):

Just how far from reality are people within the club? Bryn gives good spiel but I get the impression from afar that there's a feeling this is just an off year. Is it genuinely recognised (at a series of levels) that we're a solid 4-5 years behind where we should be?

Do the powers that be realise that the changes to 'the matchday experience' (boke) coupled with signing absolute dross is alienating s/t holders? Do they think S/T holders are impressed with the product as a whole?

Have the players downed tools in response to the ever widening cluster-ballix that this season has become? I don't see much evidence that we'll win another game. If that's the case did binning LK midseason have any positive effect at all?
Maybe the podcast could debate if Bryn does or does not give good spiel, I believe that is worth a discussion. Maybe Brendan Kelly could be employed to cross examine and summarise

Sent from my Swift 2 Plus using Tapatalk
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

Liz Fraser wrote:To be fair we have been banging the same drum on here for quite some time now.
We have seen this nightmare unfold for the last few seasons unlike most of the media and supporters who thought we were a signing or two away from world domination..
Sadly it's proven that some of us on here know a thing or three.

Question for the casters and others.
When did the sledgehammer of reality kick in?
Was it a specific performance or a series of games?
Maybe a press conference a team selection a signing an appointment?

When we're your worst fears confirmed?

Mine personally was the away drubbing to Connacht.
We weren't just a side playing badly we were a bad side and there was no escaping it.

Lighter question you have a time machine and you can go back to pick any Ulster player from history and bring them back for this side
Who would they be?
One forward, one back.
Can’t see past 1F and St Ruan. Maybe Muller. But 1 big hard fecker isn’t going to stop the rest of the snowflakes in the pack get their Brennans handed to them on a plate week in week out.