Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by Russ »

How can wee fix english rugby so it doesnt drag the rest of europe down with it

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I've got a question.

"What's the capital of North Dakota?" (copyright Groucho Marx)

You know what's interesting in the Dakotas? - that one's mine, the answer is absolutely nothing, two desolate holes.

Possible answer: That's where the FBI & CIA send agents who have badly screwed up.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Can the panel have a look at this...
rumncoke wrote:It’s wonderful the way people react to questions where the answer is self evident ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I've got a question.

"What's the capital of North Dakota?" (copyright Groucho Marx)

You know what's interesting in the Dakotas? - that one's mine, the answer is absolutely nothing, two desolate holes.

Possible answer: That's where the FBI & CIA send agents who have badly screwed up.
I've been researching wierd roadside Americana for my upcoming road trip thru the Western states. I won't be visiting the Dakotas but I can tell you that N Dakota has the world's largest Holstein cow and S Dakota has a 6 ton prairie dog.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

If Adam McBurney played for Leinster would he possibly have a 6 Nations medal this week? (I exaggerate but you get the point.)
Last edited by therealspratt on Tue Mar 20, 2018 4:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

In the post grand-slam celebrations there seems to be a strong sense of cohesion in the squad throughout social media posts from players. They are not constrained into provincial cliques which was evident in previous squads (BOD era). Even Jordi had a pic with Rory, the caption read: 'new skip'.

This has obviously increased since BOD retired. How much of a link between BOD retiring and this increased integration is there? Or is it simply a case of BOD taking every opportunity to say something negative about some of the other provinces (Ulster) and creating a bad atmosphere? Can the panel identify any former player that may have been an obstacle to harmony in the squad?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

therealspratt wrote:If Adam McBurney played for Leinster would he possibly have a 6 Nations medal this week? (I exaggerate but you get the point.)
Here's a point of information. Ulster are utter garbage, woeful, scour, a rancid festering pustule of a rugby team. Should we have any more players on the Ireland team. Absolutely not with Jared injured and Paddy up before the beak.
If we had players performing in a winning team we'd have more representation on the Ireland team.
A player playing in a successful team will always get the spot in a close call.

There are ways in which the IRFU are anti Ulster, but that is not one of them. And I despise the IRFU.

I may have mentioned that previously. :lol:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Snipe Watson wrote:
therealspratt wrote:If Adam McBurney played for Leinster would he possibly have a 6 Nations medal this week? (I exaggerate but you get the point.)
Here's a point of information. Ulster are utter garbage, woeful, scour, a rancid festering pustule of a rugby team. Should we have any more players on the Ireland team. Absolutely not with Jared injured and Paddy up before the beak.
If we had players performing in a winning team we'd have more representation on the Ireland team.

There are ways in which the IRFU are anti Ulster, but that is not one of them. And I despise the IRFU.

I may have mentioned that previously. Image
Leinster will win nothing of note without Hendo and Best

therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Snipe Watson wrote:

Oh no Snipe, I in no way believe that the IRFU are anti Ulster, rather I was placing McBurney's remarkable lack of gametime at Ulster's door as compared to his former teammates in that u20s pack.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

this question will keep until next week.

Is social media so 2017?
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

therealspratt wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Oh no Snipe, I in no way believe that the IRFU are anti Ulster, rather I was placing McBurney's remarkable lack of gametime at Ulster's door as compared to his former teammates in that u20s pack.
Had this same conversation just last week with someone of note.. McBurney and Andrews for that matter.. both held back by Rob who needs sidelined and these two given more chances this year.. Apparently Hookers do indeed grow on trees in Ulster so unless we switch them to props or back-row it could be a problem that isn't going away.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Cockatrice wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
Snipe Watson wrote:

Had this same conversation just last week with someone of note.. McBurney and Andrews for that matter.. both held back by Rob who needs sidelined and these two given more chances this year.. Apparently Hookers do indeed grow on trees in Ulster so unless we switch them to props or back-row it could be a problem that isn't going away.
Andrew is decent but I wouldn't put him on McBurney's level, if he lives up to his potential he's Rory's successor for Ulster and Ireland.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Let's just remind everyone Sean Cronin has a 6 Nations Winners medal
As does Fergus McFadyen

LadyP
Novice

Post by LadyP »

Few conservative questions, take your pick.

How will the A team do against Bedford

Why has domestic rugby gone into free fall in the male adult game.

Womens rugby, why has it gone to pot , the World Cup has absolutely left no legacy in Ulster, with poor numbers and a lack of competitive games, The national team finished Joint third with Italy ,slipped badly since the class of 12-14 and the emphasis on 7s is killing the women’s game, players without clubs or playing for provinces getting caps, and Adam Griggs getting a full time contract as head coach for 15 & 7s. You heard it here first.

Do female players at national level really believe it’s a game for all shapes and sizes, it’s a national team, a team that wants to portray its self as elite the best of the best , but some of the players have absolutely zero respect for their fitness levels and national coaching staff would appear to encourage it. I would refer to the tweet from Lyons were she was ridiculed for being overweight, and would appear to have not done anything about it since 2017 . But in the world of social media and tweet grabbing it’s okay to ignore standards ?

Why is there no women on the all male committees at Branch level
"This doesn't look good Parker"
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

Russ wrote:Let's just remind everyone Sean Cronin has a 6 Nations Winners medal
As does Fergus McFadyen

Who the fûck is Fergus McFadyen , anything to wee Andy McFadyen and his funky five piece band