Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bring Humph On!!
Squire

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by Bring Humph On!! »

ADM wrote:Impromptu podcast recording today as things start to fall into place for next season - care to put forward some listener questions for us?
Is Ruan & Steyn pie in the sky stuff?

As exciting as our coaching set up is looking, is there a need for a Graham Henry type figure to provide a bit of guidance even just short term due to lack of experience?
"But going forward, at Ulster Rugby, one thing will never change. As long as this great club exists, the person and the player, Nevin Spence, will never be forgotten."

IF!!! ..... I CAN DO NOTHING WITH IF!!
TopPoster
Initiate

Post by TopPoster »

What action did the IRFU and BOI take with the previous irish internationals and BOI ambassadors sex scandal involving misogynistic and racist behaviour that led to a social media abuse campaign and a young lady leaving the country?

Did the BOI, IRFU and UR take reasonable and responsible action to educate players and staff on such behaviour in order to prevent future instances?

Does the BOI, IRFU and UR feel any such action was therefore adequate and measured to prevent the Jackson/Olding events?

If no such action or preventative measures were previously put in place does the BOI, IRFU and UR accept that by doing so condones such behaviour and set an accepted environment for the Jackson and Olding episode, and secondly therefore Jackson and Olding were unfairly dismissed?

Will anyone with BOI, IRFU and UR accept responsibility for failings in prevention, or lack of, in the previous sex scandal and resign accordingly?

Will we be able to field a back line next season?
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

Should the AIL be abandoned to help club rugby?
If so what are the alternatives and what would be the implications of a semi pro league?
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

:red: IMPROMPTU PODCAST ALERT :red:

Here's EPISODE 32 where we take a look at:

- The end of the Joey Carbery saga
- The continuation of Ulster's fly-half situation
- The changes behind the scenes
- Some bloke called Shane Logan, again
- Ireland's tour of Aussie land

Happy listening, and we'll be back the week after the European draw to discuss all things Heineken Cup and break down Ireland's tour of Oz! :red: :fleg:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Yawn
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
jackthelad
Warrior Chief

Post by jackthelad »

Grim stuff. Gabbling crap over each other.
Smear me in chocolate and throw me to the Lesbians.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

We all have the occasional off day.

Anyone who has a passing interest in old school footy could do worse than listen to Under the Cosh with Jon the Beast Parkin and Chris Brown - particularly the episode involving Chris Sedgwick. All 3 were at PNE but, bias notwithstanding, it’s very funny.

Parkin got about 25 goals for York this season. One for each stone of weight he carries. Great touch for a big lad.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

I thought some of the content was decent and worth a listen. Agree that the talking over each other bit was annoying and it had a bit of an end of season feel to it.

I was heartened by the short Logan discussion though, reading between the lines of what you were saying. :D

Oh and a bit more notice please for when the next podcast will be. Why does the notification always have to be so last minute?
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Personally I think it's wearing a bit thin. Too much padding chucked in to fill the time. If there is only 20 minutes worth of good content, as a novel idea do a 20 minute podcast.
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

I think it’s very good, I really enjoyed it. Yes the talking over each other in the last episode was a bit frustrating (because you couldn’t make out what anyone was saying) but that’s an easy fix. I’m a fairly new listener to the show but thought it was well balanced and informative. Also when you go back and listen to older episodes you get the sense that they (Jonathan Bradley mostly) has a fair amount of insider knowledge. Fair play to the lads keep her lit. Much better than the sickofantic Mexican drivel served by BOD on Off the Ball..
Needs to be at least an hour plus. :thumleft:
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Insider knowledge? They had no clue Les was leaving even on the day it was announced. Murray Kinsella had quietly broken the news long before.

Personally I want nothing to do with a rag that published story after story focusing on one sided clickbait content destroying two lads careers. Last time I listened it was cringey shyte. Ruckie is dead to me.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
TinPig
Squire

Post by TinPig »

I don’t think Les had a clue he was leaving the day it was announced.
I’m feeling Perky this morning. :pig:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:Insider knowledge? They had no clue Les was leaving even on the day it was announced. Murray Kinsella had quietly broken the news long before.

Personally I want nothing to do with a rag that published story after story focusing on one sided clickbait content destroying two lads careers. Last time I listened it was cringey shyte. Ruckie is dead to me.
Yip
Still boycotting

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

Hi folks, podcast recording happening today as we look back on the Ireland tour, the European pool draw and a few people heading to pastures new. Listener questions needed please!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Are there any better fly halves available for Ulster than Paddy Packson?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk