Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by Cockatrice »

ADM wrote:Sorry for the very late notice all, but send in some listener questions for us to discuss in today’s podcast. Baggy, you’ll be happy to know a certain Mr Logan will be up for debate this week!
There you go baggy indeed I am glad ur a lone voice in raising debate on our CEO.. it will interesting to see if the debate goes further than Ferris and Wallace calling for him to go and simply talking about whether 8 years is long enough but sure he built us the new stadia...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Based on who might be available, who would the panel like to see coming in as head coach?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Does the panel think they will be able to get the podcast published before the next revelations from Ravenhill?

Hint: Before Thursday night would be good.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

BR wrote:Does the panel think they will be able to get the podcast published before the next revelations from Ravenhill?

Hint: Before Thursday night would be good.
You have about a 20 minute window before someone either gives a spoiler on here or someone resigns/sacked/ACL etc.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Section 1 - TERRY

- Is Terry WD Slogan's position tenable?
- Is Terry a dead CEO walking?
- When is Terry's official leaving date?
- Does the panel think a man now in year 9 of a 5-year plan & going backwards, tenable?
- Is the CEO at a club where no trophy has been won in 12 years is in a tenable position?
- Is a CEO who has presided over 2 worldwide searches and come up twice with the name Les Kiss as the preferred candidate, simply displaying his complete lack of rugby savvy, and therefore be in an untenable position?
- Is Terry the Untenable so close to taking his ship down, that before he leaves he's likely to gulder "Mandy Lifeboats!!!" given his former position of not being CEO of the RNLI but a grade 3 teaboy....................or similar, he'll know all about lifeboats.
- If Terry was left alone in the corridors of power with a loaded weapon and a bottle of whiskey/whisky (he may be Scotch) >EW , would he stick the bottle in his bake, take a swig, replace the bottle with the gun and say "Goodbye cruel world" or would he say, "Have you any Coke to go in that?"

Section 2 - Alster - the ulternative Ulster.

Is a club who have lost a DOR, have a dead head coach walking (out) and a CEO who has been told he is out the door but won't feck off on gardening leave, has a large number of senior players who have not been spoken to about new contracts, has one player so disenchanted that he quietly arranged a contract with a former club before Ulster knew what was happening, who surprisingly given past performance, has the academy as then most effective part of the organisation, the single greatest omnishambles in professional rugby history?

Are Ulster currently lower than a snake's arsehole? (feel free to refer to a snake's ass in your podcast thingy)

Given the clusterballix that is currently happening, can Ulster realistically expect to keep more than 75% of the current 10000 ST holders, and if not, how does that financially slippery slope look right now?

Section 3 - The Future

Should Ulster hang a sign above all entrances saying "Abandon hope all ye who enter here"?
Should Ulster hang a sign above all exits saying "Careful now, keep it in your trousers"?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:
ADM wrote:Sorry for the very late notice all, but send in some listener questions for us to discuss in today’s podcast. Baggy, you’ll be happy to know a certain Mr Logan will be up for debate this week!
There you go baggy indeed I am glad ur a lone voice in raising debate on our CEO.. it will interesting to see if the debate goes further than Ferris and Wallace calling for him to go and simply talking about whether 8 years is long enough but sure he built us the new stadia...
And there was me Cockers thinking it was an outside professional who managed the build, but you're giving Terry all the credit. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Well, that's biggayee and bigamy too. :lol:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

It would be interesting to see if the lads would care to question Ulster Rugby as to the make up of the review... because only a fully transparent review of structures will ensure that a first positive step can be made.. anything less and it could be just another tick box exercise... is it 2 or 3 reviews already since 2014? who was responsible for the previous reviews? who in in charge of this one? and how far is the remit?
Deraless
Lord Chancellor

Post by Deraless »

Do we need to have a meta-review of all previous reviews, to see what went wrong with previous review attempts?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Never wrestle with a pig. You end up covered in muck and the pig loves it.
Polly Cotton
Novice

Post by Polly Cotton »

What was the process to sack Kiss, who was involved in that decision making
You may know my sister, Dot
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Polly Cotton wrote:What was the process to sack Kiss, who was involved in that decision making
think the question is worth asking ... will it? also who ordered the review? who is undertaking the review? how far will the review extend?

I would actually like to see Gibbes, Kiss and even Bakarat all asked for their views as well as Anderson, Doak and Clarke all views should be brought in then somebody might just get at what if anything is behind some of this shyte.... also senior players such Ruan, Mueller and Best ... might draw the line at the famous 200 club as that would introduce Diack, Wilson and smallp into the equation.
therealspratt
Warrior Chief

Post by therealspratt »

Cockatrice wrote:
Polly Cotton wrote:What was the process to sack Kiss, who was involved in that decision making
think the question is worth asking ... will it? also who ordered the review? who is undertaking the review? how far will the review extend?

I would actually like to see Gibbes, Kiss and even Bakarat all asked for their views as well as Anderson, Doak and Clarke all views should be brought in then somebody might just get at what if anything is behind some of this shyte.... also senior players such Ruan, Mueller and Best ... might draw the line at the famous 200 club as that would introduce Diack, Wilson and smallp into the equation.
Definitely, but it should be by the IRFU or some semi detached entity. Throw enough money at PWC they'll do it.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Cockatrice wrote:

I agree with asking those guys to get the full spectrum of views and then try to figure out what has been going on. Getting one or two people’s side of things risks painting a very coloured view of things.
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

EPISODE 22 is up as we break down another turbulent week for Ulster Rugby. Give us a listen, keep firing through listener questions and let us know your thoughts!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Feck sake we're on the bryn live blog

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Feck sake we're on the bryn live blog

+1

Very insensitive.