Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I would wish him well in his future............................. if only he would start it now.

LOOK, I don't know the man from Adam, I make no character judgements on him, my beef is that he has sat in his office for several years as things have gone from bad to worse to bloody disastrous, and now appears to have taken a vow of silence.

It's abundantly clear that he has no contribution to resolving the dire state of Ulster Rugby so Shane, just bugger off and have a nice life.
baggy... I echo your sentiments but as for the silence my only reasoning and I am clutching at straws is that he has had some form of gagging order put on him (I use that term loosely) but something nonetheless that he stays out of the picture off record... Not of course the sign of a leader and which he claims to be... but maybe one sign that he is going.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

big mervyn wrote:
Cockatrice wrote:Gross misconduct would surely have seen an immediate exit out the door... I remain confused how some here report he has already been handed his P45 by a unpaid branch committee member and I look forward to hearing more detail if/when it become available.

If something is happening then I guess some form of agreed separation allowing him to sail off into the distance with his integrity (not that he has any) intact.
The updated CV should be an interesting read :lol:
It should if it ever sees the light of day.. I note he doesn't have a linkedin account which is far from the be all and end all in business but yet unusual. The again maybe someone from Coke or BP might question something possibly even the CEO of the RNIB with whom he must have job shared. Anyway 2nd ever youngest CEO of UR is a start..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

Question for next podcast

Do you guys believe that those that are responsible for the direction of Ulster Rugby are too complacent about the large supporter base they have? Should the supporter base use its influence to better effect & if so in what way?

Clearly Ulster Rugby’s attraction has diminished considerably over, at least, the last 5 years under the direction of a number of long-serving administrators, yet they seem immune to the many mistakes they ha e made & IRFU have sat back & watched this happen. Internal reviews tend to miss the elephants in the room. Time for real change as we sink to the seabed, holed by an ice-berg by the name of incompetence. A familiar Ulster parable. :banghead:

Some external stakeholders need to force through effective & beneficial change. It seems as those in charge are allowing Ulster to go from bad to worse to worser to worsest without acting, so perhaps we can force that change.
>flog

This includes a long-hard look by independent professionals at the capability & attitude of players, back room staff & contractors as well as administrators & Committe members.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

Cockatrice wrote:Gross misconduct would surely have seen an immediate exit out the door... I remain confused how some here report he has already been handed his P45 by a unpaid branch committee member and I look forward to hearing more detail if/when it become available.

If something is happening then I guess some form of agreed separation allowing him to sail off into the distance with his integrity (not that he has any) intact.
It'd be a quare aul laugh if he sued you for defamation over the CV thing, once he's out of UR.
Lordy let's hope there are tapes!!
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote:
big mervyn wrote:

The updated CV should be an interesting read :lol:
It should if it ever sees the light of day.. I note he doesn't have a linkedin account which is far from the be all and end all in business but yet unusual. The again maybe someone from Coke or BP might question something possibly even the CEO of the RNIB with whom he must have job shared. Anyway 2nd ever youngest CEO of UR is a start..
World's biggest stadium constructed entirely from Lego :thumleft:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

muscles wrote:Question for next podcast

Do you guys believe that those that are responsible for the direction of Ulster Rugby are too complacent about the large supporter base they have? Should the supporter base use its influence to better effect & if so in what way?

Clearly Ulster Rugby’s attraction has diminished considerably over, at least, the last 5 years under the direction of a number of long-serving administrators, yet they seem immune to the many mistakes they ha e made & IRFU have sat back & watched this happen. Internal reviews tend to miss the elephants in the room. Time for real change as we sink to the seabed, holed by an ice-berg by the name of incompetence. A familiar Ulster parable. :banghead:

Some external stakeholders need to force through effective & beneficial change. It seems as those in charge are allowing Ulster to go from bad to worse to worser to worsest without acting, so perhaps we can force that change.
>flog

This includes a long-hard look by independent professionals at the capability & attitude of players, back room staff & contractors as well as administrators & Committe members.

Muscles i thnk you are right in a lot of what you say, around the playing side of things. The “supporter experience” is a difficult one though as much though we may like to believe it, the facts are that to fill the stadium we need a hell of a lot of people who have better things to do with their time than the 100 or so of us who are regulalry on here. Getting their money and commitment is cricual to UR and so things like free wifi, the band and making things more family friendly or whatever are things which MAY help to attract a greater number through the gate. Some come for a bit of a social or whatever and ulster have to cater to that. These people contribute to the big nights at ravenhill/spanners too...and i am sure some of them are even the dreaded Bakebookers!

It would be a lot easier for UR if 15000 diehards flooded through the gate each week and of course results and performances do more in that regard than anything else, but the marketing/mass appeal strategy has to be there also, whether it is what we all like or not.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Cockatrice wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I would wish him well in his future............................. if only he would start it now.

LOOK, I don't know the man from Adam, I make no character judgements on him, my beef is that he has sat in his office for several years as things have gone from bad to worse to bloody disastrous, and now appears to have taken a vow of silence.

It's abundantly clear that he has no contribution to resolving the dire state of Ulster Rugby so Shane, just bugger off and have a nice life.
baggy... I echo your sentiments but as for the silence my only reasoning and I am clutching at straws is that he has had some form of gagging order put on him (I use that term loosely) but something nonetheless that he stays out of the picture off record... Not of course the sign of a leader and which he claims to be... but maybe one sign that he is going.
I'd had that thought too Cockers, could be, it is extraordinary that he has watched the events since 23rd December and said not one reported thing.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

>flog

I can answer the question part of your question Muscles, UR are crapping themselves about crowd figures, they are not complacent about them at all.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Snipe Watson
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Snipe Watson »

BaggyTrousers wrote:

>flog

I can answer the question part of your question Muscles, UR are crapping themselves about crowd figures, they are not complacent about them at all.
Bryn isn't going to put himself in front of a hostile crowd of disgruntled punters next Thursday for the good of his health.
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

Of course Mr Baggy but this was the lead in question to set up the next one which to me is the interesting one. Are there enough of us to pressurise “them” into radical turnaround action or are there not enough disgruntled old farts like me to make something happen? If there are, is the only way to achieve this to give up our season tickets and damage the club financially as it is unlikely that there is enough interest at present to replace “us”. Are there other ways we can influence “them” by grouping together that does not harm the Club in this way? A survey is always useless as management never believe feedback of malcontents (large proportion of malcontents tend to respond) have some truth in what they say, just in the same way as whistle-blowers are maligned.

They need pushed but none of the responsible ones seem willing or capable.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

muscles wrote:Are there other ways we can influence “them” by grouping together that does not harm the Club in this way?
If a few 100 ST cards were tossed onto the pitch after Friday's game it might help to make a point.

No risk. If you really want to go to the Hairsprays game, print off a paper one at home :lol:
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

Sorry for the very late notice all, but send in some listener questions for us to discuss in today’s podcast. Baggy, you’ll be happy to know a certain Mr Logan will be up for debate this week!
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

What date do you expect Paddy and Stuart to resume full training?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Should anderson/campbell take charge until the end of the season given that gibbes is leaving and things cant get much worse?
OldMan
Novice

Post by OldMan »

A 2-part question...........
1. In last weeks podcast, you indicated that the money from Piutau's & Tommy Bowe's contracts should be invested in the academy - should the money be used to expand the academy or invest in additional/better coaches?
2. Based on the latest news that Gibbes is moving back to New Zealand, how on earth are UR going to attract new players & retain players who will be out of contract at the end of this season if we don't have a DOR or Head Coach in place?