Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Loki
Warrior Assassin

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by Loki »

enjoying the podcast generally, lads. keep up the good work. I'd love to hear a bit of input on DC's exile more generally, from inside and outside the club if possible.
Loki
Warrior Assassin

Post by Loki »

therealspratt wrote:
Dave wrote:
therealspratt wrote:
Dave wrote:Why did Timoney only get a 6 in your player ratings?
I know it's subjective but I would have had him the equal of Reidy at least. Very tidy performance and looked well up to snuff.
I thought he was excellent. He's a real work horse and very quick. He's more in the David Wallace mould of a muscular rather than bulky player. Good prospect.
Very glad that he's kicking on, to me he seems to have a real rugby intelligence and finesse rare in our players which I saw when I first saw him playing for the As, concern was though had he the size to have an impact at a higher level and thankfully that seems to have worked out!
I was very impressed by Timoney again at the weekend. Trusting young lads to play rugby before their heads are pickled by some coaches' instructions, who'd've thunk that would work. If he's half the player Wallace turned into he'll have some career.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

Cockatrice wrote:
justinr73 wrote:Are we getting confused between Liz Fraser and Elizabeth Fraser?
Will the real Liz Frazer stand up..

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/49/2b/aa/492b ... a18761.jpg
She didn't do stand up.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I haven't listened to the last two. Might give this next one a rattle if others rate it.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

Thanks for the kind words Loki, and I hope you listen to this one Dave because we answer one of your questions!

EPISODE TWELVE is now online and ready for your enjoyment as we break down a snowy win over Harlequins, what they'll be bringing to Belfast, where on earth is Darren Cave and look ahead to next Tuesday's Senior Cup final!

As always we're on Soundcloud and iTunes as well as the website, and all feedback is gladly welcomed be it positive or negative - we're always looking to improve!

:red: :fleg:
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ADM wrote:Thanks for the kind words Loki, and I hope you listen to this one Dave because we answer one of your questions!

EPISODE TWELVE is now online and ready for your enjoyment as we break down a snowy win over Harlequins, what they'll be bringing to Belfast, where on earth is Darren Cave and look ahead to next Tuesday's Senior Cup final!

As always we're on Soundcloud and iTunes as well as the website, and all feedback is gladly welcomed be it positive or negative - we're always looking to improve!

Love you

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

ADM wrote:Thanks for the kind words Loki, and I hope you listen to this one Dave because we answer one of your questions!

Only joking I haven't missed one yet!
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

Enjoyed that.

Good analysis of the game at Quins, save for no mention of our dodgy lineout and the fact that we should have gone for the corner instead of missing the tricky pen in the first half.

Much more fun after a decent win, particularly one i managed to get to (along with Benetton in September) after a season ruined to date by the wedding of the year.

Hopefully I can extend my 100% record through Munster and Leinster.

But I'm not entirely confident.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Good work lads. Enjoyed the focus on Timoney. There seems to be no clarity on the Darren Cave situation which is pathetic.

FOLK
Liz Fraser
Squire

Post by Liz Fraser »

To be fair the lads seemed to have taken on board the feedback and developed a decent critique of late.
Think we all could write the script for this week though.

My question for this week is why does Johnny persistently do iritating wee mid sentence laughs before he finishes his point?
Is it some form of involuntary tourettes or is it it intended to be used in spread betting or a listener drinking game?
Or all three?
Its actually more of a guffaw than a laugh.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I would like to see the lads follow on from the SKY interview with Kiss when he described the Ulster defence akin to a shambles granted that it only looks that way.. so

1. Is he the defence coach? 2. Can he advise whether he is changing the way the team defend? 3. Can he explain why this year the number of tries conceded is fast approaching last years record of tries conceded? 4. Is he able to explain what the defence strategy is? (Bearing in mind he won’t want to let other sides know his secret) 5. If he is changing things are the players struggling to implement those changes?

On Cave.... accepting the arguement that he may not be 1st or even 3rd choice 13.. that Cave has been excluded from training with either the 1st or A teams.... that he is being asked to train with the Lisburn Road 2.

Can the lads explore why he has been excluded from team training?
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

Evening ladies and gents - listener questions time, fire them through! We're recording this week's podcast before the Senior Cup final at Kingspan Stadium tomorrow night so you have just over 24 hours to submit your question!
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

What's your TInder handle?
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Do you ever have a sneaky gay chuff?

If already gay replace gay for straight.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

UlsterNo9 wrote:What's your TInder handle?
My tag line is.. 500 characters isn’t really enough to demonstrate my wit and intelligence so just look at my well hung chopper. Granted I don’t get much response.
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU