Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by Russ »

Kiss' interview is fecking hilarious
What a plague

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Russ wrote:Kiss' interview is fecking hilarious
What a plague

I said before no wonder the team don't understand what they are supposed to implement...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Cockatrice wrote:
Russ wrote:Kiss' interview is fecking hilarious
What a plague

I said before no wonder the team don't understand what they are supposed to implement...
Apparently garner has implemented new processes to stop adamson and fitzgobbon doing as they please

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

I'll listen to this during my afternoon dump.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

First question for next week. Would the 3 of you kindly assist Les Kiss in packing up his stuff?

Assuming he hasn't done the honourable thing and gone before you do the recording.
Last edited by BR on Sat Nov 25, 2017 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
richardt84
Novice

Post by richardt84 »

I think it was recently cited that the poor performance in Zebre was in some way down to a delayed flight that resulted in a missed captain’s run. If we are to accept that as a reason for the Zebre result how does that compare with Treviso turning up 10 minutes before the game tonight and despite having no warm up, emerging as the better team despite the result. If the panel accept the Zebre flight delay as a reason contributing to the Zebre result how or why could Ulster not take advantage of being the beneficiaries of such luck tonight?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

I think some journalists need to think about asking some real questions of UR...
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

Have you asked recently what is Jonno’s job title and what are his responsibilities? Why does he not think he is head coach?

I am told Jonno’s post match audio interview was very strange. Is that right? Your assessment of it? Can we hear it?

Does the Kiss post match TV interview not suggest to you that he is a dead man walking? If not what is the basis of your confidence in him?

Do you consider that the culture at Ulster Rugby fully embraces professionalism or is simply too cosy?

Do you agree that unless organisational change takes place before end of season, our much anticipated improvements in performances will be at risk next season?

I could go on but losing the will!
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

Well folks, fire away with your listener questions for tomorrow’s podcast - and don’t hold back!
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

ADM wrote:Well folks, fire away with your listener questions for tomorrow’s podcast - and don’t hold back!
as with muscles... asking about Gibbo's position and in a way that quantifies what he called himself and what the BCC have reported him as.... so not just asking about who is what but also getting to the reasoning behind why Gibbo thinks and refers to himself as the Forward Coach if in fact he is the Head Coach?

Also what is Peel's exact role and.... although Kiss has alluded to dipping in and out of different aspects of the coaching what is is exact role? and finally who exactly is the defence coach?

Given what Willie Anderson indicated that the academy needed to new systems and structures put in place to realign itself as the best in Ireland is there any other aspect of UR that needs realigned to also bring it up to date?

ps I am hoping back....
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

I still have lost the will to live (see above post) having patiently gone to all home games for decades but particularly these past two seasons where the great Ulster Rugby attitude is now seemingly, mostly missing. Friday night was bad.

However one last, perhaps, key question!

What scenario would represent rock bottom for you which would clearly require a root & branch review of aspects of the Club being fit for purpose? Or will we suffer a slow death by a thousand cuts i.e. disappointing seasons due to the cosy inaction by those governing the Club.

Yes I’m really fed up, not with results, but with the really poor standard of performances which shows little sign of improvement. Matches are not very enjoyable to watch now.
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Man up.

Discuss why Les Kiss is so unpopular with UR supporters.

What improvements have we seen in the past two seasons?

Why we shipped almost 60 points against two of this leagues weakest teams? and please don't give us platitudes like 'They are greatly improved' or 'There are no easy games'

Could Les Kiss please give a clear answer to the Jared Payne question? The last answer is unintelligible gibberish.

Why does OUR team play without aggression and allow ANY team with a bit of grunt to bully them?

When is his contract up?

Soft or hard cheese?
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
truthandjusticedotcom
Novice

Post by truthandjusticedotcom »

Tender wrote:Man up.

Discuss why Les Kiss is so unpopular with UR supporters.

What improvements have we seen in the past two seasons?

Why we shipped almost 60 points against two of this leagues weakest teams? and please don't give us platitudes like 'They are greatly improved' or 'There are no easy games'

Could Les Kiss please give a clear answer to the Jared Payne question? The last answer is unintelligible gibberish.

Why does OUR team play without aggression and allow ANY team with a bit of grunt to bully them?

When is his contract up?

Soft or hard cheese?
I think he has been fairly clear about Jared.
As for the rest, those points need to be addressed and questions answered.
At his best, man is the noblest of all animals; separated from law and justice he is the worst.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

ADM wrote:Well folks, fire away with your listener questions for tomorrow’s podcast - and don’t hold back!
Question 1: is Kiss still in post?
Supplementary 1: How?

I have been convinced of the problem for a little over 12 months.

In that time I have seen Ulster play (let's be generous) 4 games approaching the quality to which we should be accustomed, given the potential of a number of our players.

I actually thought our new coaching ticket was onto something early this season, and I enjoyed, rather than endured, some home games. By no means the finished article, but green shoots. I was consoling myself on the basis that the 11th hour decision to renew my season ticket could ignore our away performance, as it was not technically part of what I had bought in to.

Then it seems we seemed to import our away form to Ravenhill.

I can take being beaten by Leinster - they're a bloody good team, and of late I have become used to it. But the manner of the defeat ... I'm not prepared to sit through that again.

So after winding my neck in somewhat, after October last year, I find myself back to the choice - Either he goes or I go.

Question 2: Will Ulster Rugby care or even notice?
Supplementary 2: How many of us would it take before they did?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

After 7 wins out of 9 in Conference B, why are so many people on the UAFC getting their knickers in such a twist (especially compared to the 2 wins out of 9 from the Ospreys in Conference A)?