Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by Dave »

See previous questions about the defensive system used by UR. Please read article posted by Bazzaj.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:See previous questions about the defensive system used by UR. Please read article posted by Bazzaj.
Questions prescreened by UR and answers already been through PR and Logan review

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:See previous questions about the defensive system used by UR. Please read article posted by Bazzaj.
Have UR got a defensive system ?

Sent from my P027 using Tapatalk
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:

Apparently they have someone coaching it too.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Not very good, sack him.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Rooster wrote:
Dave wrote:
Rooster wrote:

Not very good, sack him.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk
Agreed
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

Podcast No.8 is available for listening, either HERE on Soundcloud or on iTunes!

And I think this is one you'll want to listen to...
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

ADM wrote:Podcast No.8 is available for listening, either HERE on Soundcloud or on iTunes!

Dave you got your question asked!

Great to see you boys developing some minerals and having a critique.
Good work keep it up!

Talking about these academy boys I think Jonny might have missed the point though.
You won't know if they are good enough unless UR trust them enough to make them a part of the senior team now.
Then develop and make them comfortable in the squad environment from that point.

UR seem to be under the impression that the academy and Ravens are the entire development process and they should arrive to the Senior side as the finished article.
That's where they are going wrong as the senior squad should have equal responsibility and billing with a players development.

The handling of our youngsters has been shocking bordering on shameful consequently.
They are thrown in at the deep end then jettisoned from the squad if they either don't play well or the player they are covering returns.

So until we learn how to handle what little talent comes through properly at senior level. any other discussion is fairly irrelevant.

The only reason Hendy came through is because he is a freak in the best possible sense of the word.
Leads me nicely to next week's question which is of relevance to your latest cast

If Hendy got guarantees about international rugby a La Sexton should he leave Ulster Rugby for a top European club to further his own personal development and career success?
Not to mention the filthy lucre.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

bazzaj wrote:
ADM wrote:Podcast No.8 is available for listening, either HERE on Soundcloud or on iTunes!

Good work keep it up!

Talking about these academy boys I think Jonny might have missed the point though.
You won't know if they are good enough unless UR trust them enough to make them a part of the senior team now.
Then develop and make them comfortable in the squad environment from that point.

UR seem to be under the impression that the academy and Ravens are the entire development process and they should arrive to the Senior side as the finished article.
That's where they are going wrong as the senior squad should have equal responsibility and billing with a players development.

The handling of our youngsters has been shocking bordering on shameful consequently.
They are thrown in at the deep end then jettisoned from the squad if they either don't play well or the player they are covering returns.

So until we learn how to handle what little talent comes through properly at senior level. any other discussion is fairly irrelevant.

The only reason Hendy came through is because he is a freak in the best possible sense of the word.
Leads me nicely to next week's question which is of relevance to your latest cast

If Hendy got guarantees about international rugby a La Sexton should he leave Ulster Rugby for a top European club to further his own personal development and career success?
They are finally listening
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Someone give me the low down

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Someone give me the low down

Ulster shyte
PE shyte
SA shyte
Ulster defence shyte
Les under pressure
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:

Ulster shyte
PE shyte
SA shyte
Ulster defence shyte
Les under pressure
Good man Ruckie
feck Disney

BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Russ wrote:
Dave wrote:

Ulster shyte
PE shyte
SA shyte
Ulster defence shyte
Les under pressure
Good man Ruckie
feck Disney

What's the difference between Walt Disney & Bing Crosby?
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
justinr73
Lord Chancellor

Post by justinr73 »

bazzaj wrote:

Good work keep it up!

Hendy came through because he was good enough. How many others have left and set the world on fire?
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

To insinute we have missed out on several British Lions in recent years would of course be ridiculous but certainly we should be looking at some of our potential who would be comfortable to do a job at European level.

We destroy the confidence of players during a vital career path transition phase.
There are a good few of those I'm sure you could name.
Plenty have shown potential and disappeared into oblivion.

Don't understand why you would think a player would or should go on to set the world on fire after he's being ruined by Ulster during his development.
To say that none have done anything elsewhere actually endorses my view that we do ruin them.
On the other hand if someone does go on to do well elsewhere, you would say that we do have a good system but the player just didn't fit in to our plans.

The last player to do that from memory is Ian Whitten.
Incidentally he was a product of the McGlocks era who had a strong Irish youth development background.
He also brought through Gilroy, Jackson and Marshall.and was there when Hendy. McCloskey and Olding first came on the scene.

That's 6 academy players in his 3 year tender in charge that went on to play for Ireland.
I have no doubt that Nevin also would have been included in that statistic also and Mcglocks converted Chad to a 7 which brought him international success.
We have produced one home grown internationals since.
That's not coincidence.

Could lead to a sub question about our treatment of coaches.
Last edited by bazzaj on Fri Nov 17, 2017 12:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.