Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by Russ »

Russ wrote:Can we get a comment?

Disney has ignited a media roasting after blacklisting the Los Angeles Times from film screenings to punish the paper for critical coverage of its business operations

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.theg ... ia-boycott

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
They cant Dave

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:

Disney has ignited a media roasting after blacklisting the Los Angeles Times from film screenings to punish the paper for critical coverage of its business operations

They cant Dave

What
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Dave wrote:
Russ wrote:

They cant Dave

What
Large companies are not allowing journalists freedom.
If a journalist goes against the official PR line they are banned

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:Large companies are not allowing journalists freedom.
If a journalist goes against the official PR line they are banned

BBC
UlsterNo9
Lord Chancellor

Post by UlsterNo9 »

When is the next podcast release?

I'm gagging for it!
BRING OUR BOYS HOME #BOBH
THROWN UNDER THE BUS AND EXILED 14/04/18
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I wondered when someone would get round to Dwayne Peel. First off let me say I consider Dwayne and appalling name, on a par with Robin but I digress.

I happen to think that I have seen some excellent back play this season and a deal more confidence & timing in the passing. The dusky chappie in the woodpile is handling. I marvelled watching an AIL game on Saturday that handling was infinitely better than at Spanners, but of course, it has to be said the game is slower and the time ball carriers & recipients have is that bit longer.

In Peel's favour, I have definitely noticed greater continuity & support amongst the backs in attack.

The thing that we will never know unless we have someone in attendance regularly at training is who is doing what. Is Folk running defence with the backs, what & where are the crossovers with Peel? Perhaps one for the boys, if they attend much training, Adam, can you actually identify who does what amongst the coaches in day to day training? Are the roles obvious in sessions or does it work by "brains trust"?

Jizzer: enjoyed that article, Greenwood is always worth a read. I also like Dave's idea of stapling it to FOLK's face.
I know a few people round coaching circles in Ulster and Peel is allegedly very popular with the whole squad

As for who does what, Gibbes deals exclusively with the forwards, or so i've been told, apparently barely talks to the backs at all. From that I would assume Dundon is then exclusively scrum coach then and Peel only works with the backs
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

Bad news all, no podcast this week due to some football match tomorrow night taking up too much of our digital team’s time. I know, I don’t get it either :roll:

Sorry for that, but we will be back next week so keep firing in those listener questions for us. We will strive to answer as many as possible next week to make up for no podcast at all this week.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

ADM wrote:Bad news all, no podcast this week due to some football match tomorrow night taking up too much of our digital team’s time. I know, I don’t get it either :roll:

Sorry for that, but we will be back next week so keep firing in those listener questions for us. We will strive to answer as many as possible next week to make up for no podcast at all this week.
LA Times apologised to Disney btw. Now allowed back in city of Anaheim

Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

No podcast this week. Hmm....

Wonder has Les has been on here and read the questions about the defensive system. Keep the questions coming until we sweep these questions under the carpet.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

breakdown wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote:I wondered when someone would get round to Dwayne Peel. First off let me say I consider Dwayne and appalling name, on a par with Robin but I digress.

I happen to think that I have seen some excellent back play this season and a deal more confidence & timing in the passing. The dusky chappie in the woodpile is handling. I marvelled watching an AIL game on Saturday that handling was infinitely better than at Spanners, but of course, it has to be said the game is slower and the time ball carriers & recipients have is that bit longer.

In Peel's favour, I have definitely noticed greater continuity & support amongst the backs in attack.

The thing that we will never know unless we have someone in attendance regularly at training is who is doing what. Is Folk running defence with the backs, what & where are the crossovers with Peel? Perhaps one for the boys, if they attend much training, Adam, can you actually identify who does what amongst the coaches in day to day training? Are the roles obvious in sessions or does it work by "brains trust"?

Jizzer: enjoyed that article, Greenwood is always worth a read. I also like Dave's idea of stapling it to FOLK's face.
I know a few people round coaching circles in Ulster and Peel is allegedly very popular with the whole squad

As for who does what, Gibbes deals exclusively with the forwards, or so i've been told, apparently barely talks to the backs at all. From that I would assume Dundon is then exclusively scrum coach then and Peel only works with the backs
So the idea of breaking down the coaching silos with all coaches working together has failed?
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

breakdown wrote:

And Kiss? And Niall Malone? I suppose they must do something. Defence? I'm assuming the journos will at least sometimes attend these sessions, hence my question to Adam & his Ants.

Cheers anyway Breakdown.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

breakdown wrote:

So yet more evidence emerges that Gibbes is just the Forwards Coach...
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

Dave wrote:No podcast this week. Hmm....

Wonder has Les has been on here and read the questions about the defensive system. Keep the questions coming until we sweep these questions under the carpet.
we need to be more devious with our approach to asking questions.. they are monitoring us ... next thing we know is they will have Israelis spies watching us...
Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

ADM wrote:Bad news all, no podcast this week due to some football match tomorrow night taking up too much of our digital team’s time. I know, I don’t get it either :roll:

my question for you guys to discuss.... do you as journalists feel in anyway shackled by UR or do you feel that there is no question that you couldn't ask?

another... interested if you would discuss Ferris's comments that UR need a complete overhaul from top to bottom and what you think that might look like .. or get an interview from him to clarify his remarks?

or find a slot to ask the experts here a question to get the view of what an average non FB not a real supporter might have to say on a particular subject matter..
breakdown
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by breakdown »

BaggyTrousers wrote:
breakdown wrote:

And Kiss? And Niall Malone? I suppose they must do something. Defence? I'm assuming the journos will at least sometimes attend these sessions, hence my question to Adam & his Ants.

Cheers anyway Breakdown.
No idea about Kiss i'm assuming his role is to do with tactics, selections but in terms of hands on coaching, i'm guessing he's probably "defence" coach but has a bit of a hand in every pie so to speak. But that's probably one for the actual journo's indeed :thumleft:
Chris Henry is superhuman... I think he's half cyborg