Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Re: Ulster Rugby Round-Up podcast

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Cornerfleg wrote:Next podcast guys ask anyone in a coaching track suit what plan B is when the "give the fecking thing to Charlie" doesnt work.
Doncha mean Plan C?

Plan B is clearly "give it to Stockcube"

Indeed Plan B could actually be morphing into Plan A. :roll:
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:
Cornerfleg wrote:Next podcast guys ask anyone in a coaching track suit what plan B is when the "give the fecking thing to Charlie" doesnt work.

Also ask does anyone at ulster or in the world of rugby honestly believe that Gandalf McCloskey... Ie "Thou shall not pass" throwing a dummy for a show and go fools anyone on the planet... He makes SOB look like Dan Carter...
I feel sorry for McCloskey. When he sees Deysel totter off he knows he becomes the primary ball carrier. Stats say he passed 10 and ran 11.
53% of stats are made up.
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:

Also ask does anyone at ulster or in the world of rugby honestly believe that Gandalf McCloskey... Ie "Thou shall not pass" throwing a dummy for a show and go fools anyone on the planet... He makes SOB look like Dan Carter...
I feel sorry for McCloskey. When he sees Deysel totter off he knows he becomes the primary ball carrier. Stats say he passed 10 and ran 11.
92% of stats are made up
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:

109% of stats are made up
I'm not arguing -
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:

27% of stats are made up
I'm not arguing -
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:

27% of stats are made up
What about the other 153%?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

+1

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:
Cap'n Grumpy wrote:
Dave wrote:

27% of stats are made up
What about the other 153%?
A small proportion of that 153% .....I'd say maybe 87% of them ..... are true facts , or maybe fake news, or possibly even new fakes. They might even be made up.
I'm not arguing -
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

Here's my killer question.
If you were coaching Ulster Rugby what things would you do differently?
Last edited by bazzaj on Mon Oct 30, 2017 7:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
ADM
Initiate

Post by ADM »

Apologies for the very late notice ladies and gents but due to unforeseen circumstances (namely a pushed forward flight to Port Elizabeth) we will be recording our podcast today as opposed to Tuesday or Wednesday.

Therefore we are looking for listener questions for this week’s episode - as always all that are submitted will be considered.

I have noticed several questions asked already after Saturday’s game - to save me sifting through them all and trying to determine which are genuine and which are sarcasm, if you want a question to be considered please repost it after this post.

Thanks for all the support so far, keep the feedback coming and we’ll keep improving for you (hopefully)!
bazzaj

Post by bazzaj »

bazzaj wrote:Here's my killer question.
If you were coaching Ulster Rugby what things would you do differently?
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Are there any academy players that could step up this season and improve the team? Could Ulster introduce players earlier like Leinster? The emergence of young players last season like Stockdale/Ross Kane seems to have been through having no other option, have we got the balance right between starting young players too early/late?
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Does our squad have too many players who are not good enough or past it and if so, how do address this given selection and budgetary constraints?

What went wrong at the lineout and why did it just get worse and worse?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

OT but Adam - if you get a chance, Addo Elephant Park near PE is worth a visit. Despite the name it does also have a few lions so keep your hands to yourself.
muscles
Novice

Post by muscles »

What would you guys like to see happen on and off the field this season that might represent the start of a realistic upward curve before the end of this season? This is not a question about position in league, groups etc as it is future seasons that are now much more important. This club is in a worrying decline.