Dragon slayers V House Henson

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Re: Dragon slayers V House Henson

Post by Neill_M »

Ref is Welshman Dan Jones for info.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Eggs
Warrior Chief

Post by Eggs »

Without knowing any details of the injury and his overall knee condition, I would have no problem with Marcell being given another week to rest/rehab/whateverthefuckyouwanttocallit

Ultimately this should be up there with the games we least need him
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

We home?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Russ wrote:We home?

Yeah
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:Unsure of the availability of a fair few players. I'm not a 'so and so needs a rest' type of guy but some lads need game time. A few players took a knock (tredz, Louis, Herbst) so an extra week wouldn't hurt them. Playing a dragons side who are not even targeting this match, the following type of side could easily crush them at home:

Warwick
Andrew
RAY (preferably Kane or Simpson if fit)
Hendo
Browne
Rea
Reidy
Marcell
Cooney
Nelson
Charlie
Luke
Cave
Trimble
Stockdale
Good side Dave although as others have said, if there is a benefit from giving Marcel another week's recovery then so be it. No idea how long Deysel will take to recover but would like either him or Marcel in the team. If neither fit, then would move Hendy to backrow and start Tredders/AOC.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote:Unsure of the availability of a fair few players. I'm not a 'so and so needs a rest' type of guy but some lads need game time. A few players took a knock (tredz, Louis, Herbst) so an extra week wouldn't hurt them. Playing a dragons side who are not even targeting this match, the following type of side could easily crush them at home:

Warwick
Andrew
RAY (preferably Kane or Simpson if fit)
Hendo
Browne
Rea
Reidy
Marcell
Cooney
Nelson
Charlie
Luke
Cave
Trimble
Stockdale
Good side Dave although as others have said, if there is a benefit from giving Marcel another week's recovery then so be it. No idea how long Deysel will take to recover but would like either him or Marcel in the team. If neither fit, then would move Hendy to backrow and start Tredders/AOC.
If Marcell needs another week then I hope the medical staff would be stepping in to ensure he is fully ready to return. I don't personally subscribe to the theory of not playing a player Incase they get injured. I know that isn't being suggested.

If Marcell did get injured again it would be either: bad luck or a sign of an inherent weakness in, most likely, his knee.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

According to beeb: Hendo off the bench, Deysel and Piutau should be back and Marcell won't feature until Zebre.
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Last I read was Hendo and Payne back but no Deysel or Coetzee. No news on VDM so he could be back too?
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
Neill_M
Lord Chancellor

Post by Neill_M »

Payne back for trip to Parma apparently

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Les regarding Marcell:

“He’s got fluid in it so it’s just working through that and making sure it’s clear on all that.

“We’re just looking after it and it may be a case that this knee flares up every now and then. We’re just keeping an eye on it at this stage. Hopefully if not this week, (he’ll return) next week.”

We had been told it was 'just' a knock.
Cap'n Grumpy
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: second barrier up, at the half-way line ... or is the third?

Post by Cap'n Grumpy »

Dave wrote:Les regarding Marcell:

“He’s got fluid in it so it’s just working through that and making sure it’s clear on all that.

“We’re just looking after it and it may be a case that this knee flares up every now and then. We’re just keeping an eye on it at this stage. Hopefully if not this week, (he’ll return) next week.”

A tap on the shin should cure fluid on the knee.
I'm not arguing -
I'm just explaining why I'm right
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I heard a wee whisper that it is indeed a fluid situation ............and in more than one joint too.

This weeks bullshit form URPR comes from the Weihahn Herbst article. I quote:
The next opportunity comes this Friday night against the Dragons (Kingspan Stadium, 7.35pm), albeit Ulster will face a team which is also high on confidence, following a superb win versus Connacht at Rodney Parade last weekend.
Factcheck: Dragons previous win before last Friday was more than 8 months ago on 6/1/2017. Quite amazing that they can now be brimming with confidence to the extent of being "high on confidence", maybe whackytabacky got the writer high. :roll:
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BR
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BR »

Dave wrote:Les regarding Marcell:

If a knock causes a flare up and the flare-up causes fluid ....
Can I come out from behind the sofa yet?
www.stoutboys.co.uk
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Timoney and Lyttle to feature

Cockatrice
Lord Chancellor

Post by Cockatrice »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I heard a wee whisper that it is indeed a fluid situation ............and in more than one joint too.

This weeks bullshit form URPR comes from the Weihahn Herbst article. I quote:
The next opportunity comes this Friday night against the Dragons (Kingspan Stadium, 7.35pm), albeit Ulster will face a team which is also high on confidence, following a superb win versus Connacht at Rodney Parade last weekend.
Factcheck: Dragons previous win before last Friday was more than 8 months ago on 6/1/2017. Quite amazing that they can now be brimming with confidence to the extent of being "high on confidence", maybe whackytabacky got the writer high. :roll:
baggy.. the Dragons are there for slaying and in fact this group is looking easier as each week passes.. I expected more from the Scarlets last week but they will improve as the season progresses and Leinster will be Leinster..

marcela is broken..
Currently studying Stage 5 (level3) at IRFU