Dragon slayers V House Henson

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

jean valjean
Chancellor to the King

Dragon slayers V House Henson

Post by jean valjean »

With 2 winnable games coming up and the hopeful return of Marcel and deysel this week do we take to chance and give a couple of fringe guys a start? Thinking like starting the admiral with a decent team around him for one. October is fully loaded with 2 interpros and 2 euro games so now is the chance for a little squad use.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
rocky
Red Hand Ambassador

Re: Dragon slayers V House Henson

Post by rocky »

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Bo***cks to Brexit
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Hendo must play he needs game time. Otherwise the injuries are stacking up. Herbst, Tredders and Louis looking hurt. Most changes will be enforced.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I'll be astonished if you see Marcell, though I assume Big Red may well have rediscovered his composure after being blattered by Bustedcock around his scone. Depends on how minor his trauma was.

It does seem like an opportunity, especially as Dragons appear to be waving the white fleg already and talking about resting half a dozen for their next home game, a winnable game agin the Kings, Jackman appears to have decided to target a loss at Spanners: http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/ ... _in_PRO14/

However, I don't trust Ulster to do the job with a weak team, I would like to see the likes of John Andrew started, maybe Rodders, keep Rea going, obviously I'd like to see Cave given his 12th minute of the season and a few others, indeed I'd love to see Cave start inside Stockcube in the centre. Obviously, it makes no sense not to give 2MP a run because injury will happen, much as I hear a whisper that somebody doesn't think he has sufficient grunt.

A decent side required with a few to take a punt on on the bench.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Sue Dename
Novice

Post by Sue Dename »

Lealiifano is going to be rested v the Dragons.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

Sue Dename wrote:Lealiifano is going to be rested v the Dragons.
To be fair I would expect that as he will then play the next 4 matches
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Assuming CL is rested this week, then I would assume Cooney may be given a rest the following one, or at most a bench spot. I can't see us resting both as a) who would then be our goalkicker and b) our halfback partnership would be a real worry without either of them and I can't see Nelson progressing much as a reserve 10 if he doesn't have a decent 9 playing alongside him.
Russ
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Russ »

Bart S wrote:Assuming CL is rested this week, then I would assume Cooney may be given a rest the following one, or at most a bench spot. I can't see us resting both as a) who would then be our goalkicker and b) our halfback partnership would be a real worry without either of them and I can't see Nelson progressing much as a reserve 10 if he doesn't have a decent 9 playing alongside him.
This is les kiss remember

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

And so begins the 'who will be rested' UR rugby guessing game. Four games in and some lads are wrecked.

In the case of CL it is somewhat understandable.
Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:And so begins the 'who will be rested' UR rugby guessing game. Four games in and some lads are wrecked.

Dave - more a case of looking forward and assuming the 1st choice guys available will play Connacht at home followed by the 2 Euro games. If that happens and Cooney isn't rested in some form in the next cpuple of games then he will have played 8 weeks in a row.

If only we actually had some SID.
Gerald the Mole
Warrior

Post by Gerald the Mole »

http://www.southwalesargus.co.uk/sport/ ... ref=twtrec

This resting players is becoming a joke, three games in and looking to give guys a rest.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

I think resting Marcell us the right move, Christiano too perhaps as few to none of us know what shape the guy is in. Cooney has a dodgy injury profile and probably is enjoying his rugby more than ever as top dog. He needs to be treated with kid gloves given how balluxed we are without him.

Bit if a juggling act if Kiss is up to it.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
Rooster
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Rooster »

BaggyTrousers wrote:I think resting Marcell us the right move, Christiano too perhaps as few to none of us know what shape the guy is in. Cooney has a dodgy injury profile and probably is enjoying his rugby more than ever as top dog. He needs to be treated with kid gloves given how balluxed we are without him.

Bit if a juggling act if Kiss is up to it.
Rest Lelo this week and start Nelson with AN Other on bench and rest Cooney next week with Lelo starting for a half
“That made me feel very special and underlined to me that Ulster is more than a team, it is a community and a rugby family"
Rory Best
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote:And so begins the 'who will be rested' UR rugby guessing game. Four games in and some lads are wrecked.

Dave - more a case of looking forward and assuming the 1st choice guys available will play Connacht at home followed by the 2 Euro games. If that happens and Cooney isn't rested in some form in the next cpuple of games then he will have played 8 weeks in a row.

If only we actually had some SID.
I don't personally see anything wrong with playing eight games in a row. There are plenty of breaks in the league for non-internationals.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

The game is a contact sport the professional game can be a hard hitting game and even with body padding the lumps will accumulate over 2 or three weeks and the body needs time to heal or the damage becomes semi- permanent , a serious injury waiting to happen.

Exactly when a player should be rested is really up to the medical team not a time period set in stone .
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist