Dragon slayers V House Henson

Talk about the men in white, and everything Ulster!!

Moderator: Moderators

Bart S
Lord Chancellor

Re: Dragon slayers V House Henson

Post by Bart S »

Dave wrote:Just as long as he's nowhere near the team for a big match. And a few others I could mention.

Big matches coming up soon and as far as the matchday 23 goes we don't have a lot of alternatives right now that i can see.
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

Bart S wrote:
Dave wrote:Just as long as he's nowhere near the team for a big match. And a few others I could mention.

Big matches coming up soon and as far as the matchday 23 goes we don't have a lot of alternatives right now that i can see.
Hopefully Herbst can stay fit.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

And focused. He wasn't tuned in for a while, but he's a unit when on it.
Jono has a load of work to do.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.
rumncoke
Lord Chancellor

Post by rumncoke »

Baggy listen to the refs explanation of the card it's a farce .

if he had said it was for a late tackle I would have no trouble .

But it was given for "
a Tackle into the back" which is completely different to charging into someone's back in a ruck .

As far as I am aware a tackle from behind has not yet outlawed by the laws of the game .

Plus the player was pushed to the ground not tackled to the ground .

With a minute to go a penalty and warning was all that was needed.

Players are hit as hard week after week off the ball on the pretence of joining a ruck and no action is taken .

Ulster's problem at the moment might be excessive use of the bench in the second half .

Treviso scored in the second half so did both the Scarlets and Dragons .

By excessive I mean too many players at the same time such as back row and centres leading to a loss of focus in defence .

Maybe introducing a back row change at 1/2 time and avoiding changes in the backs or making any change with 20 minutes to go might be less disruptive .

But it is trend ( leaking trys in the second half) which will lose games against better opposition.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
Within this carapace of skepticism there lives an optimist
Setanta
Lord Chancellor

Post by Setanta »

Playing subs in their accustomed positions with the presumed same defensive organisation helps as well.
From the rolling glens of Antrim through the hills of Donegal we will stand and shout for Ulster as we win both scrum and maul from the lovely lakes of Fermanagh tae the shores of ould Lough Gall we will scream and shout for Ulster as we beat them one and all!
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

You know what guys? I think that some of us, me included, need to put our "set in stone" views on quite a few players on hold. I have no doubt that a good or great coach can make acceptable good squad players, fit to step in when needed, from the Daves of this world. Maybe not all Daves but we all know that Rodders has his qualities, Robbie is not a line breaker but has a load of good things going for him, and so on.

I'm of the opinion that everyone inside Camp Spanners with the exception of the DOR who made a considerable mess of the most dreadful season for most of a decade last year, almost single-handedly since we know he sidelined every other coach. He carries the can for last year, am I alone in remembering being baffled by:

- Louis Ludik, one minute Player of the Season in waiting, gets injured and even though fit, never again selected
- Franco, disgracefully treated as soon he was announced as off to Cardiff when we all knew he had to go, couldn't get a game despite FOLK's "second row SID" being a blatant lie when he chased Dan Tuohy out the door.
- Bizarre selections, players out of position & the rest.

He is dead to me, much of the selection nonsense still happening, another player seemingly being driven towards the exit.

Barring FOLK, I'm working on a clean sheet, even for our poor old friend p, who barring our bizarre first try when he fired a ridiculous pass, actually didn't play woefully, albeit not much of a test.
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

Ron'n I agree that all Rodders needed was a word and a penalty

Ron'n & Santa, what you are saying about substitutions is all covered under my previous post, but yes when Cave went off we had a large scale reshuffle that seemed OTT and although some may say "Aye you would say that", the mass substitutions in Treviso before the job was done almost cost the win, the number of subs was not the issue, doing it wholesale with no continuity in the game was the problem, so yeah, do say that. >EW
NEVER MOVE ON. Years on, I cannot ever watch Ireland with anything but indifference, I continue to wish for the imminent death of Donal Spring, the FIRFUC's executioner of Wee Paddy & Wee Stu, and I hate the FIRFUCs with undiminished passion.
big mervyn
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh
Location: Overlooking the pitch (til they built the old new stand)

Post by big mervyn »

BaggyTrousers wrote: who barring our bizarre first try when he fired a ridiculous pass, actually didn't play woefully, albeit not much of a test.
I believe that's 3 games in a row where a complete shambles has led to a try.
Volunteer at an animal sanctuary; it will fill you with joy , despair, but most of all love, unconditional love of the animals.
Big Neville Southall
222toHounslow
Warrior Chief

Post by 222toHounslow »

I eagerly await next weeks team announcement.
NUCIFORA IS A BELLEND
Dave
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by Dave »

The penalty and YC was not given for a tackle to the back. It was given for leading with the shoulder into an unprotected area, which in this case was his back.
I have my own tv channel, what have you got?
skiboo
Novice

Post by skiboo »

While the improvement with the forwards in clearing out ,tackling low and hard and protecting the ball is apparent and down to Jonno and the forwards coaches what about a big applause for Peel who has our S/H's passing directly off the base and not taking the obligatory step which was norm for beagle and others in former years
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

big mervyn wrote:
BaggyTrousers wrote: who barring our bizarre first try when he fired a ridiculous pass, actually didn't play woefully, albeit not much of a test.
I believe that's 3 games in a row where a complete shambles has led to a try.
Yes and Stockcube is hoovering up gifts like they are going out of fashion, indeed he almost pulled off the shambles double when he was correctly but erroneously according to the rules denied the second moment of comedy gold to add to the Treviso feck up.

You know what I say Merv, when they go for you, just smile & say nathin'. :D
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

222toHounslow wrote:I eagerly await next weeks team announcement.
Well, taken in the round, he got it right this week despite many hereabouts crapping their gonks when they saw the team. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I can see the first announcement of the week being:
We can't underestimate Zebre, they are coming off the back of an away TBP in South Africa, they are a great team and we will have to be at our best to murder them with a TBP before halftime. Girrid is looking at the weather forecast to see what denier of Pretty Polly he will be sporting for his cameo off the bench. Hendy will be rested, it's no joke playing your first 20 minutes in 3 months. Marcell & Big Red will be monitored closely before we decide to say "Next week" and unfortunately Charless got a hard-on on Friday night but should be back for Connacht. Cave can just find himself a new club, only good for 50 minutes, he can feck off, we've got The Luke & 2 Stus ........ wait, one Stu, & sure Tommy is a Lions test 13.
BaggyTrousers
Rí­ na Cúige Uladh

Post by BaggyTrousers »

skiboo wrote:While the improvement with the forwards in clearing out ,tackling low and hard and protecting the ball is apparent and down to Jonno and the forwards coaches what about a big applause for Peel who has our S/H's passing directly off the base and not taking the obligatory step which was norm for beagle and others in former years
I mentioned Peel in the bar BEFORE the game for some praise, but I suppose many of you weren't there and if you were probably not listening.

A little bird told me that after his first training session Christiano said to the squad something along the lines of: "Jeez lads you guys are taking this as a matter of life and death, you need to lighten up and enjoy the game". I believe we are seeing guys doing things that they may have feared to do previously, perhaps Peel & Leali'ifano are getting through.

Early doors up to yet but without a doubt some positive signs ................. as always in Norn Iron, scattered showers of crap will follow as night follows day, still if we are to be a shambles perhaps the new voices will minimise the anguish.

Now if the defence coach would sharpen his ideas it would help because there are currently 7 teams in this two-tier league who have shipped fewer tries. Defensively we are in the bottom half of the league. Remind me who looks after that? :shock: :duh:
Tender
Red Hand Ambassador

Post by Tender »

Big Cube won't get many better gifts than the early Birthday prezzie thon dreadlocked Mercan presented him on Friday. If he did Threaten Paloma, her record company should tighten her security.
Support the Team, not the regime
Guinness is Good For You.